Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Gravitation

Gravitation

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

Gravitation

Postby Hijiku » Thu 06.28.2007 2:45 pm

Am I the only one who is not afraid to read this manga? ok, given of cource the fact im gay may be the only reason i like it, but once you get around Suichi's innocence and Yuki's obsession with Suichi's mouth, it gets kinda funny. on that note, who here has taken the time to read it?
your life is meaningless, like a glow-stick.

(\__/)
(='.'=) Bunny!!
(")_(")
Hijiku

RE: Gravitation

Postby Kakads » Thu 06.28.2007 3:05 pm

I'm gay, but I don't like Gravitation just because it's shounen-ai.

I've only ever seen the short anime series, but I am a fan of it.
Kakads

Native language: English

Postby SenescenceReign » Thu 06.28.2007 4:11 pm

I read it for the senseless violence. My roomate is an extraordinary Gravitation-obsessed lady, and so we own every Gravitation related thing. As far as the "romance", there was so very very little that could make it seem shounen-ai in the actual series that it would be a waste of time for anyone reading/watching it for that reason!! Even the AMV (I hope that's what it's called) has next to nothing.

If you have a problem with homosexual people, just pretend Shuichi is a chick. It's really not hard.
/relurk
SenescenceReign

Postby Hijiku » Thu 07.05.2007 4:56 pm

Lol! yah, if u read issue #4, u'll see it's actually VERY easy to think that. skim the pages, in one sene, Suichi is wearing a schoolgirl uniform!! XD
your life is meaningless, like a glow-stick.

(\__/)
(='.'=) Bunny!!
(")_(")
Hijiku

Postby Obsessed_Saru » Thu 07.05.2007 9:10 pm

I actually thought Suichi was a girl at first. The first time I was intorduced to it was by way of the anime, I saw the cover of one volume, saw the pink hair, and automaticallu assumed that it was a girl. When I asked my friend about it she actually hit me on the head :D. Yeah...my friend made me watch it because she's a total yaoi/shounen-ai freak and she wanted to create an army of fan girls/ boys...I must admit, I am now a fan girl...
Anyway...I had a point but I no longer know what it was, so now, it will be that I like Gravitation...
There are no dumb questions, therefore, they are all of equal stupidity.
Obsessed_Saru

Postby prep_girl_Nessa » Fri 07.06.2007 3:33 am

I never really liked anime, but my friend loved Gravi, and I loved the music from it so I watched it alot.

And I bought the CD of the music from Gravi and loved the langauge, which is how I ended up here, millions of Japanese CDs later. xD

Never read the books, though.
- Harumi Nessa - 熱砂 春美(Just kidding ^_^'')
'Do you know what it feels like, loving someone who's in a rush to throw you away?
Do you know what it feels like, to be the last one to know the lock on the door has changed?
' - Enrique Iglesias <3
prep_girl_Nessa

Postby Pianogirl123 » Tue 01.08.2008 10:02 pm

well shu is also sometimes drawn as having brown hair... i sometimes get the feeling that anime hair colors are sometimes artistic exaggerations...

i love Gravitation, i bought the whole anime, and am working on obtaining the mangas. My sister is 8 and she watched some episodes with me, and now she likes it too. The friend I heard of this manga from is a straight guy, who one of my other friends who is a girl recommended it to him, so... don't be shy. it's great! just don't look up anything else once you finish the anime and the manga. THATS ALL THAT WAS MADE OF IT!!! seriously.

.. this series turned me into a shonen-ai fangirl... -.-
Pianogirl123

Postby Miyu-rin » Tue 01.08.2008 10:11 pm

I absolutely LOVE Gravitation! XD And even though I'm a shounen-ai fangirl, it's not really because of that. It's because it's so ridiculously funny!! xDD Never fails to make me lol <3
Miyu-rin

Postby Sarah-chan » Mon 01.21.2008 10:20 pm

Omg, Gravitation simply rocked. I am proud to say i actually have a couple of the songs from the anime on my iPod. xD Seriously, they are pretty damn good. <3

Shuichi is just so adorable and Yuki just amazes me. The only thing that bugged me was Shuichi's friend [with the red hair] out of NOWHERE was like 'omg i've been in love with you this entire time ..'. -.- cmon.
I\'m new. ^-^;
Sarah-chan

Postby Algoze » Tue 01.22.2008 8:55 am

I don't like shounen-ai or yaoi but I might try it if it is funny.
Algoze

Re: Gravitation

Postby Kira17 » Thu 06.19.2008 8:13 pm

Ah, I adore Gravitation! <333

I'm usually more into yaoi... (I like it hard core <3) But that Shounen-ai series was awesome <33333

Im a total Eiri Yuki fan <333

Yaoi is the best! You just met the #1 yaoi fan girl <3333
Kira17

Postby Obsessed_Saru » Thu 07.10.2008 8:29 am

I've never actually READ Gravitation, but I've seen the anime. Everytime it pops up on on demand I watch it again. :lol:
I happen to be a fan of it...even though the characters have [i]terrible[i] english voice acting...(English is the only way it comes on on demand... :( the acting sucks.)
There are no dumb questions, therefore, they are all of equal stupidity.
Obsessed_Saru

Postby rico_Ben3 » Wed 07.16.2008 1:36 am

I looked for it and haven't found it. If its anything like Loveless I might like it. I was told that it was very good but I'm not sure anymore. o.o
rico_Ben3

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions