Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Wagawiki Articles

Wagawiki Articles

Spotted any errors or found anything that doesn't work?

Re: Wagawiki Articles

Postby phreadom » Tue 06.17.2008 10:43 am

SS wrote:In this post viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7580&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=90, coco-san quoted a link viewtopic.php?f=7&t=62, たら and 〜えば --- The post by Mukade-san in this thread explained the conditionals very well. (it has small mistakes, so I m going to post on that thread later.)

but it was broken >> http://www.megaclick.com/404/?lg=en&typ ... read_id=62

Txkun managed to fix it , I just got this link from him and it worked:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=62
〜たら and 〜えば --- The post by Mukade-san in this thread explained the conditionals very well. (it has small mistakes, so I m going to post on that thread later.

There are still many broken links need to be fixed in that 2 posts.
Sorry I can't make myself any clearer, so far only Txkun knows what I'm talking about :oops: , hopefully he will chime in later to fix the problem. Thanks.

I understand the problem now that coco linked to the other post that explains it. With that out of the way (in a sense), I wondered if you have some kind of software installed on your computer that is causing your 404 error pages to be routed to that MegaClick website? That's certainly not default browser behavior (or at least shouldn't be).
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Postby Txkun » Tue 06.17.2008 2:45 pm

Since there are many links around the forum that link to articles in the old format (with viewtopic instead of viewthread and different options passed by the "get" method) what about writing a very simple php called viewthread.php that just redirects to the new link?

It should be easy and automagically fix all the old links without changing anything. :D
Txkun

Native language: Italian

Postby coco » Wed 06.18.2008 8:45 am

phreadom wrote:I ported the data over several weeks ago... so those comments made on the old site after that time obviously won't show up here on the new site. I'll be sure to get a fresh copy of the data from the old wiki before we move to the new wiki.

Thank you very much for doing that for us. :)

Txkun wrote:Since there are many links around the forum that link to articles in the old format (with viewtopic instead of viewtopic and different options passed by the "get" method) what about writing a very simple php called viewtopic.php that just redirects to the new link?

It should be easy and automagically fix all the old links without changing anything. :D

Txkun, I'm sorry for not understanding what you said, but do you know how to fix old links automatically without readers' operation?
It seems that we still need to know how to fix it, as you see in this thread.
If you could help us, that would be great. :) Thank you.
coco

Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

Postby Txkun » Thu 06.19.2008 3:15 pm

coco wrote:Txkun, I'm sorry for not understanding what you said, but do you know how to fix old links automatically without readers' operation?
It seems that we still need to know how to fix it, as you see in this thread.
If you could help us, that would be great. :) Thank you.

Hi cocosan!
I think so. This is why.
When a php page is called, on the server a small program executes the program containted in the page.
Since the old php page, "viewtopic.php" is not present anymore we have a problem. But if we create a simple php page called as the old one that just sends the parameters to the "viewtopic.php" page we can leave all the old links as they are. The php code will redirect for us. It's not pretty maybe but it should work! :lol:
Txkun

Native language: Italian

Postby coco » Thu 06.19.2008 7:09 pm

Thank you for the reply, Txkun. :)
I hope the dead links will revive without big trouble to admins.
coco

Postby phreadom » Thu 06.19.2008 10:16 pm

Txkun wrote:Since there are many links around the forum that link to articles in the old format (with viewtopic instead of viewthread and different options passed by the "get" method) what about writing a very simple php called viewthread.php that just redirects to the new link?

I think in order of preference for fixes we're looking at, we have:
1) fix the actual data in the database so all the links are correct in the posts themselves.
2) add an alias to viewtopic.php called viewthread.php and add a bit of extra code to allow for either the new or old variables to be used.
3) use your idea and create a sort of small proxy script.

Thanks for the idea... we'll check into which will be the best solution. :)
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Postby Wakannai » Thu 06.19.2008 11:46 pm

There is no wagawiki link on the main page, but if I click on Forums It appears by Bookstore.
Wakannai

Postby phreadom » Fri 06.20.2008 7:25 am

Wakannai wrote:There is no wagawiki link on the main page, but if I click on Forums It appears by Bookstore.

I noticed that last night when we were talking about the wiki... I'll have to ask Clay if there was a reason he removed it. It was there previously.
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Postby clay » Sat 06.21.2008 6:34 am

I can add it back. I think it was pointing to the old site and I decided I needed the space :) I'll add it back.
TheJapanShop.com- Japanese language learning materials
Checkout our iPhone apps: TheJapanesePage.com/iPhone
clay
Site Admin

Postby phreadom » Wed 10.08.2008 3:40 pm

I just wanted to update this to note that all the links to other forum posts in all the forum posts should be fixed now. (This will move over to the new site as well.)

I've also updated the WagaWiki on the new site so it should be fully functioning when we launch, which should hopefully be within the next few days. :)
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Postby coco » Mon 10.20.2008 10:47 pm

coco

Postby phreadom » Tue 10.21.2008 1:23 am

Please don't use the s152453462.onlinehome.us wiki anymore. :)

The wiki here is fully functioning. If anything is missing from it that should be there, please let me know and I'll try to track it down.

All the mojibake issues should be fixed, as well as all the links pointing back here to the forum.

Let me know if you need anything else! :D
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Postby coco » Tue 10.21.2008 9:40 pm

phreadom wrote:

Please don't use the s152453462.onlinehome.us wiki anymore. :)

I see. I saw some links to the s152453462 server had changed into the new addresses. So I was wondering if it would change automatically.

All the mojibake issues should be fixed, as well as all the links pointing back here to the forum.

Thank you very much for the fixing.
coco

Previous

Return to Problems