Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - this is why being a guy stinks.

this is why being a guy stinks.

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

RE: this is why being a guy stinks.

Postby kayuu » Wed 12.12.2007 5:05 pm

two_heads_talking wrote:
MXC is nothing like the original takeshi's castle. in fact MXC isn't even run from start to finish. not once have they ever shown the last 3 events. not once have they ever shown the squirtgun fights in the electric carts. all they do is try to make it either gross or sexual and I find it slightly amusing that way. but, it's the closest we will get I suppose..

oh, and you don't need to be a guy to understand the pain.. ask your boyfriend or other guy friend, or husband to ball up his fist and punch you in the ovaries or your uterus.. the pain is the same.

I do like to catch ninja warrior on the G4 network.. that is usually slightly entertaining.

I've watched Ninja Warrior a couple of times, they play it on the same channel here as they did Takeshi's Castle, but I prefer Takeshi's castle, I think it's funnier :)

I don't fancy the idea of someone punching me in the uterus, I don't think that's ever happened to me before and it doesn't sound at all pleasant >_< that area suffers enough pain once a month, it doesn't need to be subjected to more.
Last edited by kayuu on Wed 12.12.2007 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kayuu

Native language: 英語

Postby guitarplayer7694 » Wed 12.12.2007 6:30 pm

Getting a bit racy in here. lol :D
guitarplayer7694

Postby Dehitay » Thu 12.13.2007 9:41 am

Wakannai wrote:
Yea, when I was growing up, my mom cautioned me not to punch girls in the gut. Anywhere else was ok, just not the stomach.

heh, were those her exact words? The "Anywhere else was ok" part makes me snicker a bit.
www.bananamonkeyninja.com
The only webcomic endorsed by Banana Monkey Ninja
Dehitay

Native language: English

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 12.13.2007 10:10 am

Wakannai wrote:

Yea, when I was growing up, my mom cautioned me not to punch girls in the gut. Anywhere else was ok, just not the stomach.

when i was growing up, if you hit a girl at all you were considered a tool, a jerk and a derilect to boot. I still feel the same way. Any boy/man that raises his hand to a girl should check out by walking in front of a speeding bus.

I was trying to equate the pain in the video to a young lady that wasn't sure what it was equal too. I should have stated more simply it was like monthly cramps and left it at that.
two_heads_talking

Postby guitarplayer7694 » Thu 12.13.2007 11:01 am

I can't even begin to imagine hiting a girl.
guitarplayer7694

Postby AJBryant » Thu 12.13.2007 12:43 pm

kayuu wrote:
I've seen funnier Japanese game shows. Maybe it's because I'm not a guy, I can't really relate to the pain ;)

I think the favourite Japanese gameshow I've seen thus far has to be (very popular over here, not sure if it's so popular in the US) 'Takeshi's Castle'. Apparently known in the US as 'Most Extreme Elimination Challenge (MXC)', 'King of the Mountain' and 'Storm the Castle'. Originally aired in the 1980s.

I used to LOVE "Fûun Takeshi Jô". I remember the first episode when they had an all gaijin team -- it was the first time there was mass cooperation in getting over the first wall obstacle, and people working together on the thing rather than an insane free-for-all.

I remember thinking that that episode, coupled with the episode the week before, would be a great anthropological study. (It was back during the "Takeshi doll head" days, when Beat Takeshi wasn't appearing on the show but instead a guy wearing a huge rubber Takeshi head.)

Tony
AJBryant
Site Admin

Postby two_heads_talking » Wed 12.19.2007 3:37 pm

Tony, do you or anyone else, have the original episodes on dvd/cd or otherwise recorded?.. I would love to see them in their original format..
Last edited by two_heads_talking on Wed 12.19.2007 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
two_heads_talking

Previous

Return to General off topic