Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Readers of Japanese for LibriVox?

Readers of Japanese for LibriVox?

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

Readers of Japanese for LibriVox?

Postby khindall » Fri 09.12.2008 1:55 pm

Hi, all!

This is kind of on topic, I guess, but safer in this forum.

LibriVox makes available free public-domain audiobooks (mostly based on texts from Project Gutenberg). They accept works in all languages and have a little bit in Japanese.

I was hoping that perhaps there might be people here willing to record in Japanese for LibriVox. I'm sure that any public-domain text would be acceptable, but for myself I am hoping for some children's literature, so that I can better learn Japanese. (Genji Monogatari in the original would be much too advanced for me!) Anything published before 1922 should be fair game.

If you want to record in English, too, that's fine, that's what I do. (I am also khindall in the forums over there.) I just was hoping to inspire someone to do some simple Japanese works, so I have something simple to start with.

Thanks for reading!
K
(pronounced "kei"/けい but spelled just K ^_^)
khindall

Native language: English

Re: Readers of Japanese for LibriVox?

Postby richvh » Fri 09.12.2008 2:07 pm

Even children's stories are generally too advanced for a beginning second language learner. (A native speaker child has a much richer vocabulary than a beginning adult learner, and a near instinctive grasp of the grammar of their language.) I suggest starting with Frank and the Obaasan, which is targeted at the beginning learner.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Re: Readers of Japanese for LibriVox?

Postby khindall » Tue 09.16.2008 9:27 pm

Thanks, Rich! I'll do that as soon as I've got a couple lessons under my belt. Currently my Japanese isn't good enough for anything beyond an introductory dialog.
K
(pronounced "kei"/けい but spelled just K ^_^)
khindall

Native language: English

Return to General off topic