Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Advanced japanese grammar

Advanced japanese grammar

Feel free to practice writing in Japanese or romaji. Help each other out with corrections or replying back in Japanese

Advanced japanese grammar

Postby tk101 » Wed 10.12.2005 5:38 pm

i'm to the point where i have done alot of japanese grammar on the net and in books. i have searched the web for Adv. japanese grammar, but have found none!
all i have found were stuff for begineers and a few stuff on the intermediate level. i think there should be a study group for advanced japanese students, for people who want to study japanese at the conversational level or some something similar to that. I would be happy to start a group but... i don't know later(adv) grammar. i was wondering if someone can do something about this...and i would like to know how others feel about this...

plus...i need study advanced grammar for the up coming SAT subject test.
tk101

RE: Advanced japanese grammar

Postby aoeuaoeuaoeu » Wed 10.12.2005 6:27 pm

I'm pretty much in the same situation as you... I read daily jgram grammars lessons (I receive by email one lesson of each lvl 2-3 JLPT). The best practice I discovered so far is chatting... I made some friends on MSN and Skype and I'm seeing improvements (especially in more casual Japanese).
aoeuaoeuaoeu

Postby Infidel » Wed 10.12.2005 10:13 pm

advance grammar is found in Japanese stores. I.e. they are Japanese-Japanese grammar books.
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby Harisenbon » Wed 10.12.2005 10:15 pm

The best way to study advanced grammar is to pick up books for the JLPT. At advanced levels, grammar stops being grammar and more of words and how to use them. There's less of "this is how you conjugate a verb" and more of "this is how this particular clause is used in speech."

I recommend the Unicom books for 2級 and 一級, which you can purchase on this iste.
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby Justin » Wed 10.12.2005 10:19 pm

You just gotta know where to look...

http://ws.31rsm.ne.jp/~toolware/dictionary/dictionary.html

There's not much for "advance" stuff if you're only looking on the English side of things, really need to search on the Japanese side, you'll find some good resources if you do that.
Justin

Postby tk101 » Thu 10.13.2005 6:13 pm

fuasu- how did you get japanese people to speak it with you? i tried but luck out...
can you tell me how (where) you found other you can speak japanese... i tried Skype.. it works but i only found people who spoke very little english.( i'm not to the point where i can simply speak conversational japanese) most of the time they dont understand what i am saying and i mostly can't understand there accents

and i know that books are the best but i broken and can't go out and buy new books. besides i'm relatively cheap about these things

oh yeah that link is very helpful... thanks justin for "opening" my eyes to other sides of the web.
as far as grammar and kanji... my biggest problem is remebering the kun and on for the kanji plus how the kanji looks. any suggestions?

are there any places where i can hear japanese on both the intermedaite and advanced level? thanks
tk101

Postby tk101 » Thu 10.13.2005 6:18 pm

fuasu- how did you get japanese people to speak it with you? i tried but luck out...
can you tell me how (where) you found other you can speak japanese... i tried Skype.. it works but i only found people who spoke very little english.( i'm not to the point where i can simply speak conversational japanese) most of the time they dont understand what i am saying and i mostly can't understand there accents( does this happen to anyone?)

and i know that books are the best but i broken and can't go out and buy new books. besides i'm relatively cheap about these things

oh yeah that link is very helpful... thanks justin for "opening" my eyes to other sides of the web.
as far as grammar and kanji... my biggest problem is remebering the kun and on for the kanji plus how the kanji looks. any suggestions?

are there any places where i can hear japanese on both the intermedaite and advanced level? thanks

should we form like a conversational group to practice japanese speech
tk101

Postby Justin » Thu 10.13.2005 6:29 pm

If you're looking for some listening practise, here's a few link that might be of some interest...

http://lrc.cornell.edu/medialib/ja/yk3
http://opal.ecis.nagoya-u.ac.jp/~jems/hosokyoku/bangumi.html

When you get more into the advance side of things you might also want to take a gander at the news too...

http://www.nnn24.com/index.html
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/stream/index.htm#michinoku

Hope that helps.
Justin

Postby Rezeyu » Thu 10.13.2005 6:31 pm

Why not simply find people on this site to converse with? I'm sure theres many who can speak better htan you, to improve your skill. Or i could be way off.. hmm..
Rezeyu

Postby tk101 » Sun 10.16.2005 10:11 pm

thats true but how can i find them? do i just make another thread?

anyone ideas
tk101

Postby Luthien Rogue » Mon 10.17.2005 1:21 am

tk101, I found that this site: http://www.japan-guide.com/local/?aCAT=3 is a great way to find language exchange partners. Look through there and see if you can find someone, and if not, post an ad. I was actually contacted a few times about doing conversational exchange over the mic but I'm not able to do that right now. If you can't find anyone, I have a friend in Japan who is learning English (it's pretty good right now), and wants to chat with someone from America. He can read and write English but wants to learn how to speak it properly. =)
Luthien Rogue

Postby tk101 » Tue 10.18.2005 4:59 pm

interesting. Luthien Rogue...
thanks for the link... would it be possible that your japanese friend and i can chat together( with you... if you would like to )
thanks again
tk101

Postby skrhgh3b » Wed 10.19.2005 5:35 pm

try to find japanese in your area. believe it or not, they're probably there. i never noticed it before, but once i became serious about studying the language, i began to notice that the world is teeming with japanese lol

on the other hand, if you're meeting japanese abroad, they probably speak better english than you do japanese, and you might not have much to offer them because of that. finding someone who speaks at roughly the same level as yourself is a more rewarding experience, i think, because you can give and take.
♪夢も見たくない 幸せなんか要らない
恋もしたくない お金なんか要らない
ぼくに必要な眠りを眠らせておくれ♪
skrhgh3b

Postby Gaijinian » Sat 10.22.2005 12:30 pm

http://web.uvic.ca/hrd/japanese/listen/

Do you really consider yourself advanced?
How can you not no "da" and be advanced (from your previous thread).

I must be sounding pretty harsh, but when "we" think of advanced, we think about JLPT ik-kyuu or ni-kyuu... Which means ability to read at least 1,000 kanji...

I don't intend on offending you, but maybe you should look over some "intermediate" material.

日本語のべんきょう、がんばっていてください!;)
おうえんしますね!:DB)
Last edited by Gaijinian on Sat 10.22.2005 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The harder they come, the harder they fall, one and all.
---
yawr.org
Gaijinian

Postby tk101 » Sat 10.22.2005 12:46 pm

i never said i was an advanced japanese student.
i said i wanted to get into advanced japanese grammar becuase i pretty much covered most intermediate level grammar. I never covered "da" before so i guess i would not know what i would mean...

i would like to be and advanced japanese student,,, so i can finally beable to speak a different language....:)
tk101

Next

Return to 日本語の練習 (Practice Japanese)