Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Day of Glory

Day of Glory

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

Day of Glory

Postby Hatori » Fri 12.28.2007 2:02 am

Hello, long time no thread! Anyway, as the title says, today has been my day of glory: I bought my first item online.
While struggling with my father to allow me to use his credit card and after walking four miles with four of my best friends all over town eventually ending up buying a $50 Visa gift card at Walgreens... I have ordered the original Silent Hill game for the PS1 off of Ebay for the best deal I could find!
I was just wondering what's your opinion on online shopping and if you want to share any websites for others to visit.
Thanks for reading. :D
我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Native language: English

RE: Day of Glory

Postby nabilahforever » Fri 12.28.2007 7:12 am

Well, i bought my first item online too and it was an oxford japanese dictionary. I have ordered it today(28 dec 2007) and i didn't used my money but my big sister's money. Hehehe. When i woke up this morning, i saw her online. But my brother used the computer and she was chatting with my sis. He asked for a story book and me with the face of innocence asked her to buy the dictionary. And she was in the good mood today. :D My sis worked as a doctor in UK and the price of the dictionary was cheap. It was £7.14. At least the dictionary was cheaper than here, in malaysia which was about RM 50 above.

Please note:english is not my first language. So, if there are many mistakes in grammar,pronounciation or anything else, i'm very sorry.
Last edited by nabilahforever on Fri 12.28.2007 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stop talking as if u know me..-YUI
nabilahforever

Postby Dehitay » Fri 12.28.2007 12:36 pm

I would get into the habit of online buying very quickly if you're ever on a budget. There is no easier and cheaper place to shop. I still feel like an idiot for ever buying textbooks from the bookstore
www.bananamonkeyninja.com
The only webcomic endorsed by Banana Monkey Ninja
Dehitay

Postby two_heads_talking » Fri 12.28.2007 2:04 pm

I must agree. you can save quite a bit buying online. you can also track your purchase and with some of the more prevalent sites, you get free shipping too. can't beat that. and you don't have to deal with the idiot shoppers that lack refinement.
two_heads_talking

Postby Hatori » Fri 12.28.2007 11:48 pm

Man, I'm thinking that somebody would come in here barking at me. ;)
Anyway, I'm just looking up some stuff online and things are much cheaper. What I hate though, is that I'm not going to get much work (I walk dogs) for the next few weeks because of snow, so there's a bit of a delay to buy some things.
I'm also surprised that some websites give free shipping. I thought everybody was evil and charged an extra $5 for shipping. :o
我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Postby two_heads_talking » Sat 12.29.2007 10:54 am

IF THE Dog walking slacks off, take advantage of the snow and do some snow removal. it all works out.

but yeah, if you take some time, you can find all sorts of good deals on line.
two_heads_talking

Postby Dehitay » Sat 12.29.2007 11:56 am

Think of eBay as the world's greatest mall. You can find almost anything there but much more easier than in a real mall and for a much cheaper price.

Actually, on 2nd thought, it's more like the world's greatest flea market. For those that don't know what a flea market is, it's a huge complex that rents out space to people to set up their small personal stores in. Stuff is cheap there but you have to watch out for bootleg items.
www.bananamonkeyninja.com
The only webcomic endorsed by Banana Monkey Ninja
Dehitay

Return to General off topic