Stories in Japanese

Feel free to practice writing in Japanese or romaji. Help each other out with corrections or replying back in Japanese
sparky

Stories in Japanese

Post by sparky » Tue 10.11.2005 5:27 pm

I just thought it'd be fun if we could write short paragraphs or stories or just about anything in Japanese so that others could read them and help us correct them. ^__^ We'd not only learn different things, but we'd also use what we have learned already and help each other out.

I'll start with a small story I just wrote. Semantically, it's terrible, I know. *lol* There is no lesson to be learned with my story nor is it at all interesting... Hehehe... But I'm proud of it because I wrote the entire thing myself and I can understand everything written on it. :) Please read, enjoy (well, try to) and if you can, I'd love it if anybody could correct my grammar, spelling, vocabulary, etc. Thanks!

女の子と欲しいペット

昔、若くて、頭がいい女の子がいた。あの少女はいつも動物と夢見た。どうして?きっとペットが欲しいだった。それから、ペットがいることを決めた。お金がいわなければならないから、毎日働かなければならなかった。そして、家の前の本屋に新聞を売る。あの子は『新聞だ!一番安い新聞だ!』言った。さいごの新聞を売ったから、助ェお金があった。すご~いと言ったけど、ペットの店はペットがない。だから女の子は夜に泣いた。『なぜ?』聞いた。でも、朝にはベッドの下にプレゼントがある。少女は開けて、見て、もっと泣いた: お父さんが小鳥を買った。子は『鳥を買ってくれたありがとう!』キッスして、新しい友達と遊ぶ。

終わり

nprz

RE: Stories in Japanese

Post by nprz » Tue 10.11.2005 6:27 pm

The title isn't clear to me, I think it would be better to say ペットが欲しい女の子 (the girl that wants a pet)
動物と夢見た meaning dreamt "pets"?
ペットが欲しいだった -> ペットが欲しかった。
お金がいわなければならない to you mean "have to have money"? If you want to say save money, 貯める (ためる) is a good verb.
『新聞だ!一番安い新聞だ!』言った. Same with 聞いた.
ペットの店はペットがない pets are animate creatures, so you should use いる、いない rather than ある、ない

Good work on the story, it is a great way to improve your sentence composition skills.

sparky

Post by sparky » Tue 10.11.2005 8:28 pm

Thank you so much, nprz! Not only for your praise but for your constructive criticism as well! :) I already learned a few things just by reading your post!

Harisenbon
Native language: (poor) English

Post by Harisenbon » Tue 10.11.2005 10:47 pm

Also, when you use a quote, you should put と after it.
Like so,
「すごい!」と思った。
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com

sparky

Post by sparky » Fri 10.14.2005 3:46 pm

ああー、どうもありがとうございました!:D

nprz. I should've asked this earlier, but I just thought about it: is it wrong to say "動物と夢見た"? If it is, how would I say somebody "dreamt with pets" or "had a dream about pets" or anything like that?

Hehe, this was fun. I think I'll try writing some more, but with a little bit more of an interesting spark in it. :p I recommend it to others as well! ^__^

nprz

Post by nprz » Fri 10.14.2005 4:32 pm

I am not too sure because I don't have any experience writing about dreams.
Maybe: 動物の夢を見た (dreamt of animals) ペットの夢を見た (dreamt of pets).
Once again, I'm not sure, sorry.

skrhgh3b

Post by skrhgh3b » Fri 10.14.2005 4:43 pm

『子犬とオヤジの物語』

ある日、あのオヤジはあの子犬に「ギャー!!やめろー!!それはお外で!!!!」って。終わり。
♪夢も見たくない 幸せなんか要らない
恋もしたくない お金なんか要らない
ぼくに必要な眠りを眠らせておくれ♪

netarou

Post by netarou » Sat 10.15.2005 1:51 pm

つりかわ には さんかっけい と まるがた の もの が あり ます。
だれか が つかって べたべた に なってて も、まるがた なら くるくる まわして きれいな ぶぶん を つかめ ます が、さんかっけい では そう も いきません。
だから、わたし は まるい つりかわ の ほう が すき です。