Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Memories of the Future

Memories of the Future

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

Memories of the Future

Postby lennart2707 » Thu 05.22.2008 6:43 pm

Hey there,
I'm a photographer and just returned from a trip to Japan, have a look at the pictures if you're interested:
http://www.lennartmaschmeyer.com
Greetings,
Lennart
lennart2707

Re: Memories of the Future

Postby Harisenbon » Thu 05.22.2008 8:08 pm

Very nice work.

My favorite is the one of the train conductor, as well as the girl with the keitai. =)

Did you enjoy Tokyo?
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby two_heads_talking » Fri 05.23.2008 8:24 am

I have to admit, I like the picture of the old man taking a picture of you taking a picture of him.

I also like the 3 "construction workers" or is that chimpira using the cross walk.
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby lennart2707 » Fri 05.23.2008 5:35 pm

hey, thanks! The old man is actually taking a picture of the other old man whose head is missing. He was so concentrated, I dont think he spotted me at all.
I enjoyed Japan and Tokyo a lot. Also went to Hokkaido and Kyoto, but Tokyo left the strongest imprint on me. I felt very foreign.
Lennart
lennart2707

Postby becki_kanou » Fri 05.23.2008 10:16 pm

Thanks for posting these pictures. They're really excellent.
I think my favorite was the 3 happy construction workers crossing the street, but the picture of the escalator was very good too.

(A small thread-jack- The escalator picture reminded me of my recent trip to Tokyo; when I went there the escalators mixed me up to no end. In Kansai we always stand on the right and walk on the left, but it's the opposite in Tokyo, so I was always standing on the wrong side.)
そうだ、嬉しいんだ、生きる喜び!
例え胸の傷が痛んでも。
becki_kanou

Skype chat: yes_becki
Native language: U.S. English, 米語

Postby Harisenbon » Fri 05.23.2008 11:25 pm

two_heads_talking wrote:II also like the 3 "construction workers" or is that chimpira using the cross walk.

Those are construction workers. Chinpira look much different (although there are sometimes overlaps) :D
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby Wakannai » Sat 05.24.2008 12:24 am

You know, this thread title struck me as very John2ish. I had to double check the poster's name.

Actually, thanks for the pics.
Wakannai

Postby john2 » Sat 05.24.2008 9:33 am

Wakannai wrote:You know, this thread title struck me as very John2ish. I had to double check the poster's name.

Actually, thanks for the pics.

Yay I feal so complimented! ^^( I feal so honored and famous!
john2

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 05.27.2008 2:30 pm

lennart2707 wrote:hey, thanks! The old man is actually taking a picture of the other old man whose head is missing. He was so concentrated, I dont think he spotted me at all.
I enjoyed Japan and Tokyo a lot. Also went to Hokkaido and Kyoto, but Tokyo left the strongest imprint on me. I felt very foreign.
Lennart

I was hoping for a few pictures of Tohoku in there.. Aomori, Sakata (port town), Sendai, Oodate, Aizuwakamatsu, Koriyama, for nastalgic reasons. But those were very nicely done ...

Harisenbon wrote:
two_heads_talking wrote:II also like the 3 "construction workers" or is that chimpira using the cross walk.

Those are construction workers. Chinpira look much different (although there are sometimes overlaps) :D

In the area of Japan I am most experienced in, they were one in the same. lol, thus the reason why the picture was so impactive to me. :lol: :shock:
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby lennart2707 » Tue 05.27.2008 3:48 pm

I wish I had traveled around more in Japan, but its just too expensive, in Tokyo I could stay for free.
Thanks for everybodys comments
lennart2707

Return to General off topic