Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - LoZ Website: Want Japanese Mirror

LoZ Website: Want Japanese Mirror

Discuss games, Japanese as well as non-Japanese.

LoZ Website: Want Japanese Mirror

Postby イチク » Sun 06.08.2008 8:27 pm

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I'm looking for Japanese speakers who are also Legend of Zelda fans. Midna fans, in particular.

I'm the community manager for a website called Want Midna Back. It is a slightly more...dedicated fansite, and it would probably be best if it explains itself. It's only been online for a few months, but we already have some big stuff going on.

One of those big things we would like to get moving is a Japanese mirror. Twilight Princess was popular mostly in the west, along with its story's protagonist, but not so much in Japan. We'd like to gather those who do appreciate it, and fitting with the site's purpose, send that message to the series' developers.

Now, I know this isn't exactly a gaming forum, but my Japanese is not brilliant, and I've been searching all over the place in Japanese Zelda gaming sites and such for someone who might be interested in this project. If there are any Midna fans here who consider themselves to be proficient enough with the language to make themselves understood, and to understand others, at least generally, without major issues, that would be brilliant. This would be a long-term thing, hopefully starting a Japanese forum that could be self-sufficient and admin'd by the volunteer, that would work in conjunction with the English one.

If this is considered advertising...well, let me know and delete it, and sorry. But if anyone might be interested, the link to the site should be in my profile.

どもありがとう。またな。
イチク

Re: LoZ Website: Want Japanese Mirror

Postby Ukeath » Mon 06.09.2008 10:47 pm

That sounds like a really cool idea. A place where you could talk to other gamers and have a translator.
Unfortunately i just started to learn Japanese and know very little.
I'm sure there is someone out there that would like to do that, not real sure about here tho.
Ukeath

Re: LoZ Website: Want Japanese Mirror

Postby イチク » Mon 06.09.2008 11:27 pm

Yeah, this was the final nail in my decision to learn Japanese on my own. I'm not too bad at it, but not good enough to translate a site, and run a Japanese forum. At least, not good enough to do it and not look like an idiot :P . The grammar still gets to me; I'd only just be understandable. But yeah...this is definitely a unique site, and I don't know if anyone here would be interested in helping to run its progression, but it'd be brilliant if there was a Midna fan here who is both interested in the site and adept at the Japanese language.
イチク

Return to Games