Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Why is the user bar on the right?

Why is the user bar on the right?

Do you have any suggestions to the page's content and such?

Why is the user bar on the right?

Postby BuddhaGeo » Wed 02.27.2008 10:01 am

Since when are the user bars on the forums on the right side of the screen and not on the left?
BuddhaGeo

Re: Why is the user bar on the right?

Postby clayb » Wed 02.27.2008 12:05 pm

That is how it is as default with phpBB. I haven't played with the options much yet.

I am hoping to have someone work on the theme next week. It should make the forums look like a part of the site.
clayb
Site Admin

Postby Chris Hart » Wed 02.27.2008 11:28 pm

I kinda like it there. Makes for a nice change. 

Clay -
If you are looking at options for the forum, can you possibly look at adding a dark theme. All this white is kinda blinding when I am working in the dark with a dark color scheme on the rest of my screen. See screenshot for example.

-.. .   -.- -.-. ---.. ..- ..-. ...-

I am nerdier than 97% of all people. Are you a nerd? Click here to find out!
Chris Hart

Postby danvx6 » Wed 03.05.2008 10:38 am

I really liked the color scheme of the old forums. Are there any plans to have more than one color scheme available to choose from?
danvx6

Postby Wakannai » Wed 03.05.2008 1:17 pm

BuddhaGeo wrote:Since when are the user bars on the forums on the right side of the screen and not on the left?

I"m with Chris. It's a nice change from the standard. It places greater emphasis on the post and less on the poster.
Wakannai

Postby phreadom » Sat 03.15.2008 11:41 am

Wakannai wrote:
BuddhaGeo wrote:Since when are the user bars on the forums on the right side of the screen and not on the left?

I"m with Chris. It's a nice change from the standard. It places greater emphasis on the post and less on the poster.

I'll throw in my $0.02 as well... it was a bit different at first, but I like it now. More emphasis on the posts themselves.
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Postby phreadom » Sat 03.15.2008 11:44 am

Chris Hart wrote:I kinda like it there. Makes for a nice change. 

Clay -
If you are looking at options for the forum, can you possibly look at adding a dark theme. All this white is kinda blinding when I am working in the dark with a dark color scheme on the rest of my screen. See screenshot for example.

From personal experience I can tell you that it's considerably more work to create a well done dark theme than it is to modify the light theme to work with the main TJP theme.

Of course it would be nice, but I'd imagine it will be one of those "if we get around to it eventually" type of things. Not that I presume to speak for the developers. :P
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Return to Suggestions