View topic - What's your favorite manga?
Chris Hart wrote:
I haven't read or obtained any of the mangas for NGE yet, but I liked the anime, and would love to read the manga.
Ones that I have read, and would read again:
Negima (see my avitar)
Negima is so awesome. Especially the recent volumes with Chao.
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Tue 07.04.2006 5:08 pm
The cover says it's like a cross between harry potter and sailor moon!
I also like the spinoff manga Someday's Dreamers: Spellbound, for it is a lot more ロマンチック <3
Besides that I also really like Miki Falls.
It is also very ロマンチック <3 and the art is very pretty.
I apologize for my ピンクカタカナ
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Fri 01.11.2008 2:26 am
My other favorite manga (in no particular order) are:
Ayashi no Ceres
Card Captor Sakura
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Mon 09.24.2007 12:34 pm
1. Air Gear (top fav and i like it more than i like naruto now) funny and Oh! Great is one of the best artists i've seen yet
2. Naruto - Art is awesome, its funny and is just cool lol. Konohamaru FTW
3. Full Metal Alchemist. AWESOME
4. NHK. FUNNIEST MANGA EVER
5. WORST. SECOND FUNNIEST. and really weird art, which i find really cool
6. Death Note
7. probably bleach. i like it but sometimes its annoying. recent chapters havent been good - meh wateva
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Wed 03.26.2008 2:18 am
"Tekken Chinmi"(Chimmi the iron fist)
It has long story more than 20 years and more than 60 books of series I love this manga since I was a kid.
I don't think this manga is well known among foreigners.
Only the Japanese older than 30 and some part of Azian people like this manga.
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Fri 04.11.2008 2:48 am
La Esperanca is my #1 fave shounen-ai manga
The Tyrant who fell in Love/Rules is my #1 fave Yaoi manga
Gantz is my #1 fave seinen manga
Naruto is my # fave Shounen manga
Hajime no Ippo/Eyeshield 21 is my #1 fave sports manga
Beck is my #1 fave music manga
Haha <3 I cheated <3
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Thu 06.19.2008 12:59 pm
It's pretty cool. it gets away from the standard Shoujo "Guy-Girl are childhood friends and finally confess their love for each other right at the end of the school year and live happily ever after" pattern.
- Posts: 658
- Joined: Thu 10.18.2007 6:38 am
I just read the first issue 聖(セイント)お兄さん, English title: Saint young men. It has Jesus and Buddha living together in an apartment in Tokyo, going to Tokyo Disneyland, and having the usual roommate squabbles. It's a gag manga with lots of bad puns, (the very first page has a joke on 仏 + ほっとけよ！) and I think it's pretty funny, but probably not for everyone.
I also loved ビバ！山田バーバラ (Viva! Yamada Barbara). It's totally stupid and sexist, but also hilarious.
Other favorites are うる星やつら、クレヨンしんちゃん、名探偵コナン、あたしん家、すごいよ!!マサルさん、スーパー主婦月美さん、派遣戦士山田のり子 and ダーリンは外国人.
- Posts: 3402
- Joined: Sat 04.19.2008 10:09 pm
- Location: Hyogo, Japan
- Skype chat: yes_becki
- Native language: U.S. English, 米語
- Gender: Female
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest