Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Immigrating to Japan.

Immigrating to Japan.

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

Immigrating to Japan.

Postby Astral Abraxas » Thu 07.03.2008 1:33 am

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to and willing to provide me information on the immigration process for Japan. I'm sure it varies with each country in terms of difficulty but basically what I am wondering is a few things:

1) Is it really necessary to have a degree?
2) How would I go about lining up a job before moving there?
3) If I'm not mistaken there are language schools there and it's not necessarily essential to be completely fluent in Japanese to live in Japan?

To be honest, I'm desperate for a change of scenery (I can't think of the word I'm looking for, but by "scenery" I mean: culture, people, and just a general way of life).
Astral Abraxas

Re: Immigrating to Japan.

Postby chikara » Thu 07.03.2008 1:40 am

I suggest you try the search function. This is a fairly regular question on these fora :)
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby spin13 » Thu 07.03.2008 8:40 am

Astral Abraxas wrote:To be honest, I'm desperate for a change of scenery (I can't think of the word I'm looking for, but by "scenery" I mean: culture, people, and just a general way of life).

Dear Sergio,

Run, run, run, all you do is %@*#ing run, but you'll never run away from yourself.
I know it’s hard but you’ve been there before and you know you’re gonna be there again.

Sincerely,
World
You're probably not as smart as you think.
Unskilled and Unaware
spin13

Native language: English

Postby mandypandy275 » Sun 08.17.2008 1:04 am

hope you get to reach your goal and move i knwo what you mean ....to change scenery i think about that too i just want to starty on a clean slate and see how it goes from there.
mandypandy275

Postby Yudan Taiteki » Sun 08.17.2008 7:39 am

As chikara said, you should search the forum -- but I'll give you quick answers to your three questions.

Astral Abraxas wrote:1) Is it really necessary to have a degree?

Technically no, but I would say that for all intents and purposes, if you're not sure whether or not you need a degree, you need one.

2) How would I go about lining up a job before moving there?

Without a degree? I have no idea. With a degree, English teaching is probably your best best.

3) If I'm not mistaken there are language schools there and it's not necessarily essential to be completely fluent in Japanese to live in Japan?

Do you have the money to pay for life in Japan, plus a language school tuition?
-Chris Kern
Yudan Taiteki

Native language: English

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan