What Do You Like About Cowboy Bebop

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...
Fiend

Re: What Do You Like About Cowboy Bebop

Post by Fiend » Wed 03.19.2008 9:41 pm

Sorry guys, but bear with me if I say some stuff that's been repeated. I just couldn't get myself to read all the posts.

Cowboy Bebop to me is an absolute classic. Although each episode may seem like it's telling a different story, it consistently features the same characters, revealing something about them piece by piece with each passing episode. Their past is key to a reoccurring storyline that is embedded throughout the series. It's truly worth the watch and you have to watch it all to truly appreciate it.

Besides that, I love the music. Jazz and anime go hand in hand, especially when done by Yoko Kanno (who also did work on the anime Darker Than Black).

japanfreak

Post by japanfreak » Thu 03.20.2008 11:12 am

fiend wrote:Jazz and anime go hand in hand, especially when done by Yoko Kanno (who also did work on the anime Darker Than Black

Also Aquarion.

Fiend

Post by Fiend » Thu 03.20.2008 5:08 pm

japanfreak wrote:
fiend wrote:Jazz and anime go hand in hand, especially when done by Yoko Kanno (who also did work on the anime Darker Than Black

Also Aquarion.

Really? Huh, guess you learn something everyday.

Actually, now that I think about it, I knew that already. :P

Ukeath

Post by Ukeath » Fri 06.06.2008 10:45 pm

Cowboy is one of my favorites. The thing I liked most was the line up of characters. You had the main guy (spike) and
girl(Fey?) and the other bounty hunters plus ED. Anyone here see the movie?

Nirotu

Post by Nirotu » Thu 09.04.2008 3:12 am

I just have to throw my two cents in on this one.

Cowboy Bebop is a great anime. A classic, and easily one of my favorite. I'd have to agree with most of your reasons. The music, the story, the characters, and the action were just a perfect blend.

But some of you were looking for other anime kind of on this level. I've been watching one recently called Samurai 7. If you're a fan of Samurai Champloo I'm pretty sure you'd like Samurai 7. Here is the wikipedia page on it for some insight on the series. Give it a look, you may like it or not. It's about the length of Cowboy Bebop so you don't have to go through 300 episodes for a story :wink: .

revolutionary

Post by revolutionary » Mon 09.08.2008 2:56 am

I realize this has been sort of necro'ed, BUT I just had to be the harbinger of bad news! :twisted:

They're making a live action Cowboy Bebop film with Keanu Reeves as Spike.

Yup.
Less perfect, more free