Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - TJP Contests and TJS giveaways

TJP Contests and TJS giveaways

Do you have any suggestions to the page's content and such?

Re: TJP Contests and TJS giveaways

Postby monkeykoder » Wed 06.25.2008 4:53 am

Instead of making the photographs Japan related you could always have the contestants write something about the piece in Japanese, like how they feel about the piece, a short description of what is going on in the piece or just a simple caption to direct thought on the piece. This would allow boundless creative freedom yet still relate it back to the purpose of the site. I think the best approach would be a short description about how they feel about the piece with the option of a caption which must also be in Japanese.
monkeykoder

Native language: English

Postby clay » Wed 06.25.2008 6:46 am

That's a neat idea. You mean the photo could be about anything, but the caption and/or description must be in Japanese, right?
TheJapanShop.com- Japanese language learning materials
Checkout our iPhone apps: TheJapanesePage.com/iPhone
clay
Site Admin

Postby BuddhaGeo » Wed 06.25.2008 2:27 pm

There might be a problem with those art contests though - Anyone can steal artwork from other sites and post here as their own.
How would you battle that problem?
BuddhaGeo

Postby monkeykoder » Wed 06.25.2008 4:17 pm

clay wrote:That's a neat idea. You mean the photo could be about anything, but the caption and/or description must be in Japanese, right?

Exactly and of course you would have to have a description or a caption to enter. There would have to be a set thing everyone would have to fill out for their picture so you don't have some people just putting a caption and others writing an entire page about their picture. Might be a good way for some of our artists to get a little bit of feedback on their Japanese too.
monkeykoder

Native language: English

Postby yukamina » Wed 06.25.2008 4:39 pm

Oooh, number 3 would be fun. I love art. If I were to do a manga, I'd write the dialogue in Japanese...
yukamina

Postby clay » Wed 06.25.2008 6:42 pm

Alrighty. I'll try to make a poll later today based on the current options. If anyone has anything to add, please do so now or forever hold your peace. :?:
clay
Site Admin

Postby BuddhaGeo » Thu 06.26.2008 3:27 am

clay wrote:Alrighty. I'll try to make a poll later today based on the current options. If anyone has anything to add, please do so now or forever hold your peace. :?:

I'd like you to refer to Post# 131226 before I start holding my peace.
BuddhaGeo

Postby clay » Thu 06.26.2008 6:20 am

There might be a problem with those art contests though - Anyone can steal artwork from other sites and post here as their own.
How would you battle that problem?

Honor system. Someone could steal someone else's haiku or even short stories. I had someone submit an article (I've forgotten the topic) years ago and I posted it under that person's name. A year later someone informed me they had swiped it word for word from another site. Thankfully, most people are considerate and honor other people's work.
clay
Site Admin

Postby jonti_swe » Mon 06.30.2008 2:03 pm

Sounds like a great idea to me!
I don't think I would be able to participate in many, if any at all, of those though :/ depends though I suppose. Otherwise, once again, it sounds like a really great idea.
jonti_swe

Postby marinax » Wed 05.20.2009 3:31 am

Where can I find baby beauty contest? I know this sounds crazy and please no smart answers. But everyone who sees my son always says how cute he is and this and that. So I thought just for fun to enter him in some small cutest baby contest. Not modeling or anything big. Just little stuff where ya send in the picture to be chossen.
Last edited by marinax on Sat 05.23.2009 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
marinax

Native language: 日本語

Postby becki_kanou » Wed 05.20.2009 5:25 am

Why are you asking on a Japanese language learning forum? I suggest using Google instead.
そうだ、嬉しいんだ、生きる喜び!
例え胸の傷が痛んでも。
becki_kanou

Skype chat: yes_becki
Native language: U.S. English, 米語

Previous

Return to Suggestions