Motivating Poster?

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.
Apex_

Motivating Poster?

Post by Apex_ » Tue 09.02.2008 9:20 pm

Hi,
It may sound a bit odd but I would like to own a poster, preferably of the Kyoto area so that I can have it on my wall and remind myself of the ultimate goal of all this learning, thus providing some extra motivation.

Do any of you know anywhere where I might be able to get one. It is proving more difficult than it sounds. So far eBay have none and allposter is selling them for £25+ and really I was originally looking for something a bit cheaper, especially as most of them are propper prints you would frame and not just blue-tack to your wall.

Thanks.

chikara
Native language: English (Australian)

Re: Motivating Poster?

Post by chikara » Tue 09.02.2008 9:22 pm

Apex_ wrote:.... So far eBay have none and allposter is selling them for £25+ ....
Does that mean you are in the UK?
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there

becki_kanou
Skype chat: yes_becki
Native language: U.S. English, 米語

Post by becki_kanou » Tue 09.02.2008 10:12 pm

Did you check amazonUK? I found a nice poster of Kinkakuji there for only £4.99.

Edit ==>spelling
Last edited by becki_kanou on Wed 09.03.2008 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
そうだ、嬉しいんだ、生きる喜び!
例え胸の傷が痛んでも。

two_heads_talking
Native language: English

Post by two_heads_talking » Wed 09.03.2008 9:19 am

becki_kanou wrote:Did you check amazonUK? I found a nice poster of kinkakuji there for only £4.99.
that's an amazing poster.. Sometimes, living near the US capital makes me forget how beautiful many of the areas in Japan are/were..

becki_kanou
Skype chat: yes_becki
Native language: U.S. English, 米語

Post by becki_kanou » Wed 09.03.2008 9:25 am

two_heads_talking wrote:
becki_kanou wrote:Did you check amazonUK? I found a nice poster of Kinkakuji there for only £4.99.
That's an amazing poster. Sometimes, living near the US capital makes me forget how beautiful many of the areas in Japan are/were..
Indeed, Kyoto is one of my favorite places to visit. I especially love Ginkakuji, something about the sand gardens and the moss there really gets me. Speaking of moss, I'd love to visit Saihoji sometime too, but I heard that it's not just open to anyone and you have to go through quite a bit of rigamarole to get in.
そうだ、嬉しいんだ、生きる喜び!
例え胸の傷が痛んでも。

Apex_

Post by Apex_ » Wed 09.03.2008 10:32 am

Yeah I am in the Uk sorry I forgot to specify.

Thanks for the link becki_kanou I had seen that poster before and it will be what I opt for should nothing else turn up, but as far as variety goes I have only come accross 2 different types, including the one you have linked to. Thanks anyway though.

edit: having put in the search 'art poster Japan' in Amazon UK I have now found a lot more options. Odd, Thanks :D .