Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Online gaming with japanese??

Online gaming with japanese??

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Online gaming with japanese??

Postby Chibiotoko » Sun 10.23.2005 1:56 am

Has anyone tried online gaming with japanese. I remember I was playing cs once in a japanese server, everyone was talking Japanese. Maybe this would be a good way to practice.
Chibiotoko

RE: Online gaming with japanese??

Postby CajunCoder » Tue 10.25.2005 12:37 pm

Online games would be a great way to practice if you knew the language well enough to communicate decently. Have you heard of .hack? They made an online java chatroom/game you might want to check out. There are a lot of both english and japanese players, though I cant get my japanese to input properly in it, and also some of the japanese font (such as in-game options, and npc's dialogue) doesn't work for me. However, Im able to see actual player's japanese fonts, so you can still communicate with them.

Anyway, if you want to try it out, go to http://www.hack.channel.or.jp/ and click "Chat"
Last edited by CajunCoder on Tue 10.25.2005 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CajunCoder

Postby Chibiotoko » Thu 10.27.2005 1:26 am

Buy chat I mean voice chat
Chibiotoko

Postby ashitaka » Sun 10.30.2005 1:25 pm

play final fantasy X1
ashitaka

Postby Txkun » Tue 11.01.2005 6:49 pm

When I was playing FFXI there were pleny of Japanese players. And they are the best! :D Too bad the internal 'traslation' system was just a bunch of words. I tried to chat sometimes but was almost an year ago my Japanese was (mmhh is ;)) really awful.
Anyway I remember yet a Japanese girl tring to help me getting out of a dungeon. It was really great. She was so helpful and kind... really... it was a beautiful adventure. Too bad mmorpg can really ruin your social life :D sometime they leave you with wonderful memories of people and deeds.
Txkun

Native language: Italian

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips