Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Typing in Japanese

Typing in Japanese

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

Typing in Japanese

Postby cemetaryland » Wed 05.28.2008 4:30 pm

I wanted to get my computer to type in Japanese. I already got it to display it by downloading a font, but when I followed the steps to type using my Windows XP CD it said it can't find the needed files to set up a new language. Does anyone know why it might do this?
cemetaryland

Re: Typing in Japanese

Postby chikara » Wed 05.28.2008 8:14 pm

I wish I could get my computer to type in any language. My PC is so dumb I have to do the typing myself :P

Seiously though, by following the steps to type do you mean that you have gone into Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Languages and checked the box for "Install files for East Asian languages". When you click OK or Apply are you asked for the Windows XP install CD?
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby cemetaryland » Thu 05.29.2008 4:36 pm

Yes and so I put the CD in and it said it couldn't find the necessary files. So I tried doing it over quite a few times with the CD already in and it did the same thing.
cemetaryland

Postby Tabetai » Sat 11.01.2008 8:10 pm

Or, you could download JWPce. It's a Japanese word processor (Don't worry- It's not written in Japanese). It has a dictionary and stroke order of Kanji and everything. I use it all the time when writing Japanese on the internet. Here is where you can download it: http://www.physics.ucla.edu/~grosenth/jwpce.html
Tabetai

Native language: English

Return to General off topic