Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Star Wars Manga in Japanese??

Star Wars Manga in Japanese??

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

Star Wars Manga in Japanese??

Postby Polcamilla » Fri 04.25.2008 12:44 am

I was hoping someone might be able to help me.

My 7 yr. old son needs to improve his Japanese reading skills so I told him he needed to read something in Japanese every day. We went to the library and he was VERY excited to find the Star Wars manga (published by Dark Horse). The title is in Japanese, but when we started looking at it, the comic itself was in English.

A quick Google search indicates that this manga (by Hisao Tamaki) was originally published in Japanese and translated back into English and published in the US by Dark Horse. I went to the Amazon Japan website and you can order the ENGLISH versions of the manga, but the Japanese version seems to be unavailable.

I'm really hoping to find the manga in Japanese as it would be perfect for my son to practice his reading! Does anyone have any good leads on where I might be able to find it?
Polcamilla

Re: Star Wars Manga in Japanese??

Postby richvh » Fri 04.25.2008 6:52 am

Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby fielle » Fri 04.25.2008 8:50 am

I'm not so sure that's the right one, rich, unless they got an American publisher for the Japanese release? The Star Wars Wiki says that the tokyopop comics are a different series than the original Japanese version (which I have in English--it is pretty excellent).
fielle

Native language: English

Postby richvh » Fri 04.25.2008 9:55 am

Looks like it's this one, but it also looks like it's out of print. There are used copies available, but finding someone who will ship overseas may be a problem.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions