Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - The Pandion chat

The Pandion chat

Spotted any errors or found anything that doesn't work?

The Pandion chat

Postby jonti_swe » Mon 06.30.2008 1:58 pm

Hello everyone. I'm an old member here, who used to be very active in the TJP chat many months ago. But many months ago, it started giving me this error message saying that I could not log in, even though I know the address and password are correct. I also spoke to other people back then on msn, and those also had those problems. It hasn't been fixed yet, I still cannot log in, and I just wonder why it hasn't been fixed yet? Or have you taken down the whole Pandion chat?

Please tell me cause I want to be able to chat again....
jonti_swe

Re: The Pandion chat

Postby coco » Tue 07.01.2008 10:27 pm

Did you "Sign up" on the pandion server?
Oni wrote:The most common problem is that you need to "Sign up" on the pandion server.

So click the 'Sign up' button and follow the instructions. Make sure to change the server to chat.thejapanesepage.com (probably defaulted to pandion.de)
I suggest you keep the Username & password the same as on this site to avoid issues.

Quoted from this thread.
coco

Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

Postby jonti_swe » Wed 07.02.2008 5:36 am

Yea I have had a Pandion account for like two years or something....my address is jonti_swe@chat.thejapanesepage.com
jonti_swe

Postby richvh » Wed 07.02.2008 7:02 am

But the Jabber server moved this year, and you have to sign up again in order to use it now.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby jonti_swe » Wed 07.02.2008 7:36 am

richvh wrote:But the Jabber server moved this year, and you have to sign up again in order to use it now.

Ooh ok thanks.
jonti_swe

Postby yuubi » Fri 12.12.2008 1:13 am

Hi! I also have a pandion account before but i am not able to log in now. I tried to sign up again using the chat.japanesepage.com server but i still can't log in. Is there a new server name?
yuubi

Postby phreadom » Fri 12.12.2008 2:17 am

yuubi wrote:Hi! I also have a pandion account before but i am not able to log in now. I tried to sign up again using the chat.japanesepage.com server but i still can't log in. Is there a new server name?

That should work. You're sure you actually tried registering a new account on it? You can't just log back in if it was too old... the server moved and so people have to "register" the account on there again.

I'm going to recreate the login tutorial hopefully in the next day or so. That might help if you're still having trouble.
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Postby yuubi » Fri 12.12.2008 9:25 pm

^ Ah, right. Thank you! What I was doing wrong was using the same username as before so yeah, that was too old. So now, I changed it and it worked! Thank you again :)
yuubi

Postby phreadom » Fri 12.12.2008 11:32 pm

yuubi wrote:^ Ah, right. Thank you! What I was doing wrong was using the same username as before so yeah, that was too old. So now, I changed it and it worked! Thank you again :)

Glad it worked out. :D
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Postby sei » Wed 01.21.2009 10:12 am

So I'm having that same problem today. I logged in just yesterday and was there most of the day. But now tried to log in and it's not letting me. It pops up an error after a bit saying the reasons might be: I put a wrong password (I know mine is correct since I just logged in yesterday) or, the account doesn't exist in the server. None of this can be...

Anyone having the same problem?
Questions? Feel free to ask. :)
sei

Native language: Portuguese

Postby phreadom » Wed 01.21.2009 10:25 am

sei wrote:So I'm having that same problem today. I logged in just yesterday and was there most of the day. But now tried to log in and it's not letting me. It pops up an error after a bit saying the reasons might be: I put a wrong password (I know mine is correct since I just logged in yesterday) or, the account doesn't exist in the server. None of this can be...

Anyone having the same problem?

I "broke" it. :( Sorry! It's fixed now, but... (See my message in the shoutbox)

Basically I had to update the chat server, so in the process I changed the domain name you need to enter from "chat.thejapanesepage.com" to just "thejapanesepage.com" to make it simpler. However, as a result everyone has to "sign up" again.

The chat page is updated fully to reflect this difference, so just go ahead and follow those instructions again and you'll be back in no time. Sorry again for the inconvenience! I figured it was better to fix this now before we get the web chat going and things really get busy.

:oops:

Let me know if you need any help.
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Postby sei » Wed 01.21.2009 10:37 am

Thanks for the reply!

I ended up doing a bit of exploring and trying out a new registration myself and saw that the old chat.thejapanesepage.com server wasn't working and then saw the new guide on TJP, so was able to figure it out. :)

Now hope everyone else actually comes and check the site for the news. :lol:
Questions? Feel free to ask. :)
sei

Native language: Portuguese

Return to Problems