Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - A Strange Request (relating to Cup Ramen)

A Strange Request (relating to Cup Ramen)

Japanese, general discussion on the language

A Strange Request (relating to Cup Ramen)

Postby Kamica » Mon 06.16.2008 7:01 pm

I am trying to find the name of the Cup Ramen that I often ate in Japan. Here is what I know:

-I think it is a form of miso ramen because it has the brown coloring that is usual.
-The taste of it is spicy hot
-The cup design is decorated with flames to indicate the spiciness (this design is what intrigued me enough to buy it in the first place).
-I always bought it at one certain convenience store. Sadly, I did not see this product at some of the other convenience stores that I went to.

I would be satisfied by either finding out the name of this product or by seeing a picture.



Spicy Ramen = The taste of the angels
Kamica
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon 06.16.2008 6:45 pm

Re: A Strange Request (relating to Cup Ramen)

Postby coco » Mon 06.16.2008 8:36 pm

Kamica wrote:I am trying to find the name of the Cup Ramen that I often ate in Japan. Here is what I know:

-I think it is a form of miso ramen because it has the brown coloring that is usual.
-The taste of it is spicy hot
-The cup design is decorated with flames to indicate the spiciness (this design is what intrigued me enough to buy it in the first place).
-I always bought it at one certain convenience store. Sadly, I did not see this product at some of the other convenience stores that I went to.


Welcome to TJP forum. :)

Let me ask some questions.

1) When did you live in Japan?
2) Do you remember the convenience store's name?
(e.g. ローソン、セブンイ-レブン、ファミリーマート.etc..)
3) Did the package have a picture of red chili pepper?
4) Did it have とうがらし or げきから related name?
coco
 
Posts: 3061
Joined: Mon 05.30.2005 12:43 am
Location: 東京都
Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

Re: A Strange Request (relating to Cup Ramen)

Postby Kamica » Mon 06.16.2008 9:38 pm

coco wrote:
Kamica wrote:I am trying to find the name of the Cup Ramen that I often ate in Japan. Here is what I know:

-I think it is a form of miso ramen because it has the brown coloring that is usual.
-The taste of it is spicy hot
-The cup design is decorated with flames to indicate the spiciness (this design is what intrigued me enough to buy it in the first place).
-I always bought it at one certain convenience store. Sadly, I did not see this product at some of the other convenience stores that I went to.


Welcome to TJP forum. :)

Let me ask some questions.

1) When did you live in Japan?
2) Do you remember the convenience store's name?
(e.g. ローソン、セブンイ-レブン、ファミリーマート.etc..)
3) Did the package have a picture of red chili pepper?
4) Did it have とうがらし or げきから related name?


Hello Coco. I lived in Japan one year ago. The convenience store was by the train station in Noda city (Chiba prefecture). I remember that is was not 7/11. If I had to guess, the name would be family mart though I am in no way certain. As for the chili pepper or the writing on the package, I can't remember any details. If I saw a picture, I am certain that I would recognize it at once.

I could theoretically ask my old host family. But the question would seem a bit odd. I suppose it is a last resort option for me.
Kamica
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon 06.16.2008 6:45 pm

Re: A Strange Request (relating to Cup Ramen)

Postby coco » Mon 06.16.2008 10:05 pm

Kamica wrote:
Hello Coco. I lived in Japan one year ago. The convenience store was by the train station in Noda city (Chiba prefecture). I remember that is was not 7/11. If I had to guess, the name would be family mart though I am in no way certain. As for the chili pepper or the writing on the package, I can't remember any details. If I saw a picture, I am certain that I would recognize it at once.

I'm not sure but ..
http://www.geocities.jp/mj2345pip33/000215.jpg
This one?

I could theoretically ask my old host family. But the question would seem a bit odd. I suppose it is a last resort option for me.

I guess you host family will be happy to answer your question. :)
--
added:
http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/bigramen/
This site has plenty of packages, it shows like this.
カップ麺の部屋→ カップ麺コレクション→ 味噌
Enjoy! :)
coco
 
Posts: 3061
Joined: Mon 05.30.2005 12:43 am
Location: 東京都
Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

Re: A Strange Request (relating to Cup Ramen)

Postby Kamica » Mon 06.16.2008 10:51 pm

coco wrote:
Kamica wrote:
Hello Coco. I lived in Japan one year ago. The convenience store was by the train station in Noda city (Chiba prefecture). I remember that is was not 7/11. If I had to guess, the name would be family mart though I am in no way certain. As for the chili pepper or the writing on the package, I can't remember any details. If I saw a picture, I am certain that I would recognize it at once.

I'm not sure but ..
http://www.geocities.jp/mj2345pip33/000215.jpg
This one?

I could theoretically ask my old host family. But the question would seem a bit odd. I suppose it is a last resort option for me.

I guess you host family will be happy to answer your question. :)


--
added:
http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/bigramen/
This site has plenty of packages, it shows like this.
カップ麺の部屋→ カップ麺コレクション→ 味噌
Enjoy! :)


This doesn't look like it, but I would need to see the front of the label to be certain. The exact brand doesn't matter too much. I just wanted spicy miso ramen. What does the kanji in the name of that ramen say?

Thanks though, for going out of your way for me. I truly appreciate it.
Kamica
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon 06.16.2008 6:45 pm

Re: A Strange Request (relating to Cup Ramen)

Postby coco » Tue 06.17.2008 9:36 am

Kamica wrote:This doesn't look like it, but I would need to see the front of the label to be certain. The exact brand doesn't matter too much. I just wanted spicy miso ramen. What does the kanji in the name of that ramen say?

Sorry, the link I showed seemed to be broken.
I think that was とんがらし麺 味噌チゲ or 海鮮チゲ.
As for spicy miso ramen, たんたんめん is popular. Some companies are producing it and this has a flame in its package.

According to Google map, ミニストップ(Mini stop) looks the nearest convenience store to Noda-shi station. If so, this one is store- limited Ramen, but it doesn't have a flame design.

I hope you'll find nice spicy miso Ramen. :)
coco
 
Posts: 3061
Joined: Mon 05.30.2005 12:43 am
Location: 東京都
Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

Re: A Strange Request (relating to Cup Ramen)

Postby Mike Cash » Tue 06.17.2008 3:00 pm

Kamica wrote:
coco wrote:
Kamica wrote:I am trying to find the name of the Cup Ramen that I often ate in Japan.




I lived in Japan one year ago.



my old host family.


'Scuse me for protrudin', as the Kingfish would say, but did you live in Japan or did you visit for a week or so?
Never underestimate my capacity for pettiness.
User avatar
Mike Cash
 
Posts: 2737
Joined: Sun 08.20.2006 3:38 am
Native language: English

Re: A Strange Request (relating to Cup Ramen)

Postby Kamica » Tue 06.17.2008 7:06 pm

coco wrote:
Kamica wrote:This doesn't look like it, but I would need to see the front of the label to be certain. The exact brand doesn't matter too much. I just wanted spicy miso ramen. What does the kanji in the name of that ramen say?

Sorry, the link I showed seemed to be broken.
I think that was とんがらし麺 味噌チゲ or 海鮮チゲ.
As for spicy miso ramen, たんたんめん is popular. Some companies are producing it and this has a flame in its package.

According to Google map, ミニストップ(Mini stop) looks the nearest convenience store to Noda-shi station. If so, this one is store- limited Ramen, but it doesn't have a flame design.

I hope you'll find nice spicy miso Ramen. :)


Mini-stop was the name of the convenience store! I am sure of it.

You are awesome dude. Thanks a ton for everything.

MikeCash: I lived in Japan for 5 weeks and 2 days with a host family. They spoke to me in English only though and I didn't learn very much Japanese. I have started to do serious studying now.

Looks like I have several options for spicy ramen. I will look for em when I return to Japan.
Kamica
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon 06.16.2008 6:45 pm

Re: A Strange Request (relating to Cup Ramen)

Postby spin13 » Tue 06.17.2008 7:13 pm

Mike Cash wrote:'Scuse me for protrudin', as the Kingfish would say, but did you live in Japan or did you visit for a week or so?

Whether it was a week or a decade, I doubt she was dead while she was here.
You're probably not as smart as you think.
Unskilled and Unaware
spin13
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Wed 04.06.2005 9:38 pm
Location: Tokyo
Native language: English
Gender: Male

Re: A Strange Request (relating to Cup Ramen)

Postby richvh » Tue 06.17.2008 7:38 pm

You are awesome dude.

Coco's a dudette.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh
 
Posts: 6451
Joined: Thu 09.29.2005 10:35 pm

Re: A Strange Request (relating to Cup Ramen)

Postby AJBryant » Tue 06.17.2008 8:40 pm

spin13 wrote:
Mike Cash wrote:'Scuse me for protrudin', as the Kingfish would say, but did you live in Japan or did you visit for a week or so?

Whether it was a week or a decade, I doubt she was dead while she was here.


Don't be a tool. The question wasn't "were you alive in Japan" it was "Did you live in Japan".

Jeez. :roll:
User avatar
AJBryant
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5313
Joined: Sun 10.09.2005 11:29 am
Location: Indiana
Native language: English
Gender: Male

Re: A Strange Request (relating to Cup Ramen)

Postby Mike Cash » Wed 06.18.2008 7:21 am

spin13 wrote:
Mike Cash wrote:'Scuse me for protrudin', as the Kingfish would say, but did you live in Japan or did you visit for a week or so?

Whether it was a week or a decade, I doubt she was dead while she was here.


I refer you to the first line of your sig.
Never underestimate my capacity for pettiness.
User avatar
Mike Cash
 
Posts: 2737
Joined: Sun 08.20.2006 3:38 am
Native language: English

Re: A Strange Request (relating to Cup Ramen)

Postby two_heads_talking » Wed 06.18.2008 12:22 pm

AJBryant wrote:
spin13 wrote:
Mike Cash wrote:'Scuse me for protrudin', as the Kingfish would say, but did you live in Japan or did you visit for a week or so?

Whether it was a week or a decade, I doubt she was dead while she was here.


Don't be a tool. The question wasn't "were you alive in Japan" it was "Did you live in Japan".

Jeez. :roll:


I love the word tool.
User avatar
two_heads_talking
 
Posts: 4137
Joined: Thu 04.06.2006 11:03 am
Native language: English

Re: A Strange Request (relating to Cup Ramen)

Postby chikara » Wed 06.18.2008 8:29 pm

two_heads_talking wrote:I love the word tool.

The Foreign Names thread has gone done the same route, pun intended. :twisted:

Image

As seen on Australian TV :)
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
User avatar
chikara
 
Posts: 3576
Joined: Tue 07.11.2006 10:48 pm
Location: Australia (SA)
Native language: English (Australian)
Gender: Male

Re: A Strange Request (relating to Cup Ramen)

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 06.19.2008 2:22 pm

chikara wrote:
two_heads_talking wrote:I love the word tool.

The Foreign Names thread has gone done the same route, pun intended. :twisted:

Image

As seen on Australian TV :)

I love it. I reserve the right to use that pic .. with the amount of tools I run into in a week, it might be hard to decide on just one though.. lol
User avatar
two_heads_talking
 
Posts: 4137
Joined: Thu 04.06.2006 11:03 am
Native language: English


Return to Japanese General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests