Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - How does manga change your emotions??

How does manga change your emotions??

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

How does manga change your emotions??

Postby Hatori » Mon 04.02.2007 11:32 pm

Hello. To you, it may seem like a personal question, but how does manga give you a different mood?
For me, whenever I read Nana I always want to burst out into tears because I pity the characters, but I'd want to feel loved and experience what they are going through.
On another case, The Prince of Tennis always make me pumped to play tennis. If I read before my lesson, I'm like ready to kick ass! It also inspires me to play more and work harder.
Whenever I read W Juliet, Fullmoon O Sagashite, or Skip*Beat it makes me want to work VERY hard to become a better actor because I get involved with school plays. Plus, I've always wanted to be a star since I was little.
When I read Maison Ikkoku amd Here is Greenwood it makes me want to make myself do something to keep cheery because both mangas are hilarious, made in the 1980s (I personally think books from the 80s are VERY good.), and just give me that perk of happiness.

These are few examples of how I feel whenever I read manga. These are also like my favorite books I have too. :D
我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Native language: English

RE: How does manga change your emotions??

Postby SirFirestorm » Tue 04.03.2007 12:41 am

Yotsuba makes me feel funny
Welcome to the NHK makes me feel funny... in another way. :o
Genshiken makes me feel kinda dirty!
Last edited by SirFirestorm on Tue 04.03.2007 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
SirFirestorm

Postby Hatori » Tue 04.03.2007 10:13 pm

SirFirestorm, that's hilarious. XD
Once I read a book from this series called IS. It was scary. O_O
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Postby enpitsu00 » Wed 04.04.2007 11:00 pm

Last edited by enpitsu00 on Mon 07.11.2011 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
enpitsu00

Postby Hatori » Sat 04.07.2007 11:49 pm

enpitsu00 wrote:
Well, that's an interesting question :) Naruto and Inuyasha really changed me. You see, whenever I watch/read Naruto, I remember how terrible the characters childhoods are, and I made this strange rule for myself that I would never cry for myself, and that I'd only cry for other and when I'm scared (which usually NEVER happens). And Inuyasha help me build more confidence in myself, and it inspired me :)

PS: IS was one manga that really was well-DISTURBING. Yeah, don't expect me to read that again :o

Awww, how inspiring from IY and Naruto. XD :D
IS is VERY disturbing. My best friend, her little brother, and I all went to buy manga one day and I showed my bff's little bro an IS book and he asked me the funniest thing:
"Is IS for perverts?"
I cracked up so hard....!
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Postby Obsessed_Saru » Wed 04.11.2007 7:38 pm

The only thing that really phased me was PreTear...Every time I see the ending I start to cry (Not because I'm sad about anything, but the fairy tale ending where she comes back to life...uhg. I really wanted her to die.) Nana makes me want to give Hachi a hug...poor thing. Other than that I really just read or watch without too much emotion... :)
Last edited by Obsessed_Saru on Wed 04.11.2007 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Obsessed_Saru

Postby Hatori » Mon 04.16.2007 9:34 pm

OMFG!! I bought the PreTear anime like two years ago. I thought it was good then, and now one of my best friends and I make fun of it. Even though we love to watch it, it's stupid. I also bought her the 1st book for her Bday... She laughed hard. I thought the book was pretty decent, though. We call when they're Preating changing it to "Pruning."

I wish I could be Hachi's best friend. XS
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Postby flammable hippo » Mon 04.16.2007 9:39 pm

I don't really read manga, but I have watched a few different animes and there is one that makes me say to myself "wtf is this?" and that is Bobobobobobobo. It's completely as if the creators were on pot while making it.
Two muffins were baking in an oven. One turns to the other and says "sure is hot in here." The other replies "AH TALKING MUFFIN!"

二つのマフィンがオーブンで焼かれていた。片方のマフィンがもう一方のマフィンに向かって、"暑いね”と言った。すると、話しかけられたほうのマフィンは"アッ!喋るマフィンだ!”と驚いた。 :)
flammable hippo

Postby Obsessed_Saru » Wed 04.18.2007 5:41 pm

Hatori wrote:
OMFG!! I bought the PreTear anime like two years ago. I thought it was good then, and now one of my best friends and I make fun of it. Even though we love to watch it, it's stupid. I also bought her the 1st book for her Bday... She laughed hard. I thought the book was pretty decent, though. We call when they're Preating changing it to "Pruning."

I wish I could be Hachi's best friend. XS

"Pruning"...? (Hahaha) One of my friends made me watch it because she read the books and absolutly loved the dude who was the wind guy (His name is somthing like Hyate or Hiyate). Any way, she got really mad when the ending in the Anime wasn't at all like the ending in the Manga.

If you were Hachi's best friend what would happen to Nana? :D
Obsessed_Saru

Postby punkgrl326 » Sun 06.03.2007 7:18 pm

This never happened to me but I think that any teenage boy who reads the manga or watches the anime "Strawberry Marshmallow" has a pretty good chance of becoming a pedo. I was saved because I'm a girl, but since watching the series I now have a greater appreciation for all things cute.
"Every act of conscious learning requires the willingness to suffer an injury to one's self-esteem. That is why young children, before they are aware of their own self-importance, learn so easily."

-Thomas Szasz
punkgrl326

Postby japanfreak » Fri 02.01.2008 6:13 am

Well, action manga like Black Cat makes me wanna take action, any kind of action. Gunslinger Girl and Ai-Ren makes me really sad, while I laugh my butt off on Midori no Hibi. Appleseed makes me think about the world and the state it's in. Really a rainbow of emotions, isn't it?
japanfreak

Re: How does manga change your emotions??

Postby Havnes » Fri 02.29.2008 6:22 pm

Trigun affected me in a very profound way. I'm much more of a forgiving person now than I was, and it greatly changed my outlook on life. The manga and anime both present the story in a great way.
Havnes

Postby Lunar » Fri 03.14.2008 11:10 am

Everytime I read Honey and Clover I become a much more affectionate person. (It also cheers me up and makes me laugh a lot.) Maybe it's because Hagu is so darn kawaii, and Midori makes me roll around from laughter.
Lunar

Postby miho-sempai » Tue 03.18.2008 10:40 am

Lessee....

I read mostly shoujou manga, and I'm a girl. Basically, I tear up really easily. I'm fairly emotional, so it's somewhat funny to watch me read. I react to what I read, honestly-- there's no specific feeling. With Skip*Beat and W Juliet, if there's a particularly romantic scene or something, I'll react to that and start squealing. My family sees me come downstairs with manga and they'll crowd around me to watch. It's kinda obnoxious, but I love to read.

I love Hikaru no Go-- that just... I like it. It makes me feel like I have to work harder to obtain what I want to do. Skip*Beat kinda gives me that same feeling, especially since my friends keep saying that I have the personality of an actor and that's what I should be doing. ><;;
miho-sempai

Postby Tabetai » Fri 10.31.2008 10:21 pm

Ever since I started watching anime, I've been more emotional and nice and stuff than what I was. The first anime I had ever watched was Sailor Moon, and I guess it's pretty emotional and it has a 'Be nice and respect others' sort of message. This might sound sort of exaggerating, but after I started watching anime I had a more mature personality and open mind and stuff. Woah. Now I'm realizing how emotional anime is. >>
Tabetai

Next

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions