Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Tsushima mo Abunai!

Tsushima mo Abunai!

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

Tsushima mo Abunai!

Postby vkladchik » Sat 08.30.2008 8:24 am

Here's an interestingly sensationalist article on the Korean "takeover" of Tsushima.

http://www.zakzak.co.jp/top/200808/t2008082924_all.html

Japanese expression of nationalist sentiment never seems to evolve, or gain nuance.
/v   http://soul-sides.com   /~\
User avatar
vkladchik
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri 08.08.2008 3:28 pm
Native language: Spanish

Re: Tsushima mo Abunai!

Postby coco » Sat 08.30.2008 8:36 am

vkladchik さん、
当然フォーラムルールをご覧になった上での投稿だと思いますが、
政治の話題は宗教の話題とともにふさわしくないとされていますので、充分にご配慮ください。
6: We request that you do not discuss religion or politics, even in the off topic section, in order to reduce needless friction.
coco
 
Posts: 3061
Joined: Mon 05.30.2005 12:43 am
Location: 東京都
Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

Re: Tsushima mo Abunai!

Postby vkladchik » Sat 08.30.2008 10:00 am

coco wrote:vkladchik さん、
当然フォーラムルールをご覧になった上での投稿だと思いますが、
政治の話題は宗教の話題とともにふさわしくないとされていますので、充分にご配慮ください。
6: We request that you do not discuss religion or politics, even in the off topic section, in order to reduce needless friction.

_| ̄|(、ン、)オソレイッタ...

投稿拒否になってしまいそう。。。(臭いギャグでごまかすなって?)

そこで質問!日本史・日本文化という枠組み内での「宗教」に関する投稿は大丈夫ですか。たとえば、今Ernest Satowの「神道論」という本を読んでいるのですが、それについても投稿したらダメですか。
/v   http://soul-sides.com   /~\
User avatar
vkladchik
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri 08.08.2008 3:28 pm
Native language: Spanish

Re: Tsushima mo Abunai!

Postby richvh » Sat 08.30.2008 10:21 am

Japanese religion and politics are on topic, as long as they are presented and discussed neutrally. I'm sure you'll agree that:
Japanese expression of nationalist sentiment never seems to evolve, or gain nuance.

isn't exactly neutral. What we're trying to avoid with that rule is divisive religious and/or political debate.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh
 
Posts: 6451
Joined: Thu 09.29.2005 10:35 pm

Re: Tsushima mo Abunai!

Postby Garappachi » Sat 08.30.2008 11:41 am

vkladchik wrote:
coco wrote:vkladchik さん、
当然フォーラムルールをご覧になった上での投稿だと思いますが、
政治の話題は宗教の話題とともにふさわしくないとされていますので、充分にご配慮ください。
6: We request that you do not discuss religion or politics, even in the off topic section, in order to reduce needless friction.

_| ̄|(、ン、)オソレイッタ...

投稿拒否になってしまいそう。。。(臭いギャグでごまかすなって?)

残念ながら、これは洒落になってませんなぁ・・・。
Garappachi
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Mon 06.11.2007 6:52 am
Location: 関西
Native language: にほんご
Gender: Male

Re: Tsushima mo Abunai!

Postby coco » Sat 08.30.2008 11:57 am

richvh wrote:Japanese religion and politics are on topic, as long as they are presented and discussed neutrally.

これに関しては、見解を頂戴しておりません。
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=9290
coco
 
Posts: 3061
Joined: Mon 05.30.2005 12:43 am
Location: 東京都
Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

Re: Tsushima mo Abunai!

Postby vkladchik » Sat 08.30.2008 3:44 pm

richvh wrote:Japanese religion and politics are on topic, as long as they are presented and discussed neutrally. I'm sure you'll agree that:
Japanese expression of nationalist sentiment never seems to evolve, or gain nuance.

isn't exactly neutral. What we're trying to avoid with that rule is divisive religious and/or political debate.

When you're right, you're right.
/v   http://soul-sides.com   /~\
User avatar
vkladchik
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri 08.08.2008 3:28 pm
Native language: Spanish

Re: Tsushima mo Abunai!

Postby Mike Cash » Sat 08.30.2008 7:51 pm

You can be right in a quarrel in a bar too, but the management will still ask you to take it outside.
Never underestimate my capacity for pettiness.
User avatar
Mike Cash
 
Posts: 2737
Joined: Sun 08.20.2006 3:38 am
Native language: English

Re: Tsushima mo Abunai!

Postby Wakannai » Sat 08.30.2008 9:32 pm

Spot on as usual.
Wakannai
 
Posts: 658
Joined: Thu 10.18.2007 6:38 am

Re: Tsushima mo Abunai!

Postby vkladchik » Sat 08.30.2008 9:45 pm

Mike Cash wrote:You can be right in a quarrel in a bar too, but the management will still ask you to take it outside.

Except in this case I'm telling management that they're right, right? So I don't understand what you're getting at.

Edit: Oh, you thought I meant "I" by "you"? No, no, no. If I meant "I," I would've written "I." I was telling whoever it was that said that what I wrote wasn't neutral that he's right. It wasn't neutral, so obviously it didn't belong.

Edit 2: It was richvh.
/v   http://soul-sides.com   /~\
User avatar
vkladchik
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri 08.08.2008 3:28 pm
Native language: Spanish

Re: Tsushima mo Abunai!

Postby Mike Cash » Sat 08.30.2008 10:11 pm

vkladchik wrote:
Mike Cash wrote:You can be right in a quarrel in a bar too, but the management will still ask you to take it outside.

Except in this case I'm telling management that they're right, right? So I don't understand what you're getting at.

Edit: Oh, you thought I meant "I" by "you"? No, no, no. If I meant "I," I would've written "I." I was telling whoever it was that said that what I wrote wasn't neutral that he's right. It wasn't neutral, so obviously it didn't belong.


Normally I would have taken it as the way you meant it, but given your Idi Amin allusion and somewhat 開き直った attitude elsewhere I felt that you were probably just insisting that neutrality didn't matter since you were right.
Never underestimate my capacity for pettiness.
User avatar
Mike Cash
 
Posts: 2737
Joined: Sun 08.20.2006 3:38 am
Native language: English

Re: Tsushima mo Abunai!

Postby vkladchik » Sun 08.31.2008 9:22 am

Mike Cash wrote:Normally I would have taken it as the way you meant it, but given your Idi Amin allusion and somewhat 開き直った attitude elsewhere I felt that you were probably just insisting that neutrality didn't matter since you were right.

I only made that Idi Amin allusion because you were encouraging me (I'm kidding--you seem to get a lot of flack for not being the nicest person in this bar), but I was a bit harsh with Hevrae, which was obviously no good.
/v   http://soul-sides.com   /~\
User avatar
vkladchik
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri 08.08.2008 3:28 pm
Native language: Spanish


Return to General off topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dobsonpt and 10 guests