Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Just to show where I'm at.

Just to show where I'm at.

Feel free to practice writing in Japanese or romaji. Help each other out with corrections or replying back in Japanese

Just to show where I'm at.

Postby Sotiros » Fri 08.01.2008 3:26 am

This is just to show anyone who is interested how far I am in learning. I just started a few days ago, so give me any tips or anything that you can!

こばんは! 私はソチロスです。 十七さいです。 日本語がすきですか。 アメリカ人です。 英語といくらかのスペイン語が話せます。 ねこがすき、 でも私のいぬあいします。 かれはブラキーです。

That isn't all that I have learned, I just honestly didn't know what to say. Like I said though, I only started a few days ago. I can count into the 10,000s. I know the question words and particles too. The kanji shown are the only ones I know, except I also know all the kanji for the numbers. Please, feel free to criticize and give your advice! Also, if anyone could direct me to a good place to widen my vocabulary, that would be great.

どうもありがとうございます。
~Sotiros
BANZAI!
Sotiros

Re: Just to show where I'm at.

Postby Harisenbon » Fri 08.01.2008 3:37 am

Sotiros wrote:ばんは! 私はソチロスです。 十七さいです。 日本語がすきですか? アメリカ人です。 英語とすこしスペイン語が話せます。 ねこがすきけど、 私のいぬがだいすきです。 かれのなまえはブラキーです。

Welcome to TJP!
I've corrected a few points, but over-all it looks very good! Especially for only a few days!

いくら -- How much, not a little
あいします is not used much by the Japanese, and almost never towards pets (other than the word 愛犬 aiken). 大好き is better, I think.
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby Sotiros » Fri 08.01.2008 4:10 am

Thank you! Actually, I feel like a dork, because I didn't mean to put the か in 「日本語がすきですか?」, so I omitted the か and changed it back into a statement. Typo! Ha. Thanks for helping me out, I am using an older dictionary and sometimes it isn't the greatest thing. As for 「英語とすこしスペイン語が話せます。」, does すこし also mean "some", aside from only "a little bit"?

こんばんは! 私はソチロスです。 十七さいです。 日本語がすきです。 アメリカ人です。 英語とすこしスペイン語が話せます。 ねこがすきけど、 私のいぬがだいすきです。 かれのなまえはブラキーです。

Thank you very much for helping me out, Harisenbon! Thank you for the compliment too! Maybe, if you don't mind, you could help me out by being a pen pal/study buddy for me and help me keep learning? That would be very much appreciated, and if not, that is totally fine! Thanks again!

どうもありがとうございます。
~Sotiros

EDIT: けど is another word for "but", correct? Thanks!
BANZAI!
Sotiros

Postby Harisenbon » Fri 08.01.2008 4:17 am

Sotiros wrote:does すこし also mean "some", aside from only "a little bit"?

I believe that "some" and "a little bit" have the same meaning in English.
"I'll have some cake"
"I'll have a little bit of cake"
"I speak some Spanish"
"I speak a little bit of Spanish"

Sotiros wrote: Maybe, if you don't mind, you could help me out by being a pen pal/study buddy for me and help me keep learning?

I wish I had the time. ;) But I'm sure there are a lot of people on here who would love to be your study buddy.
You should check out the chat as well. I sometimes get a chance to go in there, and there are always people willing to help out with questions.

Good luck with your Japanese!
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby Sotiros » Fri 08.01.2008 4:25 am

Thanks! See, I knew they had the same meaning in English, but Japanese is another language and I wasn't sure.

Oh, thats fine! ^__^ I already posted a stud partner/ pen pal/ study buddy thing earlier and maybe I will get another hit. Thank you very much though for helping me out!

どうもありがとうございます。
~Sotiros
BANZAI!
Sotiros

Return to 日本語の練習 (Practice Japanese)