Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - How can one learn Japanese when one doesn't have a chance to

How can one learn Japanese when one doesn't have a chance to

The test - experiences, questions or comments

How can one learn Japanese when one doesn't have a chance to

Postby s0n9al » Mon 10.24.2005 5:18 am

As one knows, learning a language requires one to speak it often to become fluent in it...but in my condition here, I'm not given any, how am I supposed to improve on it?? I'm extremely troubled about this...:(
Last edited by s0n9al on Mon 10.24.2005 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
s0n9al

RE: How can one learn Japanese when one doesn't have a chanc

Postby Ongakuka » Mon 10.24.2005 5:44 am

Yes, I'm quite familliar with this problem. Firstly, do plenty of studying from resources like books, and this site. Secondly, try to find a Japanese friend who you can practice conversations with. This is sometimes very hard, if there are no japanese people in your area, but don't give up!

がんばって!!
なぜなら、おまえは・・・・・・人形だ
Ongakuka

Postby s0n9al » Mon 10.24.2005 5:54 am

Thanks for your advice!;) Hope it works ...:P
s0n9al

Postby Qbe » Mon 10.24.2005 7:42 am

"Speaking Japanese" can consist of two slightly different components: speaking Japanese (to get a feel for the language, learn vocabulary and grammar, and improve your enunciation) and speaking Japanese with others (to practice and polish your skill in the language).

You can take component 1 quite far by yourself using audio courses (tape, CD, etc). The Pimsleur Japanese course (check your library) gives you lots and lots of practice in hearing and imitating speakers of Japanese to build up your repertoire.

For component 2 you need to find native speakers with whom to practice. For real-life people you can check with your local ESL teachers, sister-cities organization, maybe school system. If you really don't have any Japanese near you but do have an internet connection, check out Skype, a voice over internet service which will let you speak with other Skype users for free. Then sign up at The Mixxer to meet Japanese Skype users who want to help you practice Japanese.

Even in areas where no Japanese people live, you can still learn and practice speaking Japanese. Have fun!
Qbe

Return to Japanese Language Proficiency Test