Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Study Plan/Plan of attack

Study Plan/Plan of attack

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Study Plan/Plan of attack

Postby leonl » Tue 07.15.2008 6:39 pm

I have until September 26th to prepare my self for second year Japanese. A little background about my previous study of Japanese. I took a combined total of three and half years between middle and high school, Right now I am taking an intensive paced beginning Japanese class which covers the first two quarters of first year Japanese the first two thirds of the Yookoso text book. Long story short I need to convince an adviser and the Japanese teacher that I can handle second year Japanese. What should I study during the month I have off between summer and fall quarter.

Textbooks I have
Genki 1
Yookoso
And Both workbooks
How sweet life would be if korean in origin were playstation, anime and Wii
http://lang-8.com/92836
leonl

Native language: 英語

Re: Study Plan/Plan of attack

Postby richvh » Tue 07.15.2008 7:09 pm

Does the course you're trying to get into use Youkoso? If so, I'd concentrate on that.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby leonl » Tue 07.15.2008 7:16 pm

richvh wrote:Does the course you're trying to get into use Youkoso? If so, I'd concentrate on that.
I'm not sure I think it still uses Nakama 2. The first year class just switched over to yookoso. Different teachers, Different campuses, But same school, same systems
How sweet life would be if korean in origin were playstation, anime and Wii
http://lang-8.com/92836
leonl

Native language: 英語

Postby HarajukuxBoy » Thu 07.17.2008 9:53 am

The first thing I would do, is I would find out what textbook(s) the Japanese 2 class will be using. Once you find that out, you can study out of that textbook to give you a head start. Other than that, you can make sure you know the information from the textbook you used for the other class well. As long as you are confident with the information from last class you should do well in the new class, if of course they fall into each other, which they should.
HarajukuxBoy

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips