Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Stories in Japanese

Stories in Japanese

Feel free to practice writing in Japanese or romaji. Help each other out with corrections or replying back in Japanese

Stories in Japanese

Postby sparky » Tue 10.11.2005 5:27 pm

I just thought it'd be fun if we could write short paragraphs or stories or just about anything in Japanese so that others could read them and help us correct them. ^__^ We'd not only learn different things, but we'd also use what we have learned already and help each other out.

I'll start with a small story I just wrote. Semantically, it's terrible, I know. *lol* There is no lesson to be learned with my story nor is it at all interesting... Hehehe... But I'm proud of it because I wrote the entire thing myself and I can understand everything written on it. :) Please read, enjoy (well, try to) and if you can, I'd love it if anybody could correct my grammar, spelling, vocabulary, etc. Thanks!

女の子と欲しいペット

昔、若くて、頭がいい女の子がいた。あの少女はいつも動物と夢見た。どうして?きっとペットが欲しいだった。それから、ペットがいることを決めた。お金がいわなければならないから、毎日働かなければならなかった。そして、家の前の本屋に新聞を売る。あの子は『新聞だ!一番安い新聞だ!』言った。さいごの新聞を売ったから、助ェお金があった。すご~いと言ったけど、ペットの店はペットがない。だから女の子は夜に泣いた。『なぜ?』聞いた。でも、朝にはベッドの下にプレゼントがある。少女は開けて、見て、もっと泣いた: お父さんが小鳥を買った。子は『鳥を買ってくれたありがとう!』キッスして、新しい友達と遊ぶ。

終わり
sparky

RE: Stories in Japanese

Postby nprz » Tue 10.11.2005 6:27 pm

The title isn't clear to me, I think it would be better to say ペットが欲しい女の子 (the girl that wants a pet)
動物と夢見た meaning dreamt "pets"?
ペットが欲しいだった -> ペットが欲しかった。
お金がいわなければならない to you mean "have to have money"? If you want to say save money, 貯める (ためる) is a good verb.
『新聞だ!一番安い新聞だ!』言った. Same with 聞いた.
ペットの店はペットがない pets are animate creatures, so you should use いる、いない rather than ある、ない

Good work on the story, it is a great way to improve your sentence composition skills.
nprz

Postby sparky » Tue 10.11.2005 8:28 pm

Thank you so much, nprz! Not only for your praise but for your constructive criticism as well! :) I already learned a few things just by reading your post!
sparky

Postby Harisenbon » Tue 10.11.2005 10:47 pm

Also, when you use a quote, you should put と after it.
Like so,
「すごい!」と思った。
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby sparky » Fri 10.14.2005 3:46 pm

ああー、どうもありがとうございました!:D

nprz. I should've asked this earlier, but I just thought about it: is it wrong to say "動物と夢見た"? If it is, how would I say somebody "dreamt with pets" or "had a dream about pets" or anything like that?

Hehe, this was fun. I think I'll try writing some more, but with a little bit more of an interesting spark in it. :p I recommend it to others as well! ^__^
sparky

Postby nprz » Fri 10.14.2005 4:32 pm

I am not too sure because I don't have any experience writing about dreams.
Maybe: 動物の夢を見た (dreamt of animals) ペットの夢を見た (dreamt of pets).
Once again, I'm not sure, sorry.
nprz

Postby skrhgh3b » Fri 10.14.2005 4:43 pm

『子犬とオヤジの物語』

ある日、あのオヤジはあの子犬に「ギャー!!やめろー!!それはお外で!!!!」って。終わり。
♪夢も見たくない 幸せなんか要らない
恋もしたくない お金なんか要らない
ぼくに必要な眠りを眠らせておくれ♪
skrhgh3b

Postby netarou » Sat 10.15.2005 1:51 pm

つりかわ には さんかっけい と まるがた の もの が あり ます。
だれか が つかって べたべた に なってて も、まるがた なら くるくる まわして きれいな ぶぶん を つかめ ます が、さんかっけい では そう も いきません。
だから、わたし は まるい つりかわ の ほう が すき です。
netarou

Return to 日本語の練習 (Practice Japanese)