Things That Should Be On This Site

Spotted any errors or found anything that doesn't work?
Post Reply
Steve_Poppers
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat 06.25.2005 1:23 am
Contact:

Things That Should Be On This Site

Post by Steve_Poppers » Sat 09.24.2005 1:18 am

This is my first thread and probably won't go anywhere, but I thought I'd go for it anyway because where would the world be if no one just tried and said, "To flip with the consequences!"? (Don't worry, I don't know what that means either.)

So, this should be about things that aren't on the site, but you think should be to make it more useful as a resource. Ideally, this would be the one for Clay to watch if he has the time to honor me with his gracious presence. *bows*

Please, keep demands reasonable, as I don't want to invoke the anger of the almighty Administrators!

So, go! Gambatte!

User avatar
Harisenbon
Posts: 2964
Joined: Tue 06.14.2005 3:24 am
Native language: (poor) English
Location: Gifu, Japan
Contact:

RE: Things That Should Be On This Site

Post by Harisenbon » Sat 09.24.2005 2:55 am

This should probably go under the comments/problems/etc page of the forum.

I personally have no gripes or anything with the site. I don't like the Chat program very much, but that's just me. It feels slow and clunky.
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com

Daisuke
Site Admin
Posts: 1065
Joined: Wed 02.02.2005 5:20 am

RE: Things That Should Be On This Site

Post by Daisuke » Sat 09.24.2005 6:45 am

Topic moved...

The chat is a bit slow, yes...

User avatar
AaRoN
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat 08.06.2005 2:37 pm

RE: Things That Should Be On This Site

Post by AaRoN » Sat 09.24.2005 7:28 am

Yeah, i agree the chat is a bit slow.....i think there should be a channel on it to pratice japanese in....not just a chat.

It will help people grasp it better if the people there help them, and also help them to develope convdence in their spoken and written skillz B) :D
I don't understand.......Why can't i fly????

aoeuaoeuaoeu
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon 03.07.2005 11:01 am

RE: Things That Should Be On This Site

Post by aoeuaoeuaoeu » Sat 09.24.2005 12:01 pm

AaRoN wrote:
Yeah, i agree the chat is a bit slow.....i think there should be a channel on it to pratice japanese in....not just a chat.

It will help people grasp it better if the people there help them, and also help them to develope convdence in their spoken and written skillz B) :D
That channel is called 'Chat in Japanese'...

appleraja
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon 08.29.2005 1:42 pm

RE: Things That Should Be On This Site

Post by appleraja » Sat 09.24.2005 1:15 pm

hm not sure if their is one, but maybe some like mp3 files of a japanese converstion?

User avatar
redfoxer
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed 03.02.2005 6:09 pm
Contact:

RE: Things That Should Be On This Site

Post by redfoxer » Sat 09.24.2005 2:13 pm

theres some in the frank and the obaasan lessons (MP3 dialogue downloads) which you might like to have a gander but if your looking for like lessons in japanese MP3's, firstly, theyre almost impossible to find as free downloads (legally and as a Direct download), and secondly, it would cost alot more to host alot of large downloadable lessons as they suck up bandwidth (well kinda depends on size of downloads).

http://www.thejapanesepage.com/readarti ... icle_id=27

frank and the obaasan lessons link.
日本語はとても面白いと思いますよ!私は日本語が大好きです!

User avatar
AaRoN
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat 08.06.2005 2:37 pm

RE: Things That Should Be On This Site

Post by AaRoN » Sat 09.24.2005 4:23 pm

fuasu wrote:
AaRoN wrote:
Yeah, i agree the chat is a bit slow.....i think there should be a channel on it to pratice japanese in....not just a chat.

It will help people grasp it better if the people there help them, and also help them to develope convdence in their spoken and written skillz B) :D
That channel is called 'Chat in Japanese'...
no i ,ean 1 for people who dont really have ne cinvestaion skills:|
Every time i've used thsat channel every1 in it can hold a really full scale conversation.
I don't understand.......Why can't i fly????

User avatar
jinksys
Posts: 595
Joined: Sat 01.29.2005 4:12 pm
Contact:

RE: Things That Should Be On This Site

Post by jinksys » Sat 10.01.2005 2:20 am

You can just create your own chat room then.

User avatar
pricey_123
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005 9:06 am

RE: Things That Should Be On This Site

Post by pricey_123 » Tue 11.29.2005 11:10 am

so the chat room does work then!
everytime i seem to go onto it, it comes up with the loading message, and then... well nothing, its just that blue page, but with nothing to do on it. am i doing something wrong???

richvh
Posts: 6480
Joined: Thu 09.29.2005 10:35 pm
Contact:

RE: Things That Should Be On This Site

Post by richvh » Tue 11.29.2005 1:45 pm

AaRoN wrote:
no i ,ean 1 for people who dont really have ne cinvestaion skills:|
Every time i've used thsat channel every1 in it can hold a really full scale conversation.
Well, it's not a permanent room like "Chat in Japanese", but everytime I go on I start up the "Japanese Classroom" for teaching people Japanese. Drop in sometime.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語

Daisuke
Site Admin
Posts: 1065
Joined: Wed 02.02.2005 5:20 am

RE: Things That Should Be On This Site

Post by Daisuke » Tue 11.29.2005 2:07 pm

pricey_123 wrote:
so the chat room does work then!
everytime i seem to go onto it, it comes up with the loading message, and then... well nothing, its just that blue page, but with nothing to do on it. am i doing something wrong???
Download macromedia flash. I think you need at least 7.0 to run the chat.

User avatar
clay
Site Admin
Posts: 2813
Joined: Fri 01.21.2005 9:39 am
Location: Florida
Contact:

RE: Things That Should Be On This Site

Post by clay » Fri 01.06.2006 2:58 am

Sorry! I was pretty busy while this thread was being written. (going to and from Japan and preparing for my son's birth while biting my nails nervously)

Does anyone know of a Chat program that would work better (and of course support Japanese text)? I don't mind buying one if there isn't a free program. I am afraid I don't know much about the chat world.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Clay

Daisuke
Site Admin
Posts: 1065
Joined: Wed 02.02.2005 5:20 am

RE: Things That Should Be On This Site

Post by Daisuke » Fri 01.06.2006 8:31 am

Give people a while to answer your posts.

Post Reply