Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Japanese Learner, anyone who could help?

Japanese Learner, anyone who could help?

Feel free to practice writing in Japanese or romaji. Help each other out with corrections or replying back in Japanese

Re: Japanese Learner, anyone who could help?

Postby chikara » Fri 05.30.2008 1:08 am

Sairana wrote:..... after this display of bitterness and judgmental attitude ......

Bitterness and judgmental attitude? Where? :?

Sairana wrote:..... This is an introduction thread ...

Actually it is a 日本語の練習 (Practice Japanese) thread :)
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby Wakannai » Fri 05.30.2008 2:58 am

Sairana's just been hanging out at the about forums for to long with me and Tony. We've been getting a lot of the oversensitive types lately, so she's gotten a little sensitive to it.

Some people don't seem to get that we are all friends here, and what friends do is poke fun at each other when they aren't being serious.
Wakannai

Postby Sairana » Fri 05.30.2008 5:50 am

chikara wrote:Actually it is a 日本語の練習 (Practice Japanese) thread :)

Missed that. I read threads from the "new posts" display and assumed by the "hi, I'm English [snip]" bit in the OP I assumed it was an introduction.

However, the post I quoted wasn't even from the original poster of this thread, just some random other person calling TJP a house of jokes based on THIS thread, he hadn't even -asked- anything anywhere. "Post count: 1"

Has angsty "well, I can see I won't get any help here" BS written all over it.
Sairana

Native language: (US) English

Postby aeonlight » Fri 05.30.2008 1:01 pm

Hmmm, well

jitsu wa, shoshinsha dakedo, jibun de nihongo wo benkyo dewa arimashta. Anime ya, j-music ya, j-movie nado wo mite dake ja nai. Nihongo ga daisuki dakara, jibun de (saved) o-kane de hon wo kaimashta. demo, mada jishin wa nai desu.

lol, i remember that my first few months of learning jap, i was holding a textbook (how do you say text book in jap?) while watching Slam Dunk the animation.

However, i do admit that i only get to learn bits and pieces here and there from the way i am learning. THus i am thankful for those pointers.

I'd continue to learn more from the text book, but i'd really love to practice conversing in Jap in this great forum.
aeonlight

Postby richvh » Fri 05.30.2008 1:10 pm

You didn't read the FAQ linked to earlier in this thread, did you?

Do not use the abbreviation "jap". If typing out "Japanese" is too much of a hassle, .jp or jpn may be used.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby chikara » Sun 06.01.2008 9:40 pm

chikara wrote:..... Aeonlight-san, the problem you have is that the switch you are looking for in your brain is incorrectly labeled. I suggest you read the FAQ, paying particular attention to Forums item 3, before further postings on this site :)

aeonlight wrote:.... how do you say text book in jap .....
.... i'd really love to practice conversing in Jap in this great forum.

richvh wrote:You didn't read the FAQ linked to earlier in this thread, did you?

Do not use the abbreviation "jap". If typing out "Japanese" is too much of a hassle, .jp or jpn may be used.

Rich-san, I am beginning to suspect that Aeonlight-san is deliberately persisting with that abbreviation :x
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby richvh » Sun 06.01.2008 9:59 pm

Well, if he is so dense after it has explicitly been explained to him, the next time he uses it will earn a ban.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby AJBryant » Mon 06.02.2008 8:55 am

Works for me.

Tony
AJBryant
Site Admin

Native language: English

Postby aeonlight » Thu 06.05.2008 11:39 am

I didn't mean to offend, i'm so sorry. I was just used to saying it, even in the presence of my japanese neighbour, and my mistake wasn't pointed out at all, didn't know it was offensive either. Now it is made clear to me, I'll do my best to cut down on using that word.

hmmm, better apologize to my neighbour tomorrow morning =( .
aeonlight

Previous

Return to 日本語の練習 (Practice Japanese)