Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Is English hard to learn?

Is English hard to learn?

英語を勉強している方のためのフォーラムです。練習のために英語の文章を投稿してもかまわなく、英語の文法・語彙に関する質問をしてもけっこうです。

Re: Is English hard to learn?

Postby theshredda » Fri 05.02.2008 12:55 am

richvh wrote:Do you realize just how bad you look, reviving a dead thread to flame someone about something said 6 months ago? And yes, Mike does post positive help, whether or not you notice it (or perceive it to be such.)

oh this thread is dead? it was like on the frontpage (or second) when i came across it. didn't mean to 'necropost' i didn't deep search this forum just to find a typical mike cash thread

plus i'd prefer him not to reply anyway- just want him to read it. kthx?b
OMG OMG OMG ME vs THEM SUPERAMAZING PROS
ME SO DISCRIMINATED :(
ME SO SCARED :(
ME SO FEELING HURT INSIDE *cries*
theshredda

Postby Wakannai » Fri 05.02.2008 2:26 am

How come everytime i come across a Mike Cash post it's always some sort of a rebuttal or a counter-argument?? and It's never positive!

alright, the unadulterated hypocrisy has annoyed me to the point of responding. Reading your post and the other. In case this concept has passed you by, then understand that before you complain about someone else's issues, you had better straighten your own self out first.

He also seems to think he's always right- - counter-arguing another tjp member's post sentence by sentence adding more fuel to the fire;

It's a valid forum discussion method.
and he tends to use 'big words' to make himself look smart lmao but in reality he sounds like a complete fool

And you use chat speak to sound like a complete fool, and in reality you still sound like a complete fool. Having decent communication skills is not trying to "look smart" it's being smart. Knowing the difference is apparently a skill you lack.
Did you use to get bullied at school?
Do you have friends?

Asking inflammatory questions like this just shows you for what you really are.
ps. I wouldn't be surprised if he flames this post sentence by sentence or more directly, me.
Don't bother man, you won't be getting a post-reply for you to spark more arguments. kthxb

First, If you don't want to be responded to, don't post to a forum. Second, don't ask inflammatory questions and then run away you coward. Third, don't assume the moral high-ground and then act worse than the person you criticize.
oh this thread is dead? it was like on the frontpage (or second) when i came across it. didn't mean to 'necropost' i didn't deep search this forum just to find a typical mike cash thread

plus i'd prefer him not to reply anyway- just want him to read it. kthx?b

Ok, you win the stupid award. First you don't put quotes around a word to imply that we don't know what we are talking about. Necropost is a valid English word. Second, kthx?b is an insult, WTF are you insulting a MOD idiot. kthksb is like "speak to the hand" do you have any sense of propriety at all? Talking to a mod that way?
Wakannai

Postby theshredda » Fri 05.02.2008 3:42 am

how is an abbreviation of 'ok thanks? bye' an insult?

hey and hello might as well be an insult too.'

oh hey a stupid award. hooray go me
OMG OMG OMG ME vs THEM SUPERAMAZING PROS
ME SO DISCRIMINATED :(
ME SO SCARED :(
ME SO FEELING HURT INSIDE *cries*
theshredda

Postby Wakannai » Fri 05.02.2008 4:09 am

theshredda wrote:how is an abbreviation of 'ok thanks? bye' an insult?

kthxbye comes from FPS and strategy games. It's said by the game host right before he kicks someone for being an ashat. It's also used by forum mods right before they ban someone.

You do know that in general the shorter, more abbreviated, a saying, the less polite it is right? hey is less polite than Hello, which is less polite than How are you, which is less polite than how do you do, etc... This is doubly the case with expressions of gratitude. The more you abbreviate an expression of gratitude or regret the less sincere it sounds. Abbreviate it enough and it indicates sarcasm not sincerity. Sticking Bye at the end of a sarcastic statement is equivalent to "Go away!" Even if you didn't take notice of the context kthxbye is used, you should know at least this much.
Wakannai

Postby richvh » Fri 05.02.2008 6:33 am

theshredda wrote:how is an abbreviation of 'ok thanks? bye' an insult?

oh hey a stupid award. hooray go me

You've earned your stupid award - a one day ban. Look at dates before posting something, don't post just to flame (no, that one not very helpful sentence doesn't make up for the rest of the post.) If you wanted Mike to read something, next time, send him a PM.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby Oni » Fri 05.02.2008 2:08 pm

Locked: Unproductive, necroposting, flaming...
Oni, defender of noobs. - "Have you hugged a noob lately?"
http://n-one.deviantart.com/art/RAoK-quot-Hug-a-N00B-quot-30686603
Oni

Postby Daisuke » Sat 05.03.2008 11:49 am

Unlocked...
Daisuke
Site Admin

Postby two_heads_talking » Mon 05.05.2008 11:18 am

AJBryant wrote:Maybe we should start considering some more proactive response to necroposting, Rich.

Tony

Perhaps a consideration of whether or not the necroposter had anything to offer. If it's a flame or adds nothing, just delete it and PM the offender with a warning. Honest mistakes happen and many of us have had that "brain fart" moment where we posted up something that was buried without noticing the date on the last post.

Just a thought
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby AJBryant » Mon 05.05.2008 5:10 pm

two_heads_talking wrote:Perhaps a consideration of whether or not the necroposter had anything to offer. If it's a flame or adds nothing, just delete it and PM the offender with a warning. Honest mistakes happen and many of us have had that "brain fart" moment where we posted up something that was buried without noticing the date on the last post.

In general, that's a good idea -- but it loses the potential for public humiliation of miscreants. ;)

Tony
AJBryant
Site Admin

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 05.06.2008 8:51 am

AJBryant wrote:
two_heads_talking wrote:Perhaps a consideration of whether or not the necroposter had anything to offer. If it's a flame or adds nothing, just delete it and PM the offender with a warning. Honest mistakes happen and many of us have had that "brain fart" moment where we posted up something that was buried without noticing the date on the last post.

In general, that's a good idea -- but it loses the potential for public humiliation of miscreants. ;)

Tony

if you want public humiliation of dingalings, just have a "humiliation" forum, where those that don't follow the rules are posted up for everyone to see what happens when you don't follow or don't read the rules before posting. :twisted: :twisted:
two_heads_talking

Previous

Return to 英語の練習