Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Ichi Rittoru No Namida

Ichi Rittoru No Namida

Discuss Japanese movies and music.

Ichi Rittoru No Namida

Postby yatrauv » Wed 04.23.2008 11:03 pm

I cried so much...what a great dorama. this was my 1st Dorama too. This is what got me seriously into learning Japanese coz i know the english subs suck. :oops: :shock: :P
Last edited by yatrauv on Fri 04.25.2008 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
yatrauv

Re: Itchi Ritoru nNo Namida

Postby chikara » Thu 04.24.2008 12:56 am

yatrauv wrote:Itchi Ritoru nNo Namida

Do you mean Ichi Rittoru no Namida, 1リットルの涙 ? :?

yatrauv wrote:... coz i know the english subs sucks ...

Do you know what irony is? :lol:
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby yatrauv » Thu 04.24.2008 11:42 am

chikara wrote:
yatrauv wrote:Itchi Ritoru nNo Namida

Do you mean Ichi Rittoru no Namida, 1リットルの涙 ? :?

yatrauv wrote:... coz i know the english subs sucks ...

Do you know what irony is? :lol:

sumimasen, that's what I meant "Ichi Rittoru no Namida" ...have you seen it? and what is the irony? :roll:
yatrauv

Postby richvh » Thu 04.24.2008 12:15 pm

Complaining about the English subs when you can't be bothered to use correct spelling, grammar or capitalization.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby yatrauv » Fri 04.25.2008 12:11 am

richvh wrote:Complaining about the English subs when you can't be bothered to use correct spelling, grammar or capitalization.

awww...that's right...hahha...so embarrassed... :oops: my bad...but anyway, It was a sad/great drama. I've seen it twice already! :mrgreen:
yatrauv

Postby Harisenbon » Fri 04.25.2008 12:32 am

yatrauv wrote:I cried so much...what a great dorama. this was my 1st Dorama too. This is what got me seriously into learning Japanese coz i know the english subs sucks. :oops: :shock: :P

Just to play devil's advocate:
How do you know the english subs are bad if you don't know Japanese?

Unless they have things like "coz I wuv you I done kilt myself" in them. :D
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby Sairana » Fri 04.25.2008 12:35 am

You might also enjoy "Beautiful Life" then. I don't want to really spoil you on the plot, but the genre is similar, dramatic comedy with plenty of tears on the side. Enough twists, too, that not everything is predictable.
Sairana

Native language: (US) English

Postby yatrauv » Fri 04.25.2008 4:48 pm

[quote="Harisenbon]
Just to play devil's advocate:
How do you know the english subs are bad if you don't know Japanese?

Unless they have things like "coz I wuv you I done kilt myself" in them. :D[/quote]

I know because; it has to be like that. I mean each language has its own nature, another language can never interpret the meaning right. Only close enough to the meaning but never right :roll: :twisted:
for example, Japanese subs in an English movie are pretty close but never right. :wink: I feel like repeating myself but i guess you got it right hahahha!!!

I'm just curious, does anyone know where Aya's grave is? Is it a place where people can go visit or is it private?

I'm watching PRIDE right now, It is good so far. :mrgreen:

D
yatrauv

Postby AJBryant » Sat 04.26.2008 3:13 pm

yatrauv wrote:I know because; it has to be like that. I mean each language has its own nature, another language can never interpret the meaning right. Only close enough to the meaning but never right

Ummm... that's not quite true. While there may be "untranslatable" concepts, that is why God gave us footnotes. No text is so culture bound that it can't be read in a translation. The original is, of course, always to be preferred, but perfectly usable translations can be made of anything.

Tony
(who happens to be a translator)
AJBryant
Site Admin

Native language: English

Re: Ichi Rittoru No Namida

Postby hamsterfreak4evr » Tue 04.29.2008 9:49 pm

this was also my first drama and i love it! (although erika sawajiri, or "aya", could be seen as the britney spears of japan hahaha)

another great drama is Taiyou no Uta, which also stars Sawajiri. I've only seen the movie version (which was INCREDIBLE), but the drama is supposed to be good as well.

definitely watch Taiyou no Uta the movie at least, though. its got an amazing soundtrack!

edit: im guessing Aya Kito's real grave is not publicized out of respect for her. my friend actually has the book of the diary in chinese haha (shes chinese) but i have a japanese friend with the japanese version.

also apparentally Haruto did not exist in real life; Aya's mom just wanted there to be a guy in her life. i think thats really sad!! (in a nonsarcastic way). i'm sure many dramatic events in the drama did not actually occur in real life; but then again i have no idea <3
hamsterfreak4evr

Native language: english

Postby becki_kanou » Tue 04.29.2008 10:31 pm

You might want to read the book. I read it a few months ago, and it was quite moving.
If you're not up to reading a whole book in Japanese yet, there's an English version available as well.
http://www.yohan.co.jp/toeic/level4.html

-Becki
そうだ、嬉しいんだ、生きる喜び!
例え胸の傷が痛んでも。
becki_kanou

Skype chat: yes_becki
Native language: U.S. English, 米語

Postby yatrauv » Mon 05.05.2008 11:49 pm

AJBryant wrote:Ummm... that's not quite true. While there may be "untranslatable" concepts, that is why God gave us footnotes. No text is so culture bound that it can't be read in a translation. The original is, of course, always to be preferred, but perfectly usable translations can be made of anything.

Tony

...well...I guess we are just not gonna agree on this subject :lol: . I'm sure that many native laguages can find idioms/phrases that English can not translate into (only so-close) or vice versa.
...Anyway, individualsm is what makes this world so interesting, rigth?!? 8) :wink:

becki_kanou wrote:You might want to read the book. I read it a few months ago, and it was quite moving.
If you're not up to reading a whole book in Japanese yet, there's an English version available as well.
http://www.yohan.co.jp/toeic/level4.html

-Becki

thanks for your site. It urges me to learn Japanese quicker for I could not understand a thing posted there :roll: :oops: (no sacarsm)

Erika Sawajiri is a Briney Spears in Japan?!? really, She does not look that....foolish !(sorry to Britney's fans) :wink:
yatrauv

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 05.06.2008 12:36 pm

yatrauv wrote:
AJBryant wrote:Ummm... that's not quite true. While there may be "untranslatable" concepts, that is why God gave us footnotes. No text is so culture bound that it can't be read in a translation. The original is, of course, always to be preferred, but perfectly usable translations can be made of anything.

Tony

...well...I guess we are just not gonna agree on this subject :lol: . I'm sure that many native laguages can find idioms/phrases that English can not translate into (only so-close) or vice versa.
...Anyway, individualsm is what makes this world so interesting, rigth?!? 8) :wink:

Unfortunately when an individual doesn't have an open mind about things, especially when it comes to translation, transliteration and interpretation, that individual is bound to experience a very sudden, abrupt and rude awakening. However, having said that, good luck to you on your journey, mayhaps the walls aren't already closed.
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby yatrauv » Wed 05.07.2008 12:57 pm

two_heads_talking wrote:
yatrauv wrote:

Tony

Unfortunately when an individual doesn't have an open mind about things, especially when it comes to translation, transliteration and interpretation, that individual is bound to experience a very sudden, abrupt and rude awakening. However, having said that, good luck to you on your journey, mayhaps the walls aren't already closed.

...wow...your words are wise...
One has to be open if they want to watch foreign movies, they are stuck with the Eng subs per se. If they cant be comfortable with that, then...well...that's tough. Learning the language is another option. :mrgreen: I am one of those people who are not satisfied with just Eng subs, I want to learn the culture, and the language that goes with it. The act of translating is beautiful, it is the best option there is in term of getting to know other cultures. Too bad humans dont have all the time in the world to learn all languages that they want so translation is essential. I have nothing against translating, I do however prefer to BE it rather than CLOSE to it. :lol: Although I accept the fact that I can not do it with every culture in the world, so that translation kicks in as an excellent aid for me when it comes to other languages that I choose not to study.
Speaking of being an open-minded... when an open-minded individual holds "translation is "IT", there is nothing that translation can not surpass" true. isnt that a bit contradicting ?!?
yatrauv

Postby mae-art » Fri 05.09.2008 1:21 am

Extremely good drama of our time. Die crying from the start. The one who translated into my language did his magnificent job. So it's perfect drama I've ever seen.

This drama is aired on Free TV in my country now. Dubbed version. :)
mae-art

Return to Japanese Movies and Music