Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Question to Admins of this Forum

Question to Admins of this Forum

Spotted any errors or found anything that doesn't work?

Question to Admins of this Forum

Postby Kdar » Mon 03.10.2008 9:51 am

Do you like phpBB3? Are you happy with your choice?
Did you considered SMF before installing phpBB3 on this site?

I am just asking this, because I plan to create new forum for something. And right now I can't decide which to use.. SMF or phpBB3.
I used phpBB2 and SMF before. But never tried phpBB3 yet. So, I want to know what technical admins, of this forum, think about this phpBB3?

Also what version of Drupal are you using? the latest?
Kdar

Re: Question to Admins of this Forum

Postby clay » Mon 03.10.2008 12:53 pm

I believe this is Drupal 5.x. I decided not to use 6 since A) most good modules haven't been ported yet or are in beta, and 2) it is still brand new and I'd like something very stable. However, it would have been nice to start with 6...

I didn't have any experience with any forums really. I chose phpBB because it was recommended by the developer and there was a Drupal & phpBB module to tie the two together (which is what we did). It is definitely (for me, anyway) a big improvement. I was pleasantly surprised the other day when after hitting 'Submit,' it showed me someone had posted a newer reply while I was typing. It gave me the option to revise my post accordingly. I thought that was neat.

The admin panel seems to be pretty good. A lot better than the previous forum. I'm sure phpBB has a demo of it on their site for you. This is phpBB3, by the way.
TheJapanShop.com- Japanese language learning materials
Checkout our iPhone apps: TheJapanesePage.com/iPhone
clay
Site Admin

Re: Question to Admins of this Forum

Postby Kdar » Mon 03.10.2008 1:12 pm

Yes. I think so too. Now its looks really nice.

Thank for answers Clay-san.
Kdar

Return to Problems