Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Postby kyo_sora_forever » Mon 09.29.2008 11:50 am

I really want to go back to Japan and see if it will be different but I dont know I have this crazy notion that everyone in Japan knows about it
kyo_sora_forever
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun 11.12.2006 4:51 pm

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Postby becki_kanou » Mon 09.29.2008 11:59 am

Knows about the fact that you had bad breath?

Are you famous or something? If not, the people who you met probably don't even remember it. The real truth is most people (especially your age) are too busy obessing about their own perceived flaws to worry about the minor flaws of others.
そうだ、嬉しいんだ、生きる喜び!
例え胸の傷が痛んでも。
User avatar
becki_kanou
 
Posts: 3402
Joined: Sat 04.19.2008 10:09 pm
Location: Hyogo, Japan
Skype chat: yes_becki
Native language: U.S. English, 米語
Gender: Female

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Postby kyo_sora_forever » Mon 09.29.2008 12:27 pm

becki_kanou wrote:Knows about the fact that you had bad breath?

Are you famous or something? If not, the people who you met probably don't even remember it. The real truth is most people (especially your age) are too busy obessing about their own perceived flaws to worry about the minor flaws of others.


I think why I feel that way is Kasugai is a small town where everybody knows everyone and I was the

first gaijin at my school ever. Even elementary and middle school kids knew about it and would give me

dirty looks as I walked by. middle school kids even went so far as to yell something at me in Jpanese as

I walked by. On the train people I didnt even know would cover there noses :(
kyo_sora_forever
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun 11.12.2006 4:51 pm

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Postby kyo_sora_forever » Mon 09.29.2008 1:00 pm

well anyways I feel better sort of and I just want to say thanks 2 everyone for replying.
kyo_sora_forever
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun 11.12.2006 4:51 pm

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Postby two_heads_talking » Mon 09.29.2008 1:05 pm

I did a google search and I found no papers or other media news outlets having any mention of a smelly gaijin in Kasugai. So, if it was as bad as you say, I'd think that you would ahve made the papers..

There are also as of 2003 (a few years ago of course) 300,320 people living in Kasugai, hardly a small town where everyone knows everyone else.

The only thing about stinky water that I could find was this.. http://www.jp-hotel.to/print_page/print_page_euc.cgi?hotel_dir=kasugai_kasugai&gengo=eng&page=page1 and to be honest, it wasn't about stinky water at all..

In fact most of my searches came up with Kasugai, gummy candies..

I'm sure all of this can be explained in a simple, you took it all way out of context. But, then you really don't want to hear that it was you who overreacted. You would rather someone else be responsible. I can only hope you learned a few things and that while growing up, you can remember what you learned.
User avatar
two_heads_talking
 
Posts: 4137
Joined: Thu 04.06.2006 11:03 am
Native language: English

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Mike Cash » Mon 09.29.2008 2:37 pm

kyo_sora_forever wrote:I was stationed in a

small hick town called Kasugai in Aichi prefecture where everybody new everyone

and pretty soon the whole town

hated me!


For

God's

sake

they

should

hate

you

for

double

spacing.

Kasugai has 300,000 people. You're either delusional, stupid, a liar, or are trolling.

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, so I'll go with trolling.
Never underestimate my capacity for pettiness.
User avatar
Mike Cash
 
Posts: 2737
Joined: Sun 08.20.2006 3:38 am
Native language: English

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Postby kyo_sora_forever » Mon 09.29.2008 4:50 pm

Mike Cash wrote:
kyo_sora_forever wrote:I was stationed in a

small hick town called Kasugai in Aichi prefecture where everybody new everyone

and pretty soon the whole town

hated me!


For

God's

sake

they

should

hate

you

for

double

spacing.

Kasugai has 300,000 people. You're either delusional, stupid, a liar, or are trolling.

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, so I'll go with trolling.


whoa your a real jerk you know that :? and yes I am telling the truth! have you ever been to Kasuagai?

I was the only gaijin student in kasugai thats why every one knew about it
kyo_sora_forever
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun 11.12.2006 4:51 pm

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Postby kyo_sora_forever » Mon 09.29.2008 4:51 pm

and seriously why would I lie about the most traumatizing moment of my life????
kyo_sora_forever
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun 11.12.2006 4:51 pm

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Postby kyo_sora_forever » Mon 09.29.2008 4:57 pm

I mean seriously what do I get out of saying a stupid lie. Of course its true and it really happend I wanted to enjoy Japan as much as everyone else on this forum
kyo_sora_forever
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun 11.12.2006 4:51 pm

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Postby richvh » Mon 09.29.2008 5:00 pm

You're young yet, I'm sure you have lots of trauma ahead of you.

Have you considered that maybe people were staring at you because maybe, just possibly, you looked different from everyone else? That you weren't "the smelly gaijin", but rather "the gaijin" pure and simple?
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh
 
Posts: 6451
Joined: Thu 09.29.2005 10:35 pm

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Postby kyo_sora_forever » Mon 09.29.2008 5:53 pm

richvh wrote:You're young yet, I'm sure you have lots of trauma ahead of you.

Have you considered that maybe people were staring at you because maybe, just possibly, you looked different from everyone else? That you weren't "the smelly gaijin", but rather "the gaijin" pure and simple?


no I am one hundred percent positive it was my breath . I was in on the bus and this boy ran after my

bus covering his nose. :( while other boys laughed! It was so bad my host family had to lower the

windows when I talked in the car, It was so bad I could smell it. I was so frustrated that I cleaned

my tongue with a scraper till it bled, brushed my teeth for 20 minutes a day , bought over 10 different

types of toothpastes and gargled with mouthwash for 5 minutes! It was pretty epic :(
kyo_sora_forever
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun 11.12.2006 4:51 pm

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Postby kyo_sora_forever » Mon 09.29.2008 5:59 pm

Oh and flossed daily to no avail. I mean jesus who ever heard of being that allergic to water. I thought

water was water all over the world and thought even though if it was the water I would eventually

adapt to it but I lived there for a month and a half and I never adapted to the water
kyo_sora_forever
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun 11.12.2006 4:51 pm

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Postby richvh » Mon 09.29.2008 6:14 pm

Maybe it was the size of your nose that attracted attention?
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh
 
Posts: 6451
Joined: Thu 09.29.2005 10:35 pm

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Dehitay » Mon 09.29.2008 6:18 pm

I'll assume that you probly did have bad breath while in Japan, though I can't really believe it was so bad that you were outcast by a town. Judging by the facts given, I would have to agree with 2heads theory that it was your diet. I don't know actually know much about Japan's water or toothpaste, but considering it's a 1st world country, I would have to assume neither would cause halitosis. Food, however, very commonly does. A mixture of new foods could have very possibly ruined your breath. And considering it stopped after your return to the US, it's even more believable.

However, this thread does bring up a point I haven't considered before. Is Japanese tap water safe for drinking? Pretty much all I drink is tap water, and buying water would be a drastic change for me.
www.bananamonkeyninja.com
The only webcomic endorsed by Banana Monkey Ninja
User avatar
Dehitay
 
Posts: 1010
Joined: Fri 09.08.2006 8:36 pm
Location: San Antonio, Texas, USA
Native language: English
Gender: Male

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Yudan Taiteki » Mon 09.29.2008 6:27 pm

I drank a lot of Japanese tap water every day for 2 years I lived there, and I'm still alive.
-Chris Kern
User avatar
Yudan Taiteki
 
Posts: 5609
Joined: Wed 11.01.2006 11:32 pm
Native language: English

PreviousNext

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests