Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Pimsleur script

Pimsleur script

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Pimsleur script

Postby Budomaru » Sun 10.09.2005 7:51 am

Is there by any chance a text version of the script of Pimsleur's Japanese? it would be useful to check what things it teaches in each lesson so that you know what to brush up on and what you know.

i have already started writing it myself, but its going to take ages so i was wondering if it already exists somewhere.
Budomaru

RE: Pimsleur script

Postby zengargoyle » Sun 10.09.2005 8:10 am

only thing i've run across so far... goes up to lesson 30.
Pimsleur_Japanese_Unit1_Notes.pdf
zengargoyle

Postby Budomaru » Sun 10.09.2005 4:49 pm

no i already have that one - strangely there is only one for Pimsleur Japanese 1, not 2 or 3 although i've tried to find them. they probably dont exist
Budomaru

Postby Daichi » Tue 10.11.2005 9:40 am

Although it's discouraged in the Pimsleur user notes, you could always listen to the course again and transcribe it yourself. That might be even better than just reading it.
Daichi

Postby Budomaru » Tue 10.11.2005 1:21 pm

well i had already done up to the first 3 or 4 lessons of Part 3, and now i'm relistening to it from the beginning. I already started transcribing it, and i'll just do every lesson i finish. besides, the notes discourage it because you're supposed to be a total newbie and not reading them helps develop the accent, but i already know the accent even if i see it written (although i'm not completely capable of reproducing it myself) since i watch tons of anime and i've got other material as well (movies etc.) to help me with it. I'll probably post it somewhere when i'm finished with it but it will take some time i guess. koko mou ii deshou ne ;)
Budomaru

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips