Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Japanese game scripts

Japanese game scripts

Discuss games, Japanese as well as non-Japanese.

Japanese game scripts

Postby hellfirebg » Wed 07.09.2008 9:59 am

For a while now, I've been searching for the game scripts of Metal Gear Solid, FInal Fantasy VII and other games in japanese but so far I've had no luck in doing so. All I managed to find was a fairly short text dump of FFVII, which was concentrated solely on Sephiroth's language. This is what it looks like - http://www.chevalier.jp/kakuri/language.html#1

However, I need the whole game script and not only for this game, but for others of the franchise like FFVIII, FFIX, FFX and so on. I'm also a big fan of Persona 3, so I'd be very grateful If someone can aid me in my search for game scripts in Japanese. ありがとうございます!

I forgot to mention that I need them for educational purposes only! :mrgreen:
hellfirebg

Re: Japanese game scripts

Postby yukamina » Wed 07.09.2008 4:59 pm

yukamina

Postby hellfirebg » Thu 07.10.2008 7:00 am

Whoa, I love you xD

That's very interesting, I should try that method when searching for other game scripts. By the way, did you google the sentencens in English or in Japanese? It really made me curious :) .
hellfirebg

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 07.10.2008 11:12 am

hellfirebg wrote:Whoa, I love you xD

That's very interesting, I should try that method when searching for other game scripts. By the way, did you google the sentencens in English or in Japanese? It really made me curious :) .

did you try any searches in English or japanese before you posted? I have my doubts... :?
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby Yudan Taiteki » Thu 07.10.2008 11:49 am

I think it's very rare for people to do searching on their own before they ask questions; I can't count the number of questions I've seen on message boards that could be answered by a simple google search, wikipedia search, or dictionary search.
-Chris Kern
Yudan Taiteki

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 07.10.2008 11:59 am

Yudan Taiteki wrote:I think it's very rare for people to do searching on their own before they ask questions; I can't count the number of questions I've seen on message boards that could be answered by a simple google search, wikipedia search, or dictionary search.

Yeah, my point exactly. I realize that one can't just rely on internet information, but with credible sources, dictionaries, encyclopedias, and other reliable information, it just makes sense to at least make an attempt and then ask questions about what you don't understand. I suppose it's easier to post on a forum and wait three days for a response and then just clicky clicky than do any work for themselves.. :evil:
two_heads_talking

Postby hellfirebg » Thu 07.10.2008 12:28 pm

If you read my first post, I clearly said that I'd already tryied to find the game scripts, but unfortunately I had no luck. I googled many english combinations of search words and then decided to make an attempt of typing (the name of he game) + 台詞 but I still found nothing useful. I just got surprised at the method yukamina to help me and asked her a simple question. Was I supposed to look for the game scripts in an encyclopedia, dictionary, etc.?

I don't see why you had to jump to conclusions, even though you hadn't done anything to aid me in my search. I respect you people for the work you do here, helping all who are in need, and I know that you are all probably fed up with people who want infromation without even making the slightest effort, but that's not the case with me.
hellfirebg

Postby yukamina » Thu 07.10.2008 12:51 pm

Some of the links I got from another forum, the rest I got from this site http://lunar.littlestar.jp/stardust/english/index.html (which I found in a failed search for anime scripts)

If you're looking for Japanese scripts, you'd google a Japanese sentence ;)
yukamina

Postby hellfirebg » Fri 07.11.2008 7:09 am

Thanks once again for all your help, I just managed to find my favorite game's script : FFX ^^
http://ningyo3.hp.infoseek.co.jp/game/ffxtop.htm
Hope I find the Persina 3 one, too. Wish me luck!
hellfirebg

Return to Games