Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - 母語は?what´s your mother tongue?

母語は?what´s your mother tongue?

英語を勉強している方のためのフォーラムです。練習のために英語の文章を投稿してもかまわなく、英語の文法・語彙に関する質問をしてもけっこうです。

Re: RE: 母語は?what´s your mother tongue?

Postby Koara » Sat 03.29.2008 3:03 pm

little blue smurfgirl wrote:I'm Dutch and I'm fine with learning Japanese with English explanations etc., but sometimes it just takes me a bit longer to understand it (even while I don't need to use a dictionary very often).

Bit offtopic:
leergierig wrote:
My mother tongue is Afrikaans.

Do you really say "Afrikaans" in English, because this is the same way you'd say/write it in Dutch (just sounds really weird to me, I'm not saying it's written the wrong way or something). I was also really surprised how much Afrikaans(?) looks like Dutch when I red your signature (Traai toe raait Iengliesj joezieng Afrikaans vounettieks. Iets diffiekult. Prubeer om Ahfrikahns ta skrayf mett Engulsa funeetica. Diss muilik.), I understood it all!

Yeah! It's very alike with dutch, it's caus' dutch went to their contry at a times, and so the african language have been influented in this way! (sorry for my unperfect english) (a beautiful african language is swahili, but stil hard, I really prefer japonese. I know a few words of hawaïan too, like "vahiné" that means "woman".
Koara

Native language: French ~ フランス語

Re: 母語は?what´s your mother tongue?

Postby Koara » Sat 03.29.2008 3:08 pm

Adriano wrote:なるほどRizaさん!
In some old 番組s I´ve saw how hard it´s to another people says only "hajimemashite"..
Our pronunciation is very similar to the japanese, except for the ふ and つ.
Ainda bem! :roll:

Same for french and other french speaker (like belg, Switzerland etc), we really have adventage too with the prunonciation, but for english speaker is very difficult, 'caus they have serveral accent for every consonant and voyels, so it make it harder...!
Koara

Native language: French ~ フランス語

Postby emreduman » Mon 04.14.2008 9:43 pm

トルコ語です
emreduman

Postby Hardi_E » Wed 04.16.2008 6:43 am

エストニアご (Estonian Language)
Even though I have found some Estonian websites to learn Japanese, they aren't so good. So I have to use English ones. I saw also a Estonian - Japanese dictionary in book store, but I didn't bought it. It didn't look so good.

I think it would be much better to learn from Estonian books. Since there might be words that are better to translate to Estonian. Though there might be also some that that are easier to translate to English. And by translating to English first there are probably big loss too.. Yet I have managed to think in English. In my improper English probably.

Anyway it seems Japanese is kinda popular amongst of Estonian language learners. Someone told me that it's most popular after Russian German and English.. Maybe French is also more popular.. or same popular. I don't know that. Russian have every one to learn in middle school. Yet I can only understand very little Russian. I had also to learn Germans but that I can understand even less. I haven't learned English, but it's the one of my foreign language I can understand best. English did teach it self to me.
Hardi_E

Native language: エストニアご

Postby まったん » Mon 04.21.2008 2:00 am

Koara wrote:For English speakers its very difficult, 'cause they have several accents for every consonant and vowel, so it makes it harder...!

I never noticed this :3

英語ですッ★
まったん

Native language: 英語

Postby Kamwah » Sat 05.10.2008 9:48 am

My mother tongue is Cantonese. It is a dialect of Chinese used in southern China (i.e. Guangdong province, Hong Kong and Macau). So Kanji is quite easy for me because the kanji is come from my language.
Kamwah

Native language: Chinese (Cantonese)

Postby Kudo Masaki » Sat 05.17.2008 11:03 pm

英語 ^^
Kudo Masaki

Postby Koma-ko » Fri 05.23.2008 10:58 am

(OwO)<日本語ですよー :twisted:

Hi, nice to see you.
I found this site 'Japanese Forum', so, now I'm here(OwO/:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆

Maybe, same with you who want to learn japanese, i'd love to learn English. So, i'm so glad if someone will help me(>w<*
Koma-ko

Postby AJBryant » Fri 05.23.2008 2:54 pm

Well, a good start is to not hijack threads.

Sigh.

Read the FAQ and the "Before you post" rules.

Man, why do we have to tell people this stuff??

Tony
AJBryant
Site Admin

Native language: English

Postby two_heads_talking » Fri 05.23.2008 3:55 pm

AJBryant wrote:Well, a good start is to not hijack threads.

Sigh.

Read the FAQ and the "Before you post" rules.

Man, why do we have to tell people this stuff??

Tony

because you moderator types won't break down and require the first 2 or 3 posts to go through a screening process.
two_heads_talking

Postby AJBryant » Fri 05.23.2008 6:28 pm

Don't blame me. :)

Tony
AJBryant
Site Admin

Postby Hyperworm » Sat 05.24.2008 7:30 am

It wasn't that much of a thread hijack IMO ... the topic's question was answered (日本語ですよー), and the rest could be taken as just a small self-introduction ._. I don't see anything wrong with putting off-topic comments in your post as long as some of it is on-topic and you don't ask questions which derail the thread, which I don't think has been done here (it's not like they asked "hey, can anyone in this thread help me learn English?")...

...and just so I'm on-topic, mine is British English.

[edit: rephrased the first sentence so it isn't a question anymore xD]
fun translation snippets | need something translated?
BTC@1KMZXgoWiDshQis5Z7feCx8jaiP4QAB2ks
Hyperworm

Postby Koma-ko » Sat 05.24.2008 9:44 am

Hyperworm wrote:It wasn't that much of a thread hijack IMO ... the topic's question was answered (日本語ですよー), and the rest could be taken as just a small self-introduction ._. I don't see anything wrong with putting off-topic comments in your post as long as some of it is on-topic and you don't ask questions which derail the thread, which I don't think has been done here (it's not like they asked "hey, can anyone in this thread help me learn English?")...

...and just so I'm on-topic, mine is British English.

[edit: rephrased the first sentence so it isn't a question anymore xD]

Ah...thank you for your supporting :oops:

Our dearest Mister moderators warned against me? I haven't noticed, sorry for off topic, moderators.
But it is more pleasant for me to blame me by name.

Sorry again, off topic.
Koma-ko

Postby richvh » Sat 05.24.2008 10:15 am

Might I suggest posting a thread in the Introductions section? Tell us more of yourself, and what kind of penpal you're looking for; since there are a lot more English speakers here looking for Japanese to correspond with than vice versa, you can pick and choose.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby Koma-ko » Sat 05.24.2008 2:37 pm

richvh wrote:Might I suggest posting a thread in the Introductions section? Tell us more of yourself, and what kind of penpal you're looking for; since there are a lot more English speakers here looking for Japanese to correspond with than vice versa, you can pick and choose.

ah, thank you for suggestion.
well, i didn't have intention to say "Hey, someone, please teach me English!" but i can understand it seems my post is useless introduction of myself thingy. i'm so sorry.

and thanx again your tender suggestion.
Koma-ko

PreviousNext

Return to 英語の練習