Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Audio JLPT Course ?

Audio JLPT Course ?

The test - experiences, questions or comments

Audio JLPT Course ?

Postby JonnyHilly » Thu 06.19.2008 9:00 pm

does anyone know of an Audio JLPT course ?
For example where it would teach you all the grammar and most of the vocab through examples in a wholly audio course ?
using listen, repeat, and shadowing type speech.
This would be awesome.. as I have tons of listening time commuting... but little desk time for studying.

I enjoy doing pimsleur/jpod101 etc... in car, but wondered if there was an audio course like this specifically for JLPT
and if not do you think it would be a good idea ?

p.s hajimemashite... this is my first post !
JonnyHilly

Re: Audio JLPT Course ?

Postby chikara » Thu 06.19.2008 9:41 pm

初めまして

The Unicom Grammar, Kanji and Vocab for JLPT books come with CD's which contain audio of what is in the book but it is not a Pimsleur style listen/repeat simply a listen.
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby katafei » Mon 06.23.2008 1:56 pm

Hmm, I use the unicom books, but I don't think you'd learn anything by just listening. It only gives examples of all the grammar, no explanations. And they speak really fast, so you sort of have to know what they say before you understand. :mrgreen:
Personally I think with this series (and with all others, no doubt) you really need to invest a lot of time studying the grammar as well.
But it does add that great extra dimension of listening!
We are all but images of our time
katafei

Native language: Dutch; Female

Postby chikara » Mon 06.23.2008 11:47 pm

I agree, you definitely need a book that explains the grammar such as A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar to use in conjunction with the Unicom books.

Listening to the CD's on their own will not improve your grammar but it should improve your listening comprehension which, after all, is part of the JLPT :)

There is always the JLPT Audio Study Downloads
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby katafei » Wed 06.25.2008 2:48 pm

Yeah, I have those on my mp3 player as well :mrgreen:
It was an impulse buy, but I'm really pleased with it. It totally parallels my vocab list, so I divided the audio vocab in the same portions. And it really helps listening to the native Japanese pronunciation!
We are all but images of our time
katafei

Native language: Dutch; Female

Return to Japanese Language Proficiency Test