Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Let's practice Japanese in hiragana.

Let's practice Japanese in hiragana.

Feel free to practice writing in Japanese or romaji. Help each other out with corrections or replying back in Japanese

Re: Let's practice Japanese in hiragana.

Postby Hardi_E » Sat 06.21.2008 10:39 am

Oh my I still made so horrible mistakes even though it wasn't posted late night.
ぬ、め are actually easy to differ. I made them clear to my self so that ぬ is the hiragana of いぬ so dogs tail is in ring.. similar to pig's tail. other is without that loop. But sometime it's still difficult. about katakana I better don't start complain yet. Because I have only learn some very few.

I have tried also to practice to write hiragana with pencil to paper and also with computer by using a tablet, but my handwriting is so ugly, that It makes me depressed to see it. In general I try to avoid to write by hand only when sing some time some document.. or when I'm really forced to write something I use these shifted romanji letters used to start a sentence.

I think you want to say "I goofed off again." If so, you should say また rather than もういちど.

Yes I wanted to say that I goofed off again. So then. ぼく は また れんしょう を なまけました。

プーチ の そうすいかん が また こわれていました。 それで みんな は おゆ が ありません。

Actually one very hard thing is to come up with good sentences, that I'm actually able to but into Japanese. It's no point to go straight to too difficult sentences that I don't understand at all, but I can't also say things like たんぽぽ は いぬ たべた。 (Dandelion ate dog.) for ever.

きょう、 わたしち は けんざい の みせ を いきました。 くぎ だの ラッカー と モンタージュフォーム が かいとりました。(Today we went to shop of building materials. We bought things like nails, lacquer and montage foam.)
Hardi_E

Native language: エストニアご

Postby richvh » Sat 06.21.2008 11:19 am

Hardi_E wrote:きょう、 わたしち は けんざい の みせ を いきました。 くぎ だの ラッカー と モンタージュフォーム が かいとりました。(Today we went to shop of building materials. We bought things like nails, lacquer and montage foam.)

きょう、 わたしたち は けんざい の みせ に いきました。 くぎ や ラッカー や モンタージュフォーム など を かいとりました。
I don't actually know when it's appropriate to use だの; it must be pretty rare, as I don't remember running into it in my reading. と is used only in complete lists; since you're giving only examples of what you bought, the incomplete list particle や should be used to link the list items, with など optionally attached to the end of the list.

When dealing with motion verbs like いく, を marks the place of departure, not the destination, which should be marked with に or へ.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby Akiahara » Sat 06.21.2008 8:29 pm

richvh wrote:何か面白いことを話していないけど、何かをジャーナルに書きたかったのです or something like that.

ありがとうございます。ワーーーー!日本語は難しいですよ!

So... ひらがな で - 「なにか おもしろい こと を はなして いない けど、なにか を ジャーナル に かきたかった の です。」

Basically... "The things I'm saying are less than interesting, but I wanted to write something in my journal"? o_O

I'm a little confused at the 「こと」 と 「書きたかったのです」。 I get that 書きたかった is "wanted to write", but why use の です at the end? I also don't quite understand 「こと」 - 「面白いこと」 = interesting thing?

I should know the answer to this, shouldn't I? :oops:

On a side note, I love practicing actual handwriting, but I have the horrible tendency to make kanji too small. :(
Akiahara

Postby richvh » Sat 06.21.2008 8:50 pm

Explanation of のです

何か - something 何かを話している - saying something

But if you want to attach some description to the something, you place the adjective after 何か, and then to have a verb operate on it, you need to attach a generic noun - こと or もの - after the adjective.

何か面白いことを話していない - not saying something interesting
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby Akiahara » Sat 06.21.2008 9:56 pm

:shock:

That link certainly explains a lot. Thanks for that! Though I'm clearly past my education level... that is to say, out of my league. :evil:

Hmm... like...

何か楽しいことをしていない? or is する different?
  -- 何か楽しいことをしている。
何か面白いことを読んでいない?
  -- 何か面白いことを読んでいる。
何かきれいなことを見ってない?
  -- 何かきれいなことを見っている。

Erm, is this even the right place for me to ask about that? :oops: It's still practice, but I know there's a grammar area, too... Sorry for my complete beginner skills. T_T I've been in a class for a year, but the next level was cancelled - the one that would have been almost solely dedicated to the -te form - so my classmates and I are testing into the intermediate level in the fall... but we have to sort of tackle the -te form on our own before then. :(
Akiahara

Postby richvh » Sat 06.21.2008 10:39 pm

Looks like you have the idea. Feel free to start up a thread in the grammar questions section to clarify other points.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby Akiahara » Sat 06.21.2008 11:07 pm

やった!ありがとうございました。

とにかく -- なにか を たべたい よ。

Hopefully not everything I write here is wrong. :lol:
Akiahara

Postby becki_kanou » Sun 06.22.2008 12:09 am

That's the spirit!

何が食べたいですか?私はお好み焼きが食べたいです!
なに が たべたい ですか? わたし は おこのみやき が たべたい です!
そうだ、嬉しいんだ、生きる喜び!
例え胸の傷が痛んでも。
becki_kanou

Skype chat: yes_becki
Native language: U.S. English, 米語

Postby Akiahara » Sun 06.22.2008 1:07 am

Even if I'm wrong... all I can do is try and try again. I'll understand eventually. Just don't want to aggravate anyone with my noobness. :lol:

Oh, wow... with tiny font... 食 sort of looks like 良. :shock: Of course the difference is sorta obvious when they're right next to each other, though. :evil:

私は日本語でこれを知らないよ... (わたし は にほんご で これ を しらない よ)
... I've never had おこのみやき before. おいしい です か。
becki_kanou さん の おこのみやき に はっている です か。

わたし は いなりずし が たべたい です けど、もっていない。
にわとり の サーンドーイチ (??) が たべました。

いま わたし の しゅじん と いざかや に いきます。
たのしくない。。。

I have a sort of unrelated question. I use Microsoft IME for other languages, and it's a real pain to have to click to switch between them. Is there a keyboard shortcut to toggle between English and Japanese?
Akiahara

Postby Sairana » Sun 06.22.2008 1:54 am

Akiahara wrote:
I have a sort of unrelated question. I use Microsoft IME for other languages, and it's a real pain to have to click to switch between them. Is there a keyboard shortcut to toggle between English and Japanese?

alt+shift will cycle through languages. I don't know of any way to cycle back and forth between just two languages. EXCEPT!

The Japanese IME allows for "direct input" which is the same as regular English input. So if you leave it on the JP bar, you can use alt+~(tilde, next to the 1 key) to swap between direct input and hiragana.
Sairana

Native language: (US) English

Postby Akiahara » Sun 06.22.2008 5:30 am

I only have two languages installed, but either way works. Good to know. Thanks! :)

So...

わたしたち は いざかや に いきました。 
おんがく は よかった だ、でも のみもの を おいしくなかった です よ。
さいてい!
Akiahara

Postby Hardi_E » Sun 06.22.2008 5:58 am

いい な。 わたし も なにもの おいしい が たべて と おもい。

About switching between languages in IME. I don't use windows I don't know how it's working there, but I quick google search and got this. http://www.declan-software.com/japanese_ime/#shortcuts
Hardi_E

Postby becki_kanou » Sun 06.22.2008 9:52 am

Akiahara wrote:Even if I'm wrong... all I can do is try and try again. I'll understand eventually. Just don't want to aggravate anyone with my noobness. :lol:

Don't worry; as long as you're polite and have a positive attitude and check dictionaries etc. before asking questions, no one will be aggravated.

私は日本語でこれを知らないよ... (わたし は にほんご で これ を しらない よ)

Do you want to say "I don't know that word in Japanese?"
私はその日本語がわかりません。
わたし は その にほんご が わかりません。

... I've never had おこのみやき before. おいしい です か。

おいしいですよ。今食べてきました。
おいしい です よ。 いま たべて きました。
becki_kanou さん の おこのみやき に はっている です か。

Do you want to say "What's in your okonomiyaki?" If so you're missing なに (what).

わたし は いなりずし が たべたい です けど、もっていない。
にわとり の サーンドーイチ (??) が たべました。

持つ(もつ) doesn't work exactly like English "have", so in this case you'd want ありません。
Also you can just say チキンサンド . When talking about the meat rather than the bird, chicken is usually called either とりにく or チキン. Finally the object (チキンサンド) should take を rather than が here.

チキンサンド  は どう でしたか?
私はベジテリアンですから、チキンサンドは食べませんが、野菜サンドが大好きです!
(わたし は ベジテリアン ですから チキンサンド は たべません が やさいサンド が だいすき です。)

いま わたし の しゅじん と いざかや に いきます。
たのしくない。。。

なんで楽しくないですか?
(なんで たのしくない ですか?)
そうだ、嬉しいんだ、生きる喜び!
例え胸の傷が痛んでも。
becki_kanou

Skype chat: yes_becki
Native language: U.S. English, 米語

Postby Akiahara » Sun 06.22.2008 11:40 pm

What I actually wanted to say with - 私は日本語でこれを知らないよ - was "I don't know how to say this in Japanese..." but what I think I said was "I don't know this in Japanese..."

Ah... so many mistakes. >.< I feel like I need to slap my own hand. Haha. It seems like I should be further along for a year of study. T_T

もつ always confuses me. I figure I'll understand it more as time goes on. :( とりにく - good to know.

チキンサンドはおいしいですけど、少し塩辛かったです。
- (チキンサンド は おいしい です けど、すこし しおからかった です。)
ベジテリアンか。面白いですね。
- (ベジテリアン か。 おもしろい です ね。)
becki_kanou さんはサンドにどれ野菜を入っているですか。
- (becki_kanou さん は サンド に どれ やさい を はいっている です か。)

私は居酒屋を好きじゃないの、でも良い音楽から、楽しかったです。 
- (わたし は いざかや を すき じゃない の、でも よい おんがく から、たのしかった です。)

I have a feeling I messed up a lot here. *headdesk* Long sentences > me.
Akiahara

Postby Hardi_E » Tue 06.24.2008 4:03 am

きのう と きょう は ふつか の おやすみ です。 でも わたし は おやすみ きらい です。 だって、 みせ は きゅうぎょう です、 うるさいな は きんし。 だから ぼく は おやすみ いやだ、 ぜったい いやだ。

さらなる れんしゅう です。
その こうえん には わたし は ふたり おんばば が みました。
ふたりども が いとも こわい いました。
Hardi_E

Previous

Return to 日本語の練習 (Practice Japanese)