Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Zune V.S IPod

Zune V.S IPod

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

Re: Zune V.S IPod

Postby chikara » Mon 06.23.2008 8:32 pm

kanadajin wrote:..... That's probably the reason I have no idea who Steve Jobs is :) .....

Not knowing who Paul Allen or Steve Wozniak are I can understand but Steve Jobs :shock:
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby kanadajin » Tue 06.24.2008 11:02 am

chikara wrote:
kanadajin wrote:..... That's probably the reason I have no idea who Steve Jobs is :) .....

Not knowing who Paul Allen or Steve Wozniak are I can understand but Steve Jobs :shock:

One cannot know all, and as I said, I know who he is, I just didn't know his name.
kanadajin

Postby Ukeath » Mon 06.30.2008 8:34 pm

I have the 4 gig Zune. At first it was great, but now I am considering buying an Ipod. After every 5 songs or so the mp3 player literally restarts, usually in the middle of a song. It sucks because you have to wait to stop to turn it back on. Today on the way to school at the end of a song it just froze, and it's still sitting there 12 hours later. This is the 3rd it has froze on me.
I like Microsoft too, but the Ipod is durable and I have never seen one act up like this. Hope this helps.

Ukeath
Ukeath

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 07.01.2008 9:45 am

without knowing more about how you care for you zune, the above posted info really doesn't help.. If you keep it pristine or if you throw it around will make a huge difference on whether or not your zune is in good condition or just an old busted up piece of crap.
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby kanadajin » Tue 07.01.2008 10:46 am

Ukeath wrote:I have the 4 gig Zune. At first it was great, but now I am considering buying an Ipod. After every 5 songs or so the mp3 player literally restarts, usually in the middle of a song. It sucks because you have to wait to stop to turn it back on. Today on the way to school at the end of a song it just froze, and it's still sitting there 12 hours later. This is the 3rd it has froze on me.
I like Microsoft too, but the Ipod is durable and I have never seen one act up like this. Hope this helps.

Ukeath

I agree with two_heads.
I have no idea what you did to your Zune, or perhaps you didn't do anything. Got unlucky and got a defect, but my zune works fine.

I bought it about 4-5 days ago.. I think. The Red 80GB I have about 300 songs on it so far, going to put videos on it, and it works fine. I listen to it for hours and hours at work and on my way there. I had it on for about 9 hours straight once and there was nothing wrong. Except for the songs I

I love it, the navigation is so much better than the Ipod it looks better, and the screen is huge :D The only thing that I dislike about it is that it doesn't display the time. However that's irrelevant and I can live without that.

I think that the Zune > Ipod anyday.
Obviously there are features on the Ipod I like, and I wish they had on the Zune like games, and time. But the wireless sync and the ability to download songs from a friend with a Zune is amazing. Also the radio which displays the current song playing is amazing.
kanadajin

Postby Ukeath » Tue 07.01.2008 5:26 pm

Yeah I'm sorry I should have stated what condition it is in. Anyway it's like near mint. I charge it and then it's back to the car.
I probably got a bad one out of the batch. Glad to here your's is awesome
Ukeath

Postby Musiflare » Tue 07.01.2008 8:04 pm

Well, everything I've had made by Macintosh has darned near commit suicide on me--I went through three separate iPods in the span of about 6 months due to hard drive failures. That, and I just flat out loathe iTunes for the fact that I have to pay to listen to music with restrictions on it when I could just well go out and buy the CD for slightly more expensive (or cheaper, depends on where I bought it) virtually restriction free. I lost my AIM password and subsequently lost about $50 worth of music.

My Zune so far as done really well--no problems, knock on wood. It's a little bulky (it's the original 30gb one), but I have seen newer ones in stores that are much smaller.

They also have the Creative Zen out there that I have heard very good things about, so I'd also look there if I were you.
Musiflare

Native language: 英語

Postby two_heads_talking » Wed 07.02.2008 9:47 am

Ukeath wrote:Yeah I'm sorry I should have stated what condition it is in. Anyway it's like near mint. I charge it and then it's back to the car.

it should still be under warranty, you should check that out and send it back if it is still covered.
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby kanadajin » Wed 07.02.2008 8:12 pm

two_heads_talking wrote:
Ukeath wrote:Yeah I'm sorry I should have stated what condition it is in. Anyway it's like near mint. I charge it and then it's back to the car.

it should still be under warranty, you should check that out and send it back if it is still covered.

Well I'm only saying this based on the newer versions.
But I don't think his warranty is valid any longer, in fact I don't think there is a warranty on the products, besides the 30day return policy of stores.
You have to purchase the warranty either 2 or 3 years. approximately $50-70.

If Ukeath already stated he bought a warranty and I missed it, I apologize.
kanadajin

Previous

Return to General off topic