Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - "Best of" TJP Friends

"Best of" TJP Friends

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

"Best of" TJP Friends

Postby Wakannai » Mon 04.07.2008 6:37 pm

mm mm Friends. Because friends are so tasty! Especially with fava beans. :P

too bad when I first noticed this, there were 3 girls. When I went back to immortalize it, the guy popped on the bottom. Ahh well.
Last edited by Wakannai on Tue 04.29.2008 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wakannai

Re: I R Easily amused

Postby Yudan Taiteki » Mon 04.07.2008 6:41 pm

I was going to make a post about the two bottom ones. First you've got that guy with the totally incomprehensible comment, then the girl above him looks like an alien, and I'm not sure what "I leave it entirely to your kind consideration" means -- perhaps her alien race was attempting to use this Earth custom of "seduction" to effect their takeover or something like that.
-Chris Kern
Yudan Taiteki

Native language: English

Postby Wakannai » Mon 04.07.2008 6:51 pm

Yudan Taiteki wrote:I was going to make a post about the two bottom ones. First you've got that guy with the totally incomprehensible comment, then the girl above him looks like an alien, and I'm not sure what "I leave it entirely to your kind consideration" means -- perhaps her alien race was attempting to use this Earth custom of "seduction" to effect their takeover or something like that.

I dunno, but maybe she should stay out of Texas just to be safe.
Wakannai

Postby chikara » Mon 04.07.2008 8:39 pm

Yudan Taiteki wrote:... I'm not sure what "I leave it entirely to your kind consideration" means ....

It sounds to me like a very formal way of ending a letter in which the writter has put a proposal to the recipient.

There was a TV advertising campaign run here some years back for a Japanese made vehicle which ended with a Japanese gentlemen saying to the camera "Please consider". "I leave it entirely to your kind consideration" sounds like a very formal way of saying "Please consider".
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby fielle » Mon 04.07.2008 9:19 pm

I think the alien-girl is this person on youtube, and I guess I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't actually the person who set up the account at friends.tjp.

But aaanyway.
fielle

Postby まったん » Tue 04.08.2008 12:29 am

fielle wrote:I think the alien-girl is this person on youtube, and I guess I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't actually the person who set up the account at friends.tjp.

Oh-ho-ho I'm sorry, but I beg to differ for the obvious. :3

The girl on youtube is like way more キモフィス・・・
まったん

Native language: 英語

Postby hyperconjugated » Fri 04.11.2008 10:19 pm

Seriously, this thread is why I come this site again and again. This _is_ it. Pure and simple.
Irgendwann fällt jede Mauer
hyperconjugated

Native language: Finnish

Postby Yudan Taiteki » Wed 04.23.2008 8:50 pm

Maybe this thread should become the "best of friends" thread:
Apparently "free style" means a toupee, sallow cheeks, and looking like you are a serial killer sizing up your next victim.
-Chris Kern
Yudan Taiteki

Postby chikara » Wed 04.23.2008 8:54 pm

Yudan Taiteki wrote:.... Apparently "free style" means a toupee, sallow cheeks, and looking like you are a serial killer sizing up your next victim.

That is one of the worse rugs I have ever seen :shock:
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby Wakannai » Thu 04.24.2008 4:47 am

chikara wrote:
Yudan Taiteki wrote:.... Apparently "free style" means a toupee, sallow cheeks, and looking like you are a serial killer sizing up your next victim.

That is one of the worse rugs I have ever seen :shock:

for every man, there is a woman somewhere that thinks he is HOT! It's all about linking the two together. Of course, sometimes the woman is blind as a bat.
Wakannai

Postby Shirasagi » Sat 04.26.2008 4:34 am

Hello everyone, my name is Mari. I love traveling, meeting people from all over the world. I also love history, especially Western Medieval history.

I have never been tempted to join the Friends, no matter how hot a picture has been. But Mari is really testing my resolve... Cute, perfect English, Western Medieval history...
Josh Reyer
------------
頓ニ纜ヲ斬テ大荒ニ入レ。
長岡桃嶺房成
Shirasagi

Postby Wakannai » Sat 04.26.2008 6:49 am

Shirasagi wrote:Image
Hello everyone, my name is Mari. I love traveling, meeting people from all over the world. I also love history, especially Western Medieval history.

I have never been tempted to join the Friends, no matter how hot a picture has been. But Mari is really testing my resolve... Cute, perfect English, Western Medieval history...

It's funny, I was going to make the exact same post. Even though a lot of the adds there deserve our mockery, she is one of the gems. Not the first, but a girl that loves Medieval history is great even for the stuck-in-the-muds that will point that medieval is a misnomer.

--Actually, I recognize her face. I think she is one of the ones that actually change her add and don't make an add and then abandon it. How about that?

I'm going to go ahead and second Chris's motion to turn this into the "Best of" Friends thread, since that's what it's turned into anyway. :D although I'm not sure about changing the title, just agreeing to the utilization after the fact. I'll see about changing the title if the demand is there.
Wakannai

Postby phreadom » Tue 04.29.2008 1:07 pm

Should we rename the thread and move it or something? I love the idea. :D

You seem to have covered all my personal favorites recently and for generally the same reasons. ;)

(I even updated my "friends" profile a few days ago.. *ahem*) ;)
Attachments
3058004.jpg
3058004.jpg (20.12 KiB) Viewed 1714 times
2781654.jpg
2781654.jpg (14.72 KiB) Viewed 1714 times
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Postby Wakannai » Tue 04.29.2008 10:52 pm

phreadom wrote:Should we rename the thread and move it or something? I love the idea. :D

You seem to have covered all my personal favorites recently and for generally the same reasons. ;)

(I even updated my "friends" profile a few days ago.. *ahem*) ;)

I went ahead and changed the name. I dunno about moving it. Technically it is part of the site, so it belongs in comments I feel.

Wow! That second picture.....the colors...the prints....oh, and the girl too, so pretty :D
Wakannai

Re: "Best of" TJP Friends

Postby Yudan Taiteki » Tue 04.29.2008 11:27 pm

By "best of" I meant "most humorous and silly", not "let's stalk the people on the friends page". :)
-Chris Kern
Yudan Taiteki

Next

Return to General off topic