Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Axis & Allies Redux

Axis & Allies Redux

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

RE: Axis & Allies Redux

Postby Mike Cash » Sun 12.16.2007 5:43 pm

Tspoonami wrote:
Out of curiosity, what is the time frame for one complete match or round or whatever you guys call it? Do I have to be sitting at my email for a week, waiting for people to take their rounds, or is it much faster than that?

Depending on how this game works, I might join... It sounds very interesting.

We have finished in a week or so, and then again we have gone for over a month. It varies. As far as turns go, it can be from twice a week to twice a day. It varies.
Never underestimate my capacity for pettiness.
Mike Cash

Native language: English

Postby Tspoonami » Sun 12.16.2007 6:54 pm

Mike Cash wrote:
We have finished in a week or so, and then again we have gone for over a month. It varies. As far as turns go, it can be from twice a week to twice a day. It varies.

So it all depends on how often I check my email, eh? Well, sign me up for whatever, and we'll see how it goes.

tspoonami@comcast.net
Sometimes I think that I'm afraid of thinking, and that scares me.
Tspoonami

Postby Kagemaru » Fri 12.21.2007 10:41 am

Gentlemen an unfortunate incident happened to me, but I am back. I would like to apologise for my absence and hope that I haven't put any noses too much out of joint.

I would like to redeem myself and continue to play if the opportunity allows so.
Kagemaru

Native language: Greek

Postby Mike Cash » Sat 12.22.2007 8:13 am

Kagemaru wrote:
Gentlemen an unfortunate incident happened to me, but I am back. I would like to apologise for my absence and hope that I haven't put any noses too much out of joint.

I would like to redeem myself and continue to play if the opportunity allows so.

I recall an old cartoon, I believe it was Calvin & Hobbes but it may have been something else. A child had stayed out playing past the time he was supposed to be home. His friend suggested that he hurry home as his mother would be angry and the child said that it would be wiser to stay out playing another few hours. "If I go home now, she'll be mad. If I go home three hours from now, she'll be relieved."

We're relieved.
Mike Cash

Postby Valatunda » Sat 12.22.2007 9:37 am

Yes, welcome back Kagemaru.

It is also good to have two new players. Has a game for them been made yet?
Valatunda

Native language: 英語

Postby Mike Cash » Sat 12.22.2007 10:00 am

Just created the new game:

Russia: Hark
German: Kagemaru
Ukland: Tspoonami
Japan: Dehitay
US: Mike Cash

Not everyone would fit. I put one new player to each side and left out Val because he is currently playing two teams in one game and Keatonatron for no good reason other than to make room for Kagemaru who has been absent for a while.
Mike Cash

Postby Tspoonami » Sat 12.22.2007 2:33 pm

Okey dokey. I just got an email telling me that I exist according to that email games server, so... Now I just wait for my turn in the email?
Sometimes I think that I'm afraid of thinking, and that scares me.
Tspoonami

Postby Mike Cash » Sat 12.22.2007 7:39 pm

Yep. When the player prior to you completes his turn you should receive an e-mail notification that it is your turn. You may wish to take a romp through the demo version just to familiarize yourself with it. And be sure to make good use of the links at the upper left of the map: W.W.II F.A.Q.S. and Unit Sheet. Be especially sure to read the part about how to use aircraft carriers and how to make amphibious attacks. And during the game be sure to use the team chat box to coordinate strategies; it does make a difference in the outcome.
Mike Cash

Postby Mike Cash » Sun 12.23.2007 8:58 pm

Kagemaru......we're waiting on you again. Your turn in two games.
Mike Cash

Postby Mike Cash » Tue 12.25.2007 10:18 am

Dehitay: It is your turn. Please check the e-mail you gave me to register you under. If it is a spam trap, you may wish to modify your notification address on the server. I don't believe it will result in any spam for you.
Mike Cash

Postby Dehitay » Tue 12.25.2007 12:36 pm

Sorry if I caused any delay. gamesbyemail ended up in hotmail's junk mail folder so I didn't realize it till I read this post. I've made my move and my battles didn't all turn out as hoped
www.bananamonkeyninja.com
The only webcomic endorsed by Banana Monkey Ninja
Dehitay

Postby keatonatron » Tue 12.25.2007 11:07 pm

Dehitay wrote:
I've made my move and my battles didn't all turn out as hoped

Tell me about it :( I enjoy keeping stats on my rolls to prove that I get less 1's and more 6's than anyone. :|
keatonatron

Postby Dehitay » Wed 12.26.2007 2:29 am

It's ok. After looking at the current board, I've realized what must have happened to Hark when Russia tried to invade me in Manchuria. I think 3 of my units manage to get rid of 6 of his with only 2 casualties.

btw, is it possible to view the progress of the other game going on without actually being a part of it?
Last edited by Dehitay on Wed 12.26.2007 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.bananamonkeyninja.com
The only webcomic endorsed by Banana Monkey Ninja
Dehitay

Postby Hark » Wed 12.26.2007 7:56 am

Oh yes, sometimes I want to kill whoever programmed that pseudo-random numbers generator... :| Actually, there is this funny page explaining how the random numbers generator works http://gamesbyemail.com/DiceGenerator ;) . If this for any reason (younger brother borrowed some lego pieces :p ) doesn't work, they use http://random.org/ .

There's a problem with inspecting other games. Only possibility is someone to give you his direct link to the game (link contains game id and player id, so no additional authentification is needed). The problem is that with this link, anyone can act as a original owner of the link, make turn in his name, etc. I'll PM you my links to the other games, but please - don't distribute further and "don't touch anything" ;)
Hark

Native language: Slovenčina (Slovak)

Postby keatonatron » Wed 12.26.2007 1:30 pm

Hark wrote:
Actually, there is this funny page explaining how the random numbers generator works

Sounds noisy.  :|
keatonatron

PreviousNext

Return to General off topic