Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Let's practice Japanese in hiragana.

Let's practice Japanese in hiragana.

Feel free to practice writing in Japanese or romaji. Help each other out with corrections or replying back in Japanese

Let's practice Japanese in hiragana.

Postby Hardi_E » Thu 05.29.2008 5:19 am

Everyone is welcome to practice Japanese in hiragana here. U can write anything u like, the only restraint(beside of those of forum rules) is that the post must contain some Japanese. And no kanji is allowed. Separating words ,is also appreciated. :)

Okay here's mine.
ぼく は いんぬ の えさ を たべまして、 それ が おいし ありません でした。
わたし は にんじん を たべる の が すき です。
おれ は にんじん を たべる の が すき よ。
わたし は たこやき を たべたい。 (I would like to eat takoyaki.)
すし を たべて ください。 Please have some sushi.
すし を たべましょう。 I would like you to have some sushi. :?:
ねこ を たべなさい! この ばかやろう。eat cat! you idiot. (this is bullying )

By The Way. It isn't like I'm only thinking about food.
なまけて ないで、 さっさと にほんご を れんして ください。
かんじ は きんし です。

じつは (BTW) おかわり(second). the word きんし I learned from アリア Anime. There, Aika's favorite phrase was ずかしい せりふ きんし。 But since there wasn't a single particle used. I even don't know, if it's verb here or a noun. I'm not sure of the best way to use this word, would it sound better as noun or verb.. There's big difference isn't. I thought it's safer to use it as noun.
Last edited by Hardi_E on Thu 05.29.2008 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hardi_E

Native language: エストニアご

Re: Let's practice Japabese in hiragana.

Postby Yudan Taiteki » Thu 05.29.2008 7:37 am

The particles are no help in determining noun vs. verb in this case; きんし is a noun, but it can be a verb if you add する to it.

(Or at least it is in Japanese; not sure about Japabese. :) )
-Chris Kern
Yudan Taiteki

Native language: English

Postby richvh » Thu 05.29.2008 8:11 am

ぼく は いんぬ の えさ を たべまして、 それ が おいし ありません でした

いぬ、おいしくありませんでした
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Re: Let's practice Japanese in hiragana.

Postby becki_kanou » Thu 05.29.2008 10:21 am

Hardi_E wrote:Everyone is welcome to practice Japanese in hiragana here. U can write anything u like, the only restraint(beside of those of forum rules) is that the post must contain some Japanese. And no kanji is allowed. Separating words ,is also appreciated. :)

Okay here are some corrections for you in orange!

Okay here's mine.
ぼく は いぬ の えさ を たべまして、 それ が おいし ありません でした。
わたし は にんじん を たべる の が すき です。
おれ は にんじん を たべる の が すき よ。The bare よ doesn't match with おれ
わたし は たこやき を たべたい。 (I would like to eat takoyaki.)
すし を たべて ください。 Please have some sushi.
すし を たべましょう。 The English would be "Let's have/eat sushi".
ねこ を たべなさい! この ばかやろう。Eat cat! you idiot. (this is bullying )
Again, the tone doesn't match なさい is a command but it's a rather mother-ish or teacher-ish style of command and the ばかやろう is unnecessarily harsh. Probably best to avoid this kind of "fightin' words"

By The Way. It isn't like I'm only thinking about food.
なまけて ないで、 さっさと にほんご を れんしゅう して ください。
Good to see you are using the new vocabulary right away, but you should be awareさっさと is quite harsh, and not appropriate to use to others here.
かんじ は きんし です。

じつは (BTW) ちなみに is a better translation for "by the way"

おかわり(second).Maybe you are always thinking of food. :lol: おかわり means a second helping of food, not the second in a series. for that meaning you should use その に or ふたつめ
そうだ、嬉しいんだ、生きる喜び!
例え胸の傷が痛んでも。
becki_kanou

Skype chat: yes_becki
Native language: U.S. English, 米語

Postby Hardi_E » Thu 05.29.2008 12:32 pm

Yudan Taiteki wrote:The particles are no help in determining noun vs. verb in this case; きんし is a noun, but it can be a verb if you add する to it.

(Or at least it is in Japanese; not sure about Japabese. :) )
Thank you. Typo fixed.

Particle を is good to determine verbs. But it's good only in writing. It's good because を is only used for that particle, therefore even when Japanese don't separate words with spaces. I still can determine at least some verbs, from those rows of hiragana. Of course, it's different with kanji.

ちなみに、 これ は おもしろい せりふ。 (BTW this is a interesting line) A Japanese friend showed me it once, I couldn't fully understand it until he told what it means, because there's no kanji or spaces ははははは,ははのははははははとわらった。

Wow! becki_kanou, this almost reminds me, those Estonian essays that I had to write in school, when I was a kid. Even though those where all red and more red, not orange like Ukrainian revolution. It was still awkward to receive also this corrected work. :)
Estonian is my native language by the way.

The first sentence was supposed to be correct, but I don't know how I still got it wrong. I did really think to write おいしく but I got confused while in action and wrote it wrong.

I thought that よ doesn't mach with polite language, but it would match with おれ.
Because it looks like my Japanese friend with whom I practiced, thought that it's okay.
This is the sentence I made: おれ も にゅうす を みた、 でも みにでかけませんでした。
And these are two choices of corrected lines I got from him.
おれ も にゅうす を みた、 でも きにかけなかった よ。
わたし も にゅうす を みました、 でも きにかけません でした。

I think people shouldn't get upset for my harsh language. It's for sake of learning. It is my desire to learn every aspect of Japanese, not just polite one. I don't have to rush with learning either, I have enough time to learn it, since I plan to live really really old. So it's very important to me to get know, if I'm too harsh or too cold or nice(that seldom happens too) or anything. :wink:
Hardi_E

Postby richvh » Thu 05.29.2008 12:59 pm

おれ も にゅうす を みた でも きにかけなかった
わたし も にゅうす を みました でも きにかけません でした。

おれもニュースをみた。でも、きにかけなかったぞ。
ぼくもニュースをみた。でも、きにかけなかったよ。
ぼくもニュースをみました。でも、きにかけませんでしたよ。

ぞ fits better with the forcefulness of おれ. よ can be used with polite speech with no problem. でも only means "but" at the beginning of a sentence. (If you want to join to clauses in a single sentence with a "but", use が or けど before the comma.) ニュース (news) is a loanword from English, so should be in katakana.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby Yudan Taiteki » Thu 05.29.2008 1:19 pm

The problem is that すきよ is feminine; すきだよ is preferred in masculine speech. おれ and すきよ are not compatible.
-Chris Kern
Yudan Taiteki

Native language: English

Postby becki_kanou » Thu 05.29.2008 8:29 pm

Yudan Taiteki wrote:The problem is that すきよ is feminine; すきだよ is preferred in masculine speech. おれ and すきよ are not compatible.

Of course, that's what I meant to say of course. I should have explained more...

Hardi_E -- How about green next time? :wink:
そうだ、嬉しいんだ、生きる喜び!
例え胸の傷が痛んでも。
becki_kanou

Postby Hardi_E » Fri 05.30.2008 4:55 am

becki_kanou wrote:なまけて ないで、 さっさと にほんご を れんしゅう して ください。
Good to see you are using the new vocabulary right away, but you should be awareさっさと is quite harsh, and not appropriate to use to others here.
れんしゅう して is actually one word れんしゅうして right?

I like ....でよ. I don't know, but I feel that, if I use both おれ and ぞ or ぜ, then it might be too masculine already.
おれ is something I should use only beside friends and maybe when I don't want others to take me too lightly, I think. ぼく is more modest. I guess I still can use ぼく even though I'm not a kid. First I understood that it's something only kids use, but seems that's actually not quite right.

becki_kanou -- I like all colors, I did already overcome of that awkwardness, that I got from that orange color.. I can't be picky about colors anyway, because those were my own bugs that discouraged me not the color, but I think green might match with forum theme better. :)

では、 れんしゅう を つづけています。

わたし は きのう に じてんしゃりょこう を いきまして が、 それ は おいしく ありました。 (I did went cycling yesterday, it did feel really good.) Now it might already, really look like I only think about food, because おいしい is used for food, but I didn't know any better way to express "it did feel good". I think いい wont fit there well even though I learned now to conjugate it into よかった and よくない.
Hardi_E

Postby becki_kanou » Fri 05.30.2008 8:00 am

Hardi_E wrote:れんしゅう して is actually one word れんしゅうして right?

Nope, two words: 練習 (れんしゅう) and して (the て form of する). There are a lot of verbs that follow this pattern of Chinese compound + する
For example: 心配(しんぱい)する : worry, 勉強(べんきょう)する : study etc.

I like ....でよ. I don't know, but I feel that, if I use both おれ and ぞ or ぜ, then it might be too masculine already. おれ is something I should use only beside friends and maybe when I don't want others to take me too lightly, I think. ぼく is more modest. I guess I still can use ぼく even though I'm not a kid. First I understood that it's something only kids use, but seems that's actually not quite right.

おれ is fine to use with friends of the same age (and in fact most of my male friends use it in casual conversation), just make sure that you don't get so into the habit of using it that you use it in a formal situation where it would be inappropriate.

As for ぞ and ぜ, I live in Kansai (western Japan) so I don't here them very often. I may be wrong, but I think they are more common in Kanto (eastern Japan). Anybody want to back me up or call me out on this? I'd be happy to know either way...

Okay I'll use green this time :mrgreen:
では、 れんしゅう を つづけます。

わたし は きのう サイクリング を しました が、  とても きもち よかった です。
(I did went cycling yesterday, it did feel really good.) Now it might already, really look like I only think about food, because おいしい is used for food, but I didn't know any better way to express "it did feel good". I think いい wont fit there well even though I learned now to conjugate it into よかった and よくない.[/quote]

I think サイクリング is better than じてんしゃ りょこう. 
じてんしゃ りょこう sounds like you took a long trip by bicyle, rather than just went cycling.
You can use きもち いい to say "feels good" so "felt good" is きもち よかった.

BTW - A hint for English: You don't need to use "did" in a past statement, just the verb is OK.
I did went cycling. X
I went cycling. O
It did feel good. X
It felt good. O
そうだ、嬉しいんだ、生きる喜び!
例え胸の傷が痛んでも。
becki_kanou

Postby Hardi_E » Fri 05.30.2008 3:38 pm

becki_kanou wrote:おれ is fine to use with friends of the same age (and in fact most of my male friends use it in casual conversation), just make sure that you don't get so into the habit of using it that you use it in a formal situation where it would be inappropriate.
It feels pretty unrealistic at moment, that I could have much conversations in Japanese though. Maybe instant messaging. Actually last year Japanese emperor and empress visited Estonia and meet peoples, shaking hands and all, but since they only visited capital Tallinn, not my town. I only had to watch them from tv. Oh well. I just have to wait some thousand years until they come here too. :lol: I hate traveling.

becki_kanou wrote:わたし は きのう サイクリング を しました が、  とても きもち よかった です。

I think サイクリング is better than じてんしゃ りょこう. 
じてんしゃ りょこう sounds like you took a long trip by bicyle, rather than just went cycling.
You can use きもち いい to say "feels good" so "felt good" is きもち よかった.

はい、 それ は てみじかい 44きろめいとる の じゅんかい でした。
Yes that was a short 44-kilometers round.

I could have said also. わたし は きのう サイクリング を しまして が、 とでも おもしろかった です。 I had totally forgot that I could use "It was amusing" instead of "it felt good".

れんしゅう を つづけます。(I just have to say this, because it took me so much effort to find out how to type づ by IME)

おれ は もも いろ すき だよ。 :mrgreen:
きょう は あつかった です。 Today was warmth.
あついな てんき。 hot weather.
てんき は あつい です な。 The weather is hot.

Edit
れんしゅう の おかわり! :wink:

おれ は くるま は きらい が、 トラクタ が がいすき です。 だって おれ は トラクタ を もっていました。

おれ は けむり や さけのみ が きらい です。
Hardi_E

Postby becki_kanou » Mon 06.02.2008 1:39 am

Hardi_E wrote:I could have said also. わたし は きのう サイクリング を しまし が、 とも おもしろかった です。 I had totally forgot that I could use "It was amusing" instead of "it felt good".

Sure, that would be OK too. Just be careful, the past tense ends with た not て as you had originally written.

Hardi_E wrote:れんしゅう を つづけます。(I just have to say this, because it took me so much effort to find out how to type づ by IME)

I totally understand. :mrgreen:

Hardi_E wrote:おれ は ももいろ  すき だよ。 :mrgreen: You don't really need the よ. (もも いろ で かいて あげます。)
きょう は あつかった です。 Today was warm. Warm not warmth.
あつい てんき。 hot weather. あつい is an い type adj. and doesn't need a な
てんき は あつい です な。 The weather is hot. ね is better than な here

Edit

おれ は くるま は きらい ですが、 トラクタ が いすき です。 だって おれ は トラクタ を もっていました。Do you want to say "I have a tractor" or "I had a tractor"?

おれ は けむり や さけのみ が きらい です。Do you mean drinking alchohol, or people who drink alchohol?

Keep up the good work!
そうだ、嬉しいんだ、生きる喜び!
例え胸の傷が痛んでも。
becki_kanou

Postby Hardi_E » Mon 06.02.2008 2:03 pm

becki_kanou wrote:Edit

おれ は くるま は きらい ですが、 トラクタ が いすき です。 だって おれ は トラクタ を もっていました。Do you want to say "I have a tractor" or "I had a tractor"?
I did mean: I hate cars, but I love tractors. Because I had a tractor.

becki_kanou wrote:おれ は けむり や さけのみ が きらい です。Do you mean drinking alchohol, or people who drink alchohol?
I hate smoke and drunkards.

The neighbour from next floor town, smokes all days at window or at balcony, I can't keep windows open since the smell of smoke comes in. At week ends, when weather is good, Young drunkards babble and shout loudly at street, at night and don't let me sleep well. if I keep window opened.

では、 よく は きょう の れんしょう です。

わたし を きにかけません でした が、 なぜなら たたかう のに つかれた から です。
おれ を きにかけなかった が、 なぜなら たたかう のに つかれた から。
Hardi_E

Postby richvh » Mon 06.02.2008 2:33 pm

Because I had a tractor.

おれは トラクタを もっていた から だ。
I hate smoke and drunkards.

タバコの けむりの くさいや こわだかな よっている わかものが きらい です。
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby Hardi_E » Tue 06.03.2008 3:49 pm

おれ は くるま は きらい です。 でも トラクタ が だいすき です が、 おれ は あかい トラクタ もっていた から だ。 I hate cars. But I like tractors, because I had a red tractor. (I think, now I can almost be satisfied with that sentence. Both, english and Japanese part.. Yet I feel it's still misses something.)

きょう おれ は また サイクリング を しました。 カメラ が ともなった げど、 これ の フォト が うつした から の が だめ です。 I guess this is no right Japanese, so I provide also how it should be in in (Hardi's)english. -->Today I vent bicycling again. Though I had camera with me, those photo's I took were no good.
Hardi_E

Next

Return to 日本語の練習 (Practice Japanese)