Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Motivating Poster?

Motivating Poster?

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

Motivating Poster?

Postby Apex_ » Tue 09.02.2008 9:20 pm

Hi,
It may sound a bit odd but I would like to own a poster, preferably of the Kyoto area so that I can have it on my wall and remind myself of the ultimate goal of all this learning, thus providing some extra motivation.

Do any of you know anywhere where I might be able to get one. It is proving more difficult than it sounds. So far eBay have none and allposter is selling them for £25+ and really I was originally looking for something a bit cheaper, especially as most of them are propper prints you would frame and not just blue-tack to your wall.

Thanks.
Apex_

Re: Motivating Poster?

Postby chikara » Tue 09.02.2008 9:22 pm

Apex_ wrote:.... So far eBay have none and allposter is selling them for £25+ ....

Does that mean you are in the UK?
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby becki_kanou » Tue 09.02.2008 10:12 pm

Did you check amazonUK? I found a nice poster of Kinkakuji there for only £4.99.

Edit ==>spelling
Last edited by becki_kanou on Wed 09.03.2008 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
そうだ、嬉しいんだ、生きる喜び!
例え胸の傷が痛んでも。
becki_kanou

Skype chat: yes_becki
Native language: U.S. English, 米語

Postby two_heads_talking » Wed 09.03.2008 9:19 am

becki_kanou wrote:Did you check amazonUK? I found a nice poster of kinkakuji there for only £4.99.

that's an amazing poster.. Sometimes, living near the US capital makes me forget how beautiful many of the areas in Japan are/were..
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby becki_kanou » Wed 09.03.2008 9:25 am

two_heads_talking wrote:
becki_kanou wrote:Did you check amazonUK? I found a nice poster of Kinkakuji there for only £4.99.

That's an amazing poster. Sometimes, living near the US capital makes me forget how beautiful many of the areas in Japan are/were..

Indeed, Kyoto is one of my favorite places to visit. I especially love Ginkakuji, something about the sand gardens and the moss there really gets me. Speaking of moss, I'd love to visit Saihoji sometime too, but I heard that it's not just open to anyone and you have to go through quite a bit of rigamarole to get in.
そうだ、嬉しいんだ、生きる喜び!
例え胸の傷が痛んでも。
becki_kanou

Skype chat: yes_becki
Native language: U.S. English, 米語

Postby Apex_ » Wed 09.03.2008 10:32 am

Yeah I am in the Uk sorry I forgot to specify.

Thanks for the link becki_kanou I had seen that poster before and it will be what I opt for should nothing else turn up, but as far as variety goes I have only come accross 2 different types, including the one you have linked to. Thanks anyway though.

edit: having put in the search 'art poster Japan' in Amazon UK I have now found a lot more options. Odd, Thanks :D .
Apex_

Return to General off topic