Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - DIABLO3!!!

DIABLO3!!!

Discuss games, Japanese as well as non-Japanese.

DIABLO3!!!

Postby kanadajin » Sun 06.29.2008 6:10 pm

Holy smoking potato pie, blueberry elephants in small refrigerated packages imported from WHOA LAND.
DIABLO 3, HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY. (ACTUALLY IT'S NOT SO HOLY) BUT WHOOOOOA.

Okay, I'm sorry :P but, OMG I can't believe it, diablo3.
I remember the good old days when I was addicted to Diablo2, and I just dreamed about D3 thinking they weren't even going to make one.

But yesterday, BLIZZARD RELEASED FOOTAGE OF DIABLO 3 GAMEPLAY! And some trailers. I'm so excited you couldn't even begin to comprehend, perhaps I've made a fraction of my joy obvious, and blunt. However it goes beyond that.

Sadly the release date hasn't been issued meaning the game wont be out for a while, or perhaps it will but that's very improbable.

So far the characters revealed consist of:
The returning Barbarian & the all new Witch Doctor, who is a cross between the previous D2Expansion Druid and Necromancer.

I don't know who here has played D2 or still does, but I'm sure all of which who did are equally excited, maybe not equally. But, meh.

Go watch the gameplay and trailer footage and tell me what you think. It can be found on the Blizzard site, or youtube, or any other video streaming site i'm sure.
kanadajin

Re: DIABLO3!!!

Postby JaySee » Mon 06.30.2008 6:30 am

This reminds me of one of my friends who used to be heavily addicted to diablo 2. Whenever I went to his place to hang out with him, he was pretty much always playing the game and there usually wasn't anything for me to do except to watch him play for another hour or so. Personally I think the game is rather boring, and extremely repetetive, and diablo 3 will probably be similar. I hope my friend doesn't get wind of this, it might lead him to a new addiction for the coming years.
JaySee

Native language: Dutch

Postby kanadajin » Mon 06.30.2008 10:04 am

JaySee wrote:This reminds me of one of my friends who used to be heavily addicted to diablo 2. Whenever I went to his place to hang out with him, he was pretty much always playing the game and there usually wasn't anything for me to do except to watch him play for another hour or so. Personally I think the game is rather boring, and extremely repetetive, and diablo 3 will probably be similar. I hope my friend doesn't get wind of this, it might lead him to a new addiction for the coming years.

Yeah that really pisses me off, a lot of my friends are always telling me to come over and then when I do they just sit there and play games.

Diablo was not really repetitive, if you knew how to play. The only part I would consider repetitive is when you finish a difficulty, because then you had to do the exact same thing over again but just harder.
Then you could go to the cow level, do uber diablo or baal, mephisto, etc... And if you really got bored of that you could go on open-battle.net which I thought was REALLY boring, because everyone was indestructible basically, but on the other hand some of the hacks were really cool. And some of the mods.

I heard from someone that once you beat a difficulty on D3 you don't repeat all the levels it brings you to a whole new place and you go on from there. However I have extreme doubts in that because I don't know how he would have found that out unless he knows someone who works there(which I'm pretty sure he doesn't.), because they haven't released any information regarding or hinting that.

I can understand why you thought watching D2 was boring, but playing is a whole different experience, even single player was fun... To some extent. I could probably download the game again right now and still have fun playing.

But honestly D3 is going to be SO much better, if you look at the first diablo and compare it to the second the changes were mind blowing. Diablo2 is also in fact a very old game, VERY. which amazes me because the graphics are actually really good. and Diablo3 is going to be about 10X better then Diablo2 was when it first came out compared to Diablo1. Now of course I don't know that, but I wouldn't mind betting on it. And I'm not just saying that from a fans perspective.

When it comes out you should try it, or try Diablo2. Because you can't rate a game you haven't played, unless you have, which you didn't make clear. But from a gamers point of a view, not a fanboy I recommend the game.
kanadajin

Postby Ukeath » Mon 06.30.2008 8:38 pm

I only got to chapter 3 on D2. The announcement of D3 really makes we want to finish the game.
Ukeath

Postby kanadajin » Tue 07.01.2008 2:36 pm

Ukeath wrote:I only got to chapter 3 on D2. The announcement of D3 really makes we want to finish the game.

In the first difficulty? You really need to finish the game :P
What did you think of D2?
kanadajin

Postby Ukeath » Tue 07.01.2008 5:28 pm

From what I played it seemed really cool. I heard there was a lot of hacking when playing online so I never tried it.
I think I just might install it now! :D
Ukeath

Postby shinzou » Wed 07.02.2008 10:10 am

Diablo 2 was a sick game.
I'm kind of mad though for them releasing the new patch, thus sending my three level 90 charaters (Light sorc, doing 24K, Hdin doing 9K, Trapsin doing 5K) into the abyss that is non-ladder. Open died a long time ago, when the D2sPirate.dll file was released by Darksun, however, Open is still fun as far as tesing your mock PI (physical immune) and other PI builds.

After watching the gameplay trailer for Diablo 3, I was pleased and dissapointed at the same time. The perspective is still third person, which I do like, however they didn't incorperate the option to go into more of a first person view, similar to guild wars. That would have been nice.

My final thought was that, by rights, Diablo 3 actually shouldn't be in produciton (I'm not complaining, just hear me out).
The people who made the series actually left Blizzard - Blizzard North - and went off to form Hellgate: London.
Interesting that Blizzard picked up and dusted off an old project.

If anyone sees me IG, my handle is War-Child. Drop me a line.
shinzou

Postby kanadajin » Wed 07.02.2008 8:26 pm

Ukeath wrote:From what I played it seemed really cool. I heard there was a lot of hacking when playing online so I never tried it.
I think I just might install it now! :D

There was three types of playing methods(as far as I know)
Single Player
Open-Battle.net(which is single player, online)
and Battle.net

Open-battle.net was the method where everyone hacked, and it was extremely boring because everyone was invincible, I remember when I first started playing open I had no idea that it was a hack server. And I would just go into the wilderness and I would die, wondering why this was happening(I didn't know it was some crazy lvl 34896398 aura.)

shinzou wrote:Diablo 2 was a sick game.
I'm kind of mad though for them releasing the new patch, thus sending my three level 90 charaters (Light sorc, doing 24K, Hdin doing 9K, Trapsin doing 5K) into the abyss that is non-ladder. Open died a long time ago, when the D2sPirate.dll file was released by Darksun, however, Open is still fun as far as tesing your mock PI (physical immune) and other PI builds.

After watching the gameplay trailer for Diablo 3, I was pleased and dissapointed at the same time. The perspective is still third person, which I do like, however they didn't incorperate the option to go into more of a first person view, similar to guild wars. That would have been nice.

My final thought was that, by rights, Diablo 3 actually shouldn't be in produciton (I'm not complaining, just hear me out).
The people who made the series actually left Blizzard - Blizzard North - and went off to form Hellgate: London.
Interesting that Blizzard picked up and dusted off an old project.

If anyone sees me IG, my handle is War-Child. Drop me a line.

Lightning sorc's were incredible, harder, but better. I always made cold, except I had an amazing fire once, it did about 30k(i THINK)

I never liked hammerdins, when I would duel them they could never hit me, because their hammers kept missing. Assasins were my specialty (martial art) my kicks would be deadly ;)
I could kill baal one kick...... In normal :P :D

So I don't get it, what happened to open?
people just stopped playing or did it crash? Was it deleted....
And I was wondering why D3 was in production so long, I only thought the head of the diablo team left not everyone.

And you never know perhaps 1st person will be added, there's still a long way to go. However I don't like 1st person in games like Diablo. 1st person is for FPS and basically just action games, not RPGs or adventure. But everyone has their own opinions and I respect yours.
kanadajin

Postby shinzou » Wed 07.02.2008 9:09 pm

kanadajin wrote:... I don't get it, what happened to open?
people just stopped playing or did it crash? Was it deleted....

Open didn't crash, or anything related to the servers. USEast is still perhaps the most active. However, since the patch 1.02, the number of players has been on a steady decline. This is because of the creation of mods (third party programs such as corpse popper, blackbird's, VIRAZ, etc) as well as a few discoveries that were made in PI. Over the patches, and even up to the former 1.12a patch, players continue to leave because of cheap builds such as Funki PI (dies only to Baal Mana Rift as well as a few tricks I know :P), Munki PI, Life Lock (LL), and Greif PI. Most players don't understand how to create a decent build, such as a Mock PI, and therefore become frustrated and quit, or download a clone (a character someone else has made) version of a Funki PI (best example is probably my friend's own clone, the War-God 1.09 Funki) and become one of the cheap players.

Few of us kept on, and actually took time to discover counters to the infamous Funki's ability to kill in less than a second, but the operative word being few.
shinzou

Postby Ukeath » Thu 07.03.2008 8:03 pm

Bad news... I tried to install it and as soon as I get to the play screen I get some error. It's something (0000005). I looked it up and I guess there is no way to fix it. Looks like I will have to wait for D3 :(
Ukeath

Postby evil_angel420 » Fri 08.22.2008 5:17 am

I watched some gameplay of this. It looks so awesome. I love the death animations
evil_angel420

Return to Games