Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Can't log in on pandion :S

Can't log in on pandion :S

Spotted any errors or found anything that doesn't work?

Re: Can't log in on pandion :S

Postby Daisuke » Wed 03.05.2008 3:13 pm

Pandion has been down lately. No one is able to connect to it. Hopefully it will be back up soon.

I was just on the Flashchat earlier today, but now I can't join it either. I will try to figure out who can get the problem solved.
Daisuke
Site Admin

Postby askeladd » Tue 03.25.2008 11:32 pm

What's the latest on the chat feature? To tell the truth, I had trouble being able to chat (w/Pandion) before the move, and now it's giving the same message as others have gotten ("You entered an incorrect password. The account does not exist on the server.")
Of all God's creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.

---Mark Twain
askeladd

Native language: 英語

Postby Daisuke » Wed 03.26.2008 5:53 am

If you want to chat on Pandion now, you will have to re-register to Pandion.

At the login screen, you can see a "Sign Up" button at the bottom left. Click that and follow the instructions (should be easy.)

The Server is, chat.thejapanesepage.com
Daisuke
Site Admin

Postby askeladd » Wed 03.26.2008 10:07 am

Okay, but I'm encountering the same problem I had before the move: When I try to check out a conference room, all I get is an eternal "Connecting..." message, without being able to see anyone in the room or progress any further.
Of all God's creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.

---Mark Twain
askeladd

Postby p-chan » Fri 03.28.2008 8:37 pm

Daisuke wrote:If you want to chat on Pandion now, you will have to re-register to Pandion.

At the login screen, you can see a "Sign Up" button at the bottom left. Click that and follow the instructions (should be easy.)

The Server is, chat.thejapanesepage.com

this helped a lot thanks..
p-chan

Postby Daisuke » Sat 03.29.2008 4:54 am

p-chan wrote:this helped a lot thanks..

No problem.

askeladd >> I am sorry, I can't think of what could be wrong then (other than you could have typed something wrong...) I sent Zengargoyle a PM with a link to your post, but he has not been online for a while... Let's hope he returns soon. Maybe he can figure out what is wrong.
Daisuke
Site Admin

Postby askeladd » Sun 03.30.2008 8:57 pm

Okay, thanks, Daisuke. I can't figure out why it doesn't work for me, either - I guess I'm just not wanted :cry: Now I'm going to go and eat some worms :wink: .

---Mark Twain
askeladd

Postby fielle » Thu 04.03.2008 8:58 pm

Is the jabber server down, or has the DNS just not updated for me yet?

Can other people get onto the old chat? Does anyone know the IP address of the new server?
fielle

Native language: English

Postby Daisuke » Fri 04.04.2008 6:22 am

No one has been able to connect the last couple of days (as far as I know,) and Zen hasn't been around to fix it.
Daisuke
Site Admin

Postby coco » Mon 04.07.2008 12:50 pm

Zen-san's blog about Chat server.
http://www.thejapanesepage.com/node/1746
coco

Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

Postby askeladd » Wed 04.09.2008 11:07 pm

Still not getting anywhere w/Pandion. Is it possible to use mIRC to chat for this group?

---Mark Twain
askeladd

Postby Oni » Thu 04.10.2008 2:12 am

Nope. Can't use mIRC.
Oni, defender of noobs. - "Have you hugged a noob lately?"
http://n-one.deviantart.com/art/RAoK-quot-Hug-a-N00B-quot-30686603
Oni

Postby phreadom » Thu 04.10.2008 7:38 am

askeladd wrote:Still not getting anywhere w/Pandion. Is it possible to use mIRC to chat for this group?

What trouble are you having with Pandion? Did you try going through the "Sign Up" process again? You'll have to do that to be able to chat again.

It's working fine for me (I'm in there right now). :)
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Postby zengargoyle » Thu 04.10.2008 1:33 pm

sorry for the pain, i've been overworked, sick, and been otherwise occupied....

Chat will work, you have to register. Eventually it will be TJP username/password just like old time. Chat is now on TJP server instead 0f IRC server. still working out details.

Register with TJP name/password, eventually it will work. :)
zengargoyle

Postby askeladd » Thu 04.10.2008 4:16 pm

phreadom wrote:What trouble are you having with Pandion? Did you try going through the "Sign Up" process again? You'll have to do that to be able to chat again.

It's working fine for me (I'm in there right now). :)

Yes, I've signed up again, re-whatever again - nichts. Pandion didn't work for me before the great change, and it hasn't worked since. I can log in, but whenever I try to enter a chat room, all I get is "Connecting......." - it never actually progresses further than that to "Connected" or whatever conversations you're supposed to see when you make it in the room.

---Mark Twain
askeladd

PreviousNext

Return to Problems