Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - how long would it take to read manga in japanese?

how long would it take to read manga in japanese?

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

Re: how long would it take to read manga in japanese?

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 08.28.2008 9:26 am

myles1260 wrote:^

I know i'm only fourteen, (snippity snippers) When I grew wiser and realized it was better, .

Why am I feeling a chuckle come over me? Could it be the 14/wiser combination?

:wink: :wink:
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby myles1260 » Thu 08.28.2008 10:17 am

You know, just because I'm relatively young compared to a few people on here, does not mean I could have gained wisdom or could have been enlightened in ONE area. I just used 'When I got wiser...' to explain that I realized manga was more fun to me than anime, usually. It's just an expression. For example, yesterday, my former band teacher said, "Saxophone was my first instrument... Then I got wiser." He said that because he hates saxophone players (I'm one, lol). I don't think he's a particularly wise or tolerant person, but he said that only to convey that he had a realization that he did not like saxophone. Thank God I don't have to deal with him much anymore. He just happened to be at my high school, where I was at yesterday.

Did I explain it right?
myles1260

Postby Mike Cash » Thu 08.28.2008 11:26 am

I could have stated my point more directly by saying that the strong probability is that long before you reach the level of being able to read Naruto in the way you envision it you will have burned out and gone on to some new interest.

But I didn't want to sound discouraging. And that is just probability, which applies to populations quite well and not quite so well to individuals. Maybe you'll be one of those rare teens who sticks with it. I certainly wish you all the best with it.
Never underestimate my capacity for pettiness.
Mike Cash

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 08.28.2008 11:54 am

myles1260 wrote:You know, just because I'm relatively young compared to a few people on here, does not mean I could have gained wisdom or could have been enlightened in ONE area. I just used 'When I got wiser...' to explain that I realized manga was more fun to me than anime, usually. It's just an expression. For example, yesterday, my former band teacher said, "Saxophone was my first instrument... Then I got wiser." He said that because he hates saxophone players (I'm one, lol). I don't think he's a particularly wise or tolerant person, but he said that only to convey that he had a realization that he did not like saxophone. Thank God I don't have to deal with him much anymore. He just happened to be at my high school, where I was at yesterday.

Did I explain it right?

Your explanation wasn't entirely necessary. What I was suggesting, is that no matter how wise you think you are at 14, time and experience will be the indicator as to how wise you are/have become. In other words, you will have plenty of time to become wise as you experience many new things..

And I'd suggest you are relatively young compared to "quite a few people on here".. :wink:

A wise man knows everything and a shrew man knows everyone..
two_heads_talking

Postby myles1260 » Thu 08.28.2008 4:55 pm

^ I see.
Oh and Mike Cash, thanks. I'm entirely sure I won't just 'give it up.' I can totally see myself reading Naruto and shounen manga 6 years from now, lol. Thanks for wishing me luck though. I wish the foolish book would just arrive so I could start... Oh well.
myles1260

Previous

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions