Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Inverted way of life

Inverted way of life

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

Re: Inverted way of life

Postby AJBryant » Wed 08.27.2008 12:23 pm

The urinal is the thing on your left (the LOW porcelain fixture). The sink is on the right (the HIGH porcelain fixture). The similarity of design of the two, while aesthetically ideal, is kinda... scary.

Tony
AJBryant
Site Admin

Native language: English

Postby two_heads_talking » Wed 08.27.2008 2:51 pm

becki_kanou wrote:I think it may be a matter of different browsers. The whole picture doesn't show for me unless I double click it, and in the original pic I saw the sinks are not visible at all. Perhaps THT saw it the same way?

even clicking on it doesn't help. the urinal is of course cut off from view by the privacy wall, but all I see of the sink is the lip of it..

however in viewing it while I replied to this, I can actually see two sinks now, and one of them does have the faucets in question.

Now, that does bring up the question though, The only time I remember seeing any types of faucets on a toilet were on bidets, although those sinks would never be confused with a bidet.. or at least I'd hope they wouldn't.. lol
two_heads_talking

Postby chikara » Wed 08.27.2008 9:00 pm

Mike Cash wrote:Do all Australian urinals have two faucets?

No. Only the ones in upmarket buildings come with taps (faucets) and a mirror.

AJBryant wrote:The urinal is the thing on your left (the LOW porcelain fixture). The sink is on the right (the HIGH porcelain fixture). The similarity of design of the two, while aesthetically ideal, is kinda... scary.

I'm lucky I'm 1.85m tall (6' 1"). Short people have to stand on tippy toes to pee in the sink :mrgreen:
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby Mike Cash » Thu 08.28.2008 11:39 am

chikara wrote:I'm lucky I'm 1.85m tall (6' 1"). Short people have to stand on tippy toes to pee in the sink :mrgreen:

I'm 189cm tall and will never forget the experience of stopping off at a truck stop somewhere in Texas and having to stand on my tippy toes.....to pee in the urinal. Some Texans take that "Everything's bigger in Texas" crap entirely too seriously.
Never underestimate my capacity for pettiness.
Mike Cash

Previous

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan