Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Podcasts

Podcasts

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Podcasts

Postby Wakannai » Sun 08.31.2008 5:27 am

Today I started exploring the podcast function of my itunes program. So I typed in Japanese to see what kind of Japanese learning podcasts they had, it turns out they had several.

So I start hitting random ones to check them out. Finally I figure out the interface and get to where I can view the video podcasts instead of just hearing them. Some are rather impressive so It's worth checking out for anyone interested.

What made my day though was when I clicked on Japancast.net's podcast. 76 lessons on file seemed pretty impressive. So after clicking on lesson one, I just fell into fits of laughter at the first sentence.

"Welcome to Japancast.net: Free Japanese lessons for anime otaku."

I haven't actually listened past the first sentence yet, I'm still laughing too hard, but I'll probably have to update my advice page and add podcasts to it. The Kyoto Japanese Language School has 10 video lessons where it uses Japanese subtitles (with furigana).

Right now I'm just making sure people are aware this resource is available--and sharing my mirth. Even if no one but me laughs.
Wakannai

Re: Podcasts

Postby clay » Sun 08.31.2008 8:20 am

I believe you can change your iTunes to Japan (at the bottom) and download Japanese podcasts too. You need a Japanese credit card to buy music, but I think you can subscribe to podcasts without one.

Also look around the Japanese video casts more. You might find Yuki there!
TheJapanShop.com- Japanese language learning materials
Checkout our iPhone apps: TheJapanesePage.com/iPhone
clay
Site Admin

Postby sushi4ever » Mon 09.01.2008 8:35 am

Haha, i also subscribed to Japancast 1 or 2 years ago, too bad they don't update that often as JapanesePod101...
They're quite entertaining unlike the Kyoto Japanese Language School ones which I kicked out of my subscriptions since they haven't updated the podcast in aaaages.

But well, my main Japanese language podcast is JP101, although I wish TJP had something like that too *hinthint* :P

And where's Yuki's podcast? I'd like to see/hear it!! :D

And keep the advices coming, Wakannai! Much appreciated! ^^
my japanese learning blog: http://pimpmysushi.livejournal.com
sushi4ever

Native language: German

Postby clay » Mon 09.01.2008 6:39 pm

And where's Yuki's podcast? I'd like to see/hear it!! :D

Since you are here at TJP, you can see them on the first four chapters of Yuki (http://www.thejapanesepage.com/audio/yuki_no_monogatari)

But if you want to download them, iTunes is probably best. Try a search in the podcasts for 'Yuki,' but I believe it pops up under a 'learn Japanese' search too.

But well, my main Japanese language podcast is JP101, although I wish TJP had something like that too *hinthint* :P

I'd like to make beginner podcasts. I finally figured out how to set my field recorder for voice. It wasn't that expensive, but I was a little disappointed in the sound quality until I found a setting for voice. Now it sounds great.
TheJapanShop.com- Japanese language learning materials
Checkout our iPhone apps: TheJapanesePage.com/iPhone
clay
Site Admin

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips