Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - 冗談

冗談

Feel free to practice writing in Japanese or romaji. Help each other out with corrections or replying back in Japanese

RE: 冗談

Postby nprz » Wed 10.12.2005 3:51 pm

:)
Now that makes me wonder where in 中国 my friend went on vacation.
This was her message: 今日から中国に旅行に行ってきます!!
It would make me laugh if it was just 中国地方
nprz

Postby Gaijinian » Wed 10.12.2005 8:56 pm

Golgo-13 wrote:
Here's another one:

A: こんどの 旅行 は 中国 へいきます
B: どこ? 北京 (ぺきん)? 上海 (しゃんはい)?
A: いいえ, 岡山.
B: なんだ, 中国地方 か . . .

:D:D:D:D:DB)B)B)B)B):):):)
FUNNY!
The harder they come, the harder they fall, one and all.
---
yawr.org
Gaijinian

Postby Harisenbon » Wed 10.12.2005 10:32 pm

Golgo-13 wrote:
Schattenjedi wrote:
Did you even read what Golgo replied to? It was nprz who nit-picked the Japanese of a Japanese person. I think your authority on this board is going to your head, spaz.

ご協力, 誠に 有り難うございます !!!!!!

Although I agree with Golgo in that the nitpick was unnecessary, I do not agree with his response. Even Japanese people are fallable in their their language, just as English speakers are fallable in theirs. My use and spelling of fallable would be a good example. *grin*

Just because someone is Japanese does not give them the right to yell at someone for offering suggestions or asking questions. We're all working here to improve our own Japanese skills, or help other to improve theirs. All suggestions should be open, and responded to in an adult manner. Besides, by looking at someone's handle, it's impossible to tell what nationality someone is. All comments should be open.

For example, while I agree that Golgo's grammar is used in daily conversation, as written Japanese, it is hard to read. If it was to be grammatically correct, you would need a は. A comma would also work, as it would break up two separate clauses.
Q: きみの アメリカ の アパートどのぐらいの 広さ?

It kind of reminds me of the sign on the American Pavilion at the Aichi World Expo.
Welcome to our American Pavilion Visitors

Definately need a comma there. :D
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby nprz » Wed 10.12.2005 11:25 pm

Harisenbon wrote:
It kind of reminds me of the sign on the American Pavilion at the Aichi World Expo.
Welcome to our American Pavilion Visitors

Definately need a comma there. :D

I apologize for the nitpick. Someone seemed confused by his joke and I was trying to explain it, but got carried away.

Do you need a comma in there or are you making a joke? Putting a comma after American would be funny :D
nprz

Postby Spaztick » Thu 10.13.2005 2:52 pm

Thanks for the response Harisenbon. It wasn't just here though that I was pointing out, Golgo seems to have a tendancy to want to bash us in a few other boards also. I'm ok with pointing out mistakes, I don't tolerate a lot of sarcasm or put-downs on this board. I want this site to not become like a lot of other forums and blogs out there where every other post is an offense. Not that this board is perfect, but it's (hopefully!) nowhere close to that.
XD At this sig.
Number of people that have: 13
SaiaiKenja
Daisuke
Kodi
dreamingxashley
redfoxer
ben
Elumi
LordDisa
Kates
AaRoN
Rezeyu
Hideiko_san
roosh
ParanoiaK3
Spaztick

Postby Spaztick » Sat 10.15.2005 2:42 pm

I agree. You're banned.
XD At this sig.
SaiaiKenja
Daisuke
Kodi
dreamingxashley
redfoxer
ben
Elumi
LordDisa
Kates
AaRoN
Rezeyu
Hideiko_san
roosh
ParanoiaK3
Spaztick

Postby Infidel » Sat 10.15.2005 4:44 pm

どーん
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby Schattenjedi » Sun 10.16.2005 7:05 pm

Why did you have to edit his post, Spaztick? It would be nice to see why this member who has made a considerable contribution to this forum has been banned. Basic democratic principles...
Schattenjedi

Postby nprz » Sun 10.16.2005 8:31 pm

I'm sure it was just swearing like the f-word. Cursing can be censored by the people running this site. This site is not a democracy unless you are paying to keep it running (and have an understanding that you have a say).

-edit- Also, there is no reason to lose your cool on the Internet. It is just a website, why get emotional about what someone says or thinks?
Last edited by nprz on Sun 10.16.2005 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nprz

Postby Spaztick » Tue 10.18.2005 1:15 pm

Yea, I banned him for cursing/censor bypassing (the forum does pick up those words and replaces them with !@#$%^&*'s and what not).

I had the idea that it would be better to be harsh to the violaters up front, and that weeds out the people who enjoy skirting the rules. I'll try to be less harsh from now on, maybe a temporary ban, or a warning and then a ban.
XD At this sig.
SaiaiKenja
Daisuke
Kodi
dreamingxashley
redfoxer
ben
Elumi
LordDisa
Kates
AaRoN