Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Comming over from About.com

Comming over from About.com

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

Comming over from About.com

Postby Infidel » Mon 10.10.2005 12:19 am

Hey,

I was pretty active on the about.com boards, off and on, for years, but recently they changed formats and destroyed the forum. For about a month we couldn't write Japanese so we pretty much packed up and left. Then they fixed Japanese in the messages though only for UTF-8 and only for IE users. So we came back thinking they were working on it. But there has been no changes since and being unable to have Japanese sigs and Japanese subjects is a major drag. My friends using MAC and Firefox can't write Japanese either, so I went looking for an active Japanese forum.

This one seems the most active and the active moderation makes it the best found. I googled japanese forum and paged through them all. If there is a better forum out there, google never heard of it.

I particuarly like the Kanji Benjyou on the right. If I could get it to post 3rd grade kanji and higher I'd love to put it on my active desktop.

Hopefully they will fix About.com, if they do I'll continue posting there as I've several forum buddies there. But I like this forum enough to stay even if About is fixed later on. Since they didn't make any moves to fix the Japanese forum until after the mass exodus, I figure the only way to get the techs to care is to have another.

Rykk
Infidel

Native language: 英語

RE: Comming over from About.com

Postby nprz » Mon 10.10.2005 1:13 am

よろしく。About.comのnathansanですけど。Firefoxで日本語ができる。でも、MACはまだ書けません。
Tonyさんもこっちに引っ越したみたいです。
nprz

Postby Infidel » Mon 10.10.2005 2:09 am

new word 引っ越し :)

firefoxで出来てから、喜びます。 macは出来なくてご存知ですか。

I'm really trying to use what I know, but I"m sure I bungled that. If you couldn't figure it out, let me know.
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby AJBryant » Mon 10.10.2005 9:45 am

Hi, guys.

Sigh.

I feel sorry for Abe-san, but, y'know....

Tony
AJBryant
Site Admin

Native language: English

Postby Cherie061403 » Mon 10.10.2005 4:33 pm

Welcome, this is seemingly always and active board! ^_^
Cherie061403

Return to Introductions