Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Japan's aging society and declining population

Japan's aging society and declining population

Japanese, general discussion on the language

Japan's aging society and declining population

Postby lol890 » Fri 02.08.2008 4:34 pm

Could Japan's declining and aging population cause serious problems? Can the population decline be reversed? I've read articles that state that parts of Japan will become "ghost towns" and that Japan will become as poor as a third-world nation. Is any of this true?
lol890

RE: Japan's aging society and declining population

Postby katafei » Fri 02.08.2008 4:41 pm

Well, I had refence to another thread here, but what the h***
May good things come on your path today.
Last edited by katafei on Fri 02.08.2008 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are all but images of our time
katafei

Native language: Dutch; Female

Postby two_heads_talking » Fri 02.08.2008 4:56 pm

what is it with West Virginia and their fascination with Japanese population? Well, specifically this clown..

Let me guess, you are going to visit Japan and will live there sometime soon. You are also depressed and don't like people and after a few of us post, you will be punching your own face right? oh yeah and living in th e US is eternal sadness and misery.
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby lol890 » Fri 02.08.2008 5:21 pm

Just answer the goddamn question.
lol890

Postby lol890 » Fri 02.08.2008 5:29 pm

I believe that Japan is going to die out along with all other nations with a declining population. I can hit myself if I want. I enjoy the pain because it makes me feel better. It helps relieve stress and frustration.
lol890

Postby Wakannai » Fri 02.08.2008 5:36 pm

Yes, we all remember your other thread. You can try re-reading your other thread, since no-one's answer will really have changed.

I believe that Japan is going to die out along with all other nations with a declining population.

For now, I'll just say not to expect a current trend to be carried to perpetuity. Look at the stock market, it goes up and down. No one expects a rising stock to rise forever, or a declining stock to decline to zero without some special circumstances. Same with country populations. Sometimes the population becomes greater that current birth rates support. All that means is the population will decline until it reaches a stabilization point where the birthrate begins to rise again.
Wakannai

Postby Ken Pro » Fri 02.08.2008 8:29 pm

Japan's had a "low birthrate and aging population" crisis for at least 20 years.

I'm sure they'll figure out a way to deal with it. And if they can't, they'll be glad to know folks in West Virginia are looking out for 'em.
Ken Pro

Postby kayuu » Fri 02.08.2008 9:03 pm

I remember your old thread, didn't we give you a satisfactory answer before or are you just coming to annoy people? :)
kayuu

Native language: 英語

Postby keatonatron » Fri 02.08.2008 9:48 pm

Japan won't simply "die out". Even if the population continues to decline rapidly, it will open up a lot of jobs which will soon be filled by poorer neighboring countries with an excess of population (i.e. China and India [India isn't neighboring, but they are well off enough to afford the plane tickets]).
keatonatron

Postby HarajukuxBoy » Fri 02.08.2008 11:46 pm

Actually, my Human Geography book had a few pages on Japan's "situation." I think it can cause some serious problems if Japan doesn't become more "gun-ho" about immigration. Not saying that Japan doesn't like it or anything, BUT they will need to accept more foreigners and help from other countries to survive as a nation. I think that more people from the U.S.A will learn Japanese and move over there to work(help the economy and such). I really don't think that Japan will just become a ghost town, or die out. But it will need help from other countries more than it does these days. America is a semi-fair example of this; people in th U.S don't want to do "certain jobs" so the country immigrates people in just to do those jobs (I'm pretty sure that still goes on). Because there were lack of people to do certain jobs, we had to ask for help from other nations/countries.
HarajukuxBoy

Postby gfunk » Sat 02.09.2008 12:11 am

I hate feeding the troll... sorry guys, but I gotta do it.

Could Japan's declining and aging population cause serious problems?

Serious? It's a matter of perspective. In a longer term view NO. These things happen everywhere, get over it.

Can the population decline be reversed?

YES

I've read articles that state that parts of Japan will become "ghost towns" and that Japan will become as poor as a third-world nation. Is any of this true?

I've read the USSR would be successful under soviet rule, and that the chupacabras made a woman pregnant... true story.

Kiddo, the best answer you ever got in this forum was to SEEK REAL HELP. Not here... seriously.
gfunk

Postby NocturnalOcean » Sat 02.09.2008 1:07 am

Japan is already working on the solution. Robots.
失敗は成功の元
NocturnalOcean

Native language: Norwegian

Postby coco » Sat 02.09.2008 2:27 am

If you were curious about OP's previous thread, please find the thread from this page.
coco

Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

Postby two_heads_talking » Sat 02.09.2008 9:56 am

HarajukuxBoy wrote:.....if Japan doesn't become more "gun-ho" about immigration. .....

the word you are looking for here is gung-ho.. ;)
two_heads_talking

Postby HarajukuxBoy » Sat 02.09.2008 10:47 am

two_heads_talking wrote:
HarajukuxBoy wrote:.....if Japan doesn't become more "gun-ho" about immigration. .....

the word you are looking for here is gung-ho.. ;)

Haha note taken. Thanks!
HarajukuxBoy

Next

Return to Japanese General Discussion